Manchester United vs Kristiansund BK (Tue 30th July, 18:00 UK time)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Need someone that can unlock a defence and someone to actually be clinical. Van persie in the team today and we're winning 3-0.

always_hoping

Shots 32 for United and 4 from Kristiansund. On target 12 v 0 and possession 73% for United on another night United would have won that game 4-0 at least. I'm encouraged with the fitness and pressing game United are playing compared to this time last year. Milan up next and another win there will set United up nicely for the serious stuff.

SqueakyWeasel

Shots 32 for United and 4 from Kristiansund. On target 12 v 0 and possession 73% for United on another night United would have won that game 4-0 at least. I'm encouraged with the fitness and pressing game United are playing compared to this time last year. Milan up next and another win there will set United up nicely for the serious stuff.
And, if I'm not mistaken, a cup too!

Agree with the sentiment of your post too. First two keepers had worldies!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really enjoyed that.
I think we lacked a bit of quality and energy that we'd seen in the previous pre-season matches.
I don't know why, but that felt most like a friendly out of any of the matches so far.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Makes me less excited actually, we have dominated games like this before and not managed to score a fecking goal. I hope it's not same as before, and well start dominating and scoring.
Last season was virtually never like that. We kept serving up losing performances.

Red Rash

I think we played really well and if it wasn't for their keepers having good performances we would have scored a lot.

McTominay looked good too

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can we expect an interview from Solskjaer or can I turn MUTV off?

romufc

Good outing from the players, but as usual Caf is full of pessimists, this is pre season, and we are seing what Ole wants to achieve.
It feels like I am on a Liverpool forum with the amount of negativity over a pre season game we dominated and won.

redshaw

I hope we're allowed back to Norway after that shocking dive. Great ball in from Pogba.

buckooo1978

played quite well in that but lack of finishing cost us

Pogba's pass to Mata highlights his importance as a creator again...perfectly weighted.

Rashford tried the same thing with Daniel James and overcooked it a little. That's the difference.

We will nee Rashford, Martial, Lingard, James etc to show that bit more class in front of goal

McTominay was unlucky and was finding space particularly in their box in his right sided box to box role

all in all a good workout

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I paid €9 the see all of the pre season games and the MUTV production was so amateurish that I sometimes cringed when watching. Another issue is that I couldn’t watch it on my AppleTV, only iPad, that’s so lame. Wake up FFS, even YouTuber can do better then this.

Todays game.

Let’s be realistic. Top four is far away if we continue with Jones, Matic and Lingard as starters. Shaw and James was average and both seems to lack confidence.

On the positive side was AWB and Lindelöf in the defense, McTominay in midfield and Martial up front, all of them looked good. With more creativity from Pogba plus one our team look decent. We’re still a little bit unsynchronized and heavy on the ball but when season starts I think we will be ok.

Our 4241 line up needs a baller with a better vision, someone who can pass and shot from distance to be more effective. Dybala or Bruno doesn’t matter as long as we replace Lingard as a number ten. I also hope that the Maguire rumors are correct, if we continue with Jones I’m going to throw up.

Finally I was so happy to see these two Norwegian young kids coming on. Solskjaer must be so proud of his son. Great to see.

settembrini

Not great that we needed a last minute dive to beat such a weak team.

Problem was obviously the attack, front four that started today was the same front four that started against Inter and they were unable to score in either game.

At least McTominay was good again.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Need someone that can unlock a defence and someone to actually be clinical. Van persie in the team today and we're winning 3-0.
Now you are taking about a proper striker. On his day, Van Persie was absolutely deadly. Top player by any standards. The only United player I saw who came close was the great Dennis Law.

SqueakyWeasel

Didn't even ask about transfers. :mad:
It's MUTV not the press.

They know that Ole can't say anything tonight except about tonight's game.

Hopefully McG and BF signed over the next few days and paraded at OT on Saturday will help make the jigsaw look a bit more complete (as an added bonus, wouldn't Lukaku out and Dybala in plus ca$h be fantastic as well?)

edgar allan

Good outing from the players, but as usual Caf is full of pessimists, this is pre season, and we are seing what Ole wants to achieve.
It feels like I am on a Liverpool forum with the amount of negativity over a pre season game we dominated and won.
needing a dive to see off a bunch of part-timers is hardly going to result in much positivity?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It's MUTV not the press.

They know that Ole can't say anything tonight except about tonight's game.

Hopefully McG and BF signed over the next few days and paraded at OT on Saturday will help make the jigsaw look a bit more complete (as an added bonus, wouldn't Lukaku out and Dybala in plus ca$h be fantastic as well?)
We need 4 players in actually.
But those two will be good additions.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
A shit club? Because?
Because it winds up their fans, and that is fun.
Norwegian clubs are horrible in general. Teams can be challenging for the top 4 one season and look like going down the next (Brann/Enga/Tromsø/Stabæk/Start).

Kristiansund might be 7th now, but they are closer to last (11 points) than first place (12 points).
Either way, they just came up from the second division. Hardly some Norwegian giants.

Infra-red

Not great that we needed a last minute dive to beat such a weak team.

Problem was obviously the attack, front four that started today was the same front four that started against Inter and they were unable to score in either game.

At least McTominay was good again.
Lack of quality all over the pitch. Not Solskjaer's fault - he only has the tools he's been given, and, to be fair to him, there does at least seem to be a coherent plan in place.

Without much better players in defence, midfield and especially attack, it will all come to nought, though.