Manchester United vs Lens (Sat 5th August, 12:45 UK time)

laughtersassassin

I've just seen Andy Mitten on twitter saying he expects a mix
That would be interesting all reports beforehand said full team in one for majority of game.

Also usually the week before the league starts you give the 11 you intend to play in the first game close to a full 90.

We will know soon enough anyway.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lens game wasn't fixed when tickets were released for Dublin.
Ah okay fair enough if you purchased tickets when the fixture was announced. I would never buy tickets for a friendly that far in advance but I can understand your gripe then.

Maybe they play half the first teamers today and half tomorrow.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don’t understand how 2 mixed games helps our prep to start the season?
Aye, I would have thought one of these games has to start with our strongest team in full and that they then play for 60+ minutes.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Also usually the week before the league starts you give the 11 you intend to play in the first game close to a full 90.
Yeah which is what had the excitement levels up for us here.

We're going to have to wait and see as you say but the club will hopefully have some respect for the fans here too

laughtersassassin

Yeah which is what had the excitement levels up for us here.

We're going to have to wait and see as you say but the club will hopefully have some respect for the fans here too
I think the major error was announcing and selling out the Dublin game and then setting the Lens fixture the day before after the fact.

Means no one got to make an informed decision where they knew they where taking a risk.

A shame but hopefully both sets of fans see a good game and come away happy enough.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Well no shit Sherlock, league starts next Friday and it's the main 11/14 players you see now.
:D

Would be weird seeing the team that faced Wrexham now.
There’s another game tomorrow..

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yeah that's probably next week's starting 11. Wouldn't have Dalot myself.

RuudTom83

Nice line-up! give them 90 today and the first few games of the season...then its winners stay on!

Alemar

No Henderson, McTominay or Fred in the squad - whereas Maguire and VDB on the bench…

doomy20

Pretty much the exact 11 I expect versus Wolves except maybe Wan Bissaka in for Dalot.

Also feck me is Martial a hospital patient. Absolute waste of time owning him these days.
Exactly this. He picked up his injury in May and isn’t even fit enough for 30 pre season minutes on August 5??

Looking forward when he gets subbed on in the league in 2/3 weeks, looking depressed and slow like always.

LInkash

I see 2023/24 is still going to be subject to the annoying lineup format! They get the first bit right by starting with Onana, why not do the rest?
Maybe as everyone's position is not fixed, except the goalkeeper.

Werewolf

Exactly this. He picked up his injury in May and isn’t even fit enough for 30 pre season minutes on August 5??

Looking forward when he gets subbed on in the league in 2/3 weeks, looking depressed and slow like always.
Do you think he does it on purpose ?

El Jefe

That bench looks so uninspiring. As long as Martial is our 2nd/3rd choice striker we risk having very little options up front.