g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Leicester City

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 1 May 2016 @ 2:05pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

You want a regime where the club suffers more by achieving top 4. It suffers poor management and the club suffers having less tickets sold. The fans dont come (do you know the number of tickets being sold over to leicester fans?) Do you not see the empty seats? Do you not doze off by the football you are watching? Every football club aims at success and if a club with our resources and our value and our fan base accepts mediocrity then the ethos of the club are challenged. The winning mentality that fergie drilled in the DNA of the club is eroded. Being humiliated by lesser teams in champions league. Who will want to play here? DO you want us to become liverpool? where we try to be the best fans in the world and remember our good old days? The number of threads that say on this day 8 years ago or 5 years ago? what about today? what about now? What about the future? where are we heading? A midtable club who is used to being rich? These riches are here til we are succesful, they will fall and so will the club finances. Success on the pitch runs this club. If its not there, the foundations of the club will shake. Lets hope LVG gets 4th, then next year when all the big boys are back and tottenham and pool improve where do we sit? On comes the tactical genius of giggs, who has been part of two failed regimes at the club? Whats the future with a top 4 this year? Humiliation in the champions league?
    Believe it or not being sentimental will be stupid right now. The club needs new management and if the only way to ensure that is not getting top 4, then i am for it. Is it so difficult to understand? I dont enjoy united losing, i hate it, i am in an awful mood after IT, BUT i know, its for the better of united.
    The problem with your attitude though is that you think it is games like this that determine whether a manager is sacked or not. I understand people wanting a change, but change won't occur based on one particular result or another. The idea that Van Gaal staying or going depends on us getting top four is kind of ridiculous (and if that is actually the attitude of the club, then the problem is with the board, and Van Gaal is the least of our worries). Either way, there is no logical reason to want us to lose today as a United fan.

All that said, fair play to Leicester if they win it, and I won't begrudge them winning it on our turf, strange though it will be.

Mr Smith

I'm pretty sure it's just one poster, lads. We've probably had enough 'no real United fan wants to lose, what's this club coming to' hair pulling now.

Herrera showed once again against West Ham what he adds that no-one else does, that ability to play well even when it's scrappy. No-one else in our squad would have kept trying to slide that through-ball in even after being dumped on his arse. I know Van Gaal refuses to start him, but in theory I'd like:

DDG
    TFM Smalling Blind Darmian
    Schneiderlin
    Herrera Rooney
    Lingard Rashford Martial​
    I'd love this team, they'll run Leicester's fullbacks ragged, and we'd have a man over them in the middle of the park with two ball-playing midfielders. Schneiderlin will have to sit very deep though to guard against the counter-attacking threat, and will also have to double up on Marhez occasionally.

Regarding playing Fellani for his height, he never actually jumps, so feck that.

pauldyson1uk

The problem with your attitude though is that you think it is games like this that determine whether a manager is sacked or not. I understand people wanting a change, but change won't occur based on one particular result or another. The idea that Van Gaal staying or going depends on us getting top four is kind of ridiculous (and if that is actually the attitude of the club, then the problem is with the board, and Van Gaal is the least of our worries). Either way, there is no logical reason to want us to lose today as a United fan.

All that said, fair play to Leicester if they win it, and I won't begrudge them winning it on our turf, strange though it will be.
    totally agree with this and if then they win today then they win.
    All I expect today is that the team performs to the best of their ability, if they do the result will take care of itself.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Confirmed United squad members: De Gea, Romero, Darmian, Valencia, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Rojo, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard, Memphis, Mata, Rooney, Rashford, Martial

Blind was not with the team, but likely he will turn up later. No Young again.

Nicklas

It's baffling that some fans wants us to lose today, because;
    • Leicester will win the league either way
    • LvGs future is already set by the club (he wont be the manager next season). A loss, win or draw against Leicester at home in May wont change anything. Despite what people think - Ed and Glazers ain't stupid.
    For the game, I'm expecting to see this team today:

Martial - Rashford - Lingard
    Rooney - Carrick - Fellaini
    Rojo - Blind - Smalling - Valencia
    De Gea
    Personally, I would rather see Januzaj, Herrera and Darmian instead of Lingard, Rooney and Rojo.

GapMinder

I'd love this team, they'll run Leicester's fullbacks ragged, and we'd have a man over them in the middle of the park with two ball-playing midfielders. Schneiderlin will have to sit very deep though to guard against the counter-attacking threat, and will also have to double up on Marhez occasionally.

Regarding playing Fellani for his height, he never actually jumps, so feck that.
    His head seems like a ball magnet sometimes though. But don't think we need him today.

Agree it's a great team. Have Mata over Lingard. Herrera and Mata play very well together.

Stretford End Phil

Big difference between wanting us to win today and saying fair play to Leicester if they win the championship. If anyone reads my earlier post as wanting United to lose they need glasses and English lessons!!

Reality check. As a matter of fact losing, especially at home doesn't make it easier for this board to remove LVG. Woody and the gang have so backed themselves into a corner over LVG they will look for every excuse to keep him until a viable alternative is available. Maureen isn't the viable alternative that every member of the board wants at this club. Given LVG's stance in the last press conference I also don't see any indication of him leaving. If LVG continues it will be excused on the grounds of reaching the FA Cup final, the squad transition with the young bloods, and the massive influx of Corporate sponsorship/tv money gradually replacing gate revenues which have been falling proportionately since 2005. Thats more than enough to convince any owner that the road is getting rosier, irrespective of how bad and boring its been for the fans. Remember, there are enough 'ambassadors' around who will point to the dark days of 1987-91 as a comparison and argue this period is an improvement. Its not a good time for fans and the omens don't point to massive changes on the horizon.

Mr Smith

His head seems like a ball magnet sometimes though. But don't think we need him today.

Agree it's a great team. Have Mata over Lingard. Herrera and Mata play very well together.
    Yeah, but why doesn't he actually use the advantage of his height? I get so frustrated watching him sometimes, it's like he thinks his extra height means he doesn't have to jump like everyone else. I may be a bit biased, I am just so done with him.

Fair call on Mata, but I reckon we could use Lingard's energy today more than Herrera/Mata's intricate passing. I want Fuchs and Simpson to be pegged back all game.

Norris

I think Leicester will be a little nervous. The idea that they could win the title at Old Trafford of all places, will definitely make them jittery for the first 5-15 mins. Hopefully, if we capitalize on that, we could score an early goal. But that said, Leicester's ability to turn defeats to wins this season has been remarkable, but we should still win it. It depends on those first 15 mins though. A goal in that time and this will be an excellent game, else Leicester will pretty much sit back and attack on the counter.

My Team for today

DDG
    Valencia -- Smalling -- Blind -- TFM
    Schneiderlin
    Fellaini -- Rooney
    Mata -- Rashford -- Martial
    I would love to see Herrera in that midfield 3, but after Fellaini's performance against Everton, I doubt he will be dropped.

Also, those reports of a bad blood between Pereira and van Gaal are true ? :(. He atleast deserves to be on the bench.

Drifter

American
    Fed up with the media coverage. Beeb saying they are preparing themselves for a Hollywood ending at OT. I wish Leicester well but not in this game.

Martial'sgaze

Would take Lingard over mata anyday on the wings,Mata slows everything down on the wings and prefer Ander herrera to him in the middle.
    Still think our best team at the moment that allows attacking football with balance is
    DDG
    Val - smalling - Blind - Rojo
    Carrick
    Herrera Rooney
    Lingard Rashford Martial

Zoo

We need to win and it will be very disappointing if we don't. They have no Vardy to use on the counter and we're at home, we should be disposing of these fairly comfortably.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    It feels weird to be rather confident we'll win this. The team top of the league, who rarely lose and rarely even concede goals, a team full of confidence, practically playing with zero pressure, who unleash frightening counter attacks at every opportunity.

Yet, I'm shitting it about Norwich away. No way we'll beat them. West Ham could turn us over as well. But nah, we'll crush Leicester, who are about to win the title.

I hate this season.

DomesticTadpole

I think Leicester will be a little nervous. The idea that they could win the title at Old Trafford of all places, will definitely make them jittery for the first 5-15 mins. Hopefully, if we capitalize on that, we could score an early goal. But that said, Leicester's ability to turn defeats to wins this season has been remarkable, but we should still win it. It depends on those first 15 mins though. A goal in that time and this will be an excellent game, else Leicester will pretty much sit back and attack on the counter.

My Team for today

DDG
    Valencia -- Smalling -- Blind -- TFM
    Schneiderlin
    Fellaini -- Rooney
    Mata -- Rashford -- Martial
    I would love to see Herrera in that midfield 3, but after Fellaini's performance against Everton, I doubt he will be dropped.

Also, those reports of a bad blood between Pereira and van Gaal are true ? :(. He atleast deserves to be on the bench.
    Not in the squad, neither is Ashley.

Marcus

We must win this game. Lay down a marker for next season.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Feeling we could win this.. but pretty much every time I've felt confident, LVG's "let's bore them to death" brigade has turned up, dominated possesion and not worked the oppostion keeper. So, who knows

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
    I want Leicester to win the league. That would be more special then Spurs. But today, I want us to hammer them. We've improved of late - baring certain games so I'm hopeful of a comfortable result and performance.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Chat shit, get banged ??
    Unfortunately for Vardy, in his last game for LCFC, he did chat shit. And he got banged for what could be the title winning game.
    His prophetic tweet (Chat shit, get banged), actually rings true in many aspects of life.

EmPeeKay

I think we will win today. We are under pressure to get top 4, but Leicester are under even more pressure to win it at OT. Watching Sky News Sports this morning, it seems they have turned into Leicester City TV. From showing packed coach buses with overconfident fans to extended interviews with a local artist painting a mural of Ranieri, etc.....Sky's bias is for all to see. The pre-match build up will most likely also feature two retired LFC players, so everything will be against us. Victory would therefore be even sweeter if we smash them.

DomesticTadpole

TEAM NEWS: UNITED
    United XI: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard; Rooney, Martial, Rashford. Subs: Romero, Darmian, Fosu-Mensah, Herrera, Mata, Schneiderlin, Memphis.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    TEAM NEWS: UNITED
    United XI: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard; Rooney, Martial, Rashford. Subs: Romero, Darmian, Fosu-Mensah, Herrera, Mata, Schneiderlin, Memphis.
    Arguably our strongest lineup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 385 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win