Manchester United vs Leeds (Wed 12th July, 16:00 UK time)

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
What I'd like to see tomorrow.

Kovar

Jurado
Fish
Martinez
Fernandez

Hannibal
Mainoo
Mount

Amad
Hugill
Sancho

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hate early preseason when you’ve got a bunch of kids and like 2 first team players. It’s better when you’ve a full squad so the new signings (Mount) can show what he’s all about with better players. Be good to see if any of our youth players are ready for pushing through this season though.

TheGame

---------------------------------Heaton
Wan-Bissaka------Varane----Martinez------Shaw
--------------------------------Casemiro
-------------Mount---------------------------Bruno
Antony---------------------Rashford--------------------Garnacho
Most of those people aren't even in the travelling squad. :lol:

Bertie Wooster

Not much attacking threat in the travelling squad. I'd be surprised if Hugill starts, but with him being the only proper #9 then tough to work out which player will be played out of position there (hopefully not Hannibal again!)

I'll probably guess at a starting XI of...

Heaton (but want to see Kovar)

AWB
Varane
Martinez
Williams (but want to see Fernandez)

Hannibal / Mainoo
Fred

Emeran / Amad
Mount
Sancho

Amad / Hugill

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
The club's social media promotion is always out of touch with reality. This is one of the worst things I've ever seen:
Looks like that was taken at gunpoint. Points to Varane for smiling.

lysglimt

Scout
Expected Leeds-side according to Leeds-live:

Dani van den Heuvel; Cody Drameh, Luke Ayling, Liam Cooper, Pascal Struijk; Darko Gyabi, Archie Gray; Georginio Rutter, Sam Greenwood, Mateo Joseph; Patrick Bamford

Looks solid in defense for a Championship-side, but paper-thin in central midfield.

Shimo

Wouldn't Casemiro not be back anyway? He played internationals recently like others didn't he?
He's been back, one of those first days of training as they walked in, he joked with Mount about their little coming together in the game last season.

Brightonian

Literally just a fitness session. We don't even have a striker to sit like a practice dummy in the #9 position so we can run out anything vaguely resembling our normal football.
No offence to Joe Hugill

dave1956

Of all teams to play in a friendly. Never known a Utd., v Leeds to be friendly, they will kick anything from the knee upwards. Who ever agreed to this game certainly has no history of the games between these two clubs.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"Let's have a preseason match against thugs who will break our players legs and spit on them" - Glazers

Glazers OUT.

Bondi77

---------------------------------Heaton
Wan-Bissaka------Varane----Martinez------Shaw
--------------------------------Casemiro
-------------Mount---------------------------Bruno
Antony---------------------Rashford--------------------Garnacho
I'd like to see that

MDFC Manager

Of all teams to play in a friendly. Never known a Utd., v Leeds to be friendly, they will kick anything from the knee upwards. Who ever agreed to this game certainly has no history of the games between these two clubs.
Perfect time to unleash the Hannibal

We need an rvn

Am I the only one not liking this as a pre-season match? Playing a match against one of your historic arch rivals from over the Pennines just sounds like a match that can blow up quite quickly.

edit: Just saw @dave1956 post who said the same...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Am I the only one not liking this as a pre-season match? Playing a match against one of your historic arch rivals from over the Pennines just sounds like a match that can blow up quite quickly.
Didn't we meet them in Australia a couple of years ago too? We've also faced Pool and City on several occasions in recent years. Facing Arsenal in a couple of weeks.

I agree it's a bit daft from a historical perspective but don't think it will 'blow up'. Players generally only care about building match fitness in pre season and fans in these stadiums are hardly hostile (they're just happy to see their teams on rare occasions).

We need an rvn

Didn't we meet them in Australia a couple of years ago too? We've also faced Pool and City on several occasions in recent years. Facing Arsenal in a couple of weeks.

I agree it's a bit daft from a historical perspective but don't think it will 'blow up'. Players generally only care about building match fitness in pre season and fans in these stadiums are hardly hostile (they're just happy to see their teams on rare occasions).
I think we did, and I know we've also faced City and Liverpool in these mini-money-making-tournaments.

I just think if these matches are mainly for building up fitness that there are other teams out there we can play where there is less risk of things getting heated, which can lead to a stupid leg breaking tackle (not saying that can't happen in the other matches of course)

tidraKS

Why didn't Van de Beek travel? He's still not fully training?

RedDevilRoshi

Finally a game to watch after weeks of endless piles of pish in that takeover talk.

Looking forward to seeing Mount and hoping for a good team performance & result. Just give us something to be happy about.

Red00012

It’s 2023 not 1993
Opposing players have the chats and bants in the tunnel before kick off these days .

Red00012

Martial is injured again isn’t he? Unless it was a wind up I’m sure I read he has a hip injury and will be out 7 weeks

Edit: probably a wind up as can’t find it anywhere
He’s not recovered from his hamstring injury suffered at the end of the season yet.