Manchester United vs Lens (Sat 5th August, 12:45 UK time)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Well ETH himself said he wants us to be best in transition. The difference between Ole ball and Ten Hag ball is ETH wants us to play higher, with a higher line, sweeper keeper, pressing high up. And we want to invite a press to play through that. As opposed to Ole who would defend deeper to be able to counter.
Not that he had a choice with DDG in goal.

Abraxas

Not too concerned about this...it's fine. Good workout. We're not playing mugs out there. They're a good side.

mav_9me

RB is going to be a real problem position this year. Both have their pros and cons. Not much we can do for now. You'll see them alternate quite a bit depending on opposition

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Everybody is going to hate me for saying this, but this is a classic Oleball win. Two counter-attacks and one set piece. Mind you I have only seen the highlights, not the whole game so might be wrong.
Most wins against a high-press will look like this as it's the easiest way to score against them.

Skills

Snitch
We can't be a 100% possession based team that is allergic to counter attacks when we have so many quick players up front.
We're tried to be a tiki taka team under Van Gaal where he was reportedly shouting at Herrera for shooting instead of keeping the pass sequence, the result was a tiki crappa.
Wonder how Guardiola managed it with Aguero, Same and Sterling in his attack. Truly a magician

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Well ETH himself said he wants us to be best in transition. The difference between Ole ball and Ten Hag ball is ETH wants us to play higher, with a higher line, sweeper keeper, pressing high up. And we want to invite a press to play through that. As opposed to Ole who would defend deeper to be able to counter.
Sounds good, like I said I haven’t watched the game, just the highlights

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Waited a bit too long did Rash

AltiUn

Bit surprised we keep seeing Forson, he's a decent player but not one I'd have expected to get any meaningful first team appearances.

mav_9me

Most wins against a high-press will look like this as it's the easiest way to score against them.
And that's what I think ETH wants. He wants us to be pressed and us to break through it.

Jazz

The Lens fans having fun :D

mu4c_20le

Rashy just rolls the ball with his foot and the commentators acted like he did a reverse elastico

the_cliff

That was wonderful build up by us there, as good as I've seen from us in a while.

Rashford should've done better in the end.

JuriM

Bit surprised we keep seeing Forson, he's a decent player but not one I'd have expected to get any meaningful first team appearances.
Mainoo & Amad both out, he is further in picking order than Pellistri then, says a lot about him.

AltiUn

And that's what I think ETH wants. He wants us to be pressed and us to break through it.
Yeah, would explain the ball playing keeper, Martinez's signing last year and the links to Amrabat.

AltiUn

Mainoo & Amad both out, he is further in picking order than Pellistri then, says a lot about him.
Don't understand why he's ahead of Pellistri personally.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Would be a decent result all told this.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Wonder how Guardiola managed it with Aguero, Same and Sterling in his attack. Truly a magician
But they did score counter attack goals though. Would be a waste if they didn't and passed it back just because it's the philosophy.

Maureen-yo

That was class by Rashford! So happy to see him looking confident and playing well in 2nd half. Need him at his best for start of season.
this! Some People moaning that he used a piece of skill to work himself into a shooting position when there wasn’t really a better option; welcome to another season on the Caf.

Jazz

:lol: Oh my goodness these fans

CloneMC16

Same. ETH really doesn't seem to rate him. He usually looks good in his cameos, but never gets a chance for a long time afterwards.

I'm surprised we haven't loaned him out again.

redom

Lens have done well in stopping us playing out from the back for the most part, made us look uncomfortable numerous times so it's been a good test.

saik

Left footed. Ten Hag likes his inverted wingers. Pellistri would come on left wing but he already has Rashford, Garnacho and Sancho ahead of him. If Amad wasn't injured, he would be the one coming on instead of Forson definitely.