Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Partridge

Rashford is the definition of a big game player. And he's got Arnold's number... I'm confident he's gonna play and perform very well.
Pogba is quite easily our best player in the form he’s in. I don’t see him being displaced by an underperforming Rashford.

Dr Foo

Rest players for this match or Roma? Hmm

Hendo
AwB Lind Mag Shaw
Fred McTom (would like to rest one of them but realise we only have Matic)
James Bruno Rashford
Greenwood

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Hendo
AwB Lind Mag Shaw
James Bruno Rashford
Greenwood
You don't rest players for Liverpool. It's just one of those things you don't do.

lost7

Pogba is quite easily our best player in the form he’s in. I don’t see him being displaced by an underperforming Rashford.
He can play in midfield. Or you can drop Cavani and move Rashford to the middle...

Rashy's gonna play for sure, just think about how many goals he scored vs Liverpool

croadyman

Seeing BBC saying well City have done their part now over to Liverpool really makes me want to put one over them even more

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
I've made my peace with another City title, but please, let's not hand it to them by losing to the rags.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I do hope Liverpool will play in Conference League next season, just because it sounds so poor and so Sunday League.

The title is City's, that's obvious, but we need to win to make them fail to qualify to Europa League.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Henderson
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
McTominay - Fred
Greenwood - Bruno - Pogba
Cavani​

All the big hitters again apart from Rashford who would benefit from the bench atm.

Can rest people next Thursday while giving minutes to the players who need them.
I agree with this. Midfield will be important- McT needs to play well

p

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Rashy looks like a break would do him good.
Greenwood on the right. Amad to expose TAA?

United win.

djembatheking

It would be fantastic to have Liverpool representing the Premier League in the Europa Conference League next season , they would have a great chance of being the first team to win it against some of Europes finest.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I've made my peace with another City title, but please, let's not hand it to them by losing to the rags.
to hell with CIty - they will always be plastic!

If we beat this shower tomorrow surely thats their CL hopes dead!

Al-T

Am I right in thinking that, if by some malign twist of fate, Arsenal were to win the Europa League, the team that finishes fourth misses out on Champions League?

Thursday's result means there's no need to rest players against these.

Beating Liverpool always matters.

Get it right up them.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Am I right in thinking that, if by some malign twist of fate, Arsenal were to win the Europa League, the team that finishes fourth misses out on Champions League?

Thursday's result means there's no need to rest players against these.

Beating Liverpool always matters.

Get it right up them.
Only if Chelsea miss out on top 4 and win the CL

Redfrog

People saying players need a rest for Roma are losing their minds. No chance we are going out against Roma no matter what team we play...
Let’s just kill all hopes of the scouse sc*m.

I never feel more relaxed against pool. Just hope our players don’t feel the same.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

We are fecked
Barcodes fan who grew up during the Kevin Keegan era. Of course he fecking hates United. The scouse will be celebrating that appointment like a goal, just as they did the last time he was given this fixture.

MetoTTT

We have to start our best team and go for the win or draw to end their Top 4 hopes.

Loon

:lol:
This is the one you want to win, year in, year out. Put a smile on my face, Boys. Please.

always_hoping

According to the Manchester evening news.

Confirmed Manchester United squad members vs Liverpool:

Goalkeepers:
David de Gea, Dean Henderson, Lee Grant.

Defenders: Luke Shaw, Harry Maguire, Brandon Williams, Victor Lindelof, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Axel Tuanzebe, Alex Telles, Eric Bailly.

Midfielders: Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Donny van de Beek, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay.

Forwards: Edinson Cavani, Marcus Rashford, Amad, Mason Greenwood

BorisManUtd

I'm so nervous already, don't like this fixture at all whether they have Roy Hodgson or Jurgen Klopp as their manager, it's never easy against Liverpool. It's a must win for them as their chances of top 4 depend on this game plus they basically had whole week to rest.

Cavani played on Thursday so not sure if he will start twice in 3 days.

Mr Smith

We should go for this. We can end their fading CL hopes and cement our place in second. Winning this will end their season, and have us going into the second leg against Roma on a high.

I think the advantage is also with us here, as Liverpool need to win much more than we do. We can pick them off on the counter.

Team I would go with:

Henderson
AWB-Maguire-Lindelof-Shaw
Fred-McTominay
Greenwood-Bruno-Pogba
Cavani

Could be Rashford ahead of Cavani, but I actually think there's more merit having Rashford come on as a sub in the second half when there are tired legs, and murder them on the break.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
First United/Liverpool match in ages where I'm not bricking it even if Liverpool's circumstances probably have them as slight favourites.

Confidence should be sky high after the Roma game and I'm hoping Liverpool play with an air of fear and desperation knowing that if they don't win then top 4 is gone.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest

Hendo
AwB Lind Mag Shaw
James Bruno Rashford
Greenwood
Absolutely no way we should prioritise the Roma game over this one. And please please no Matic. Anyone but him.

Status
Not open for further replies.