Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Foo

Absolutely no way we should prioritise the Roma game over this one. And please please no Matic. Anyone but him.
Agree. I was just wondering if a few fresh legs would be more productive, but realised we don't really have alternatives to McFred for crucial games at this point. Hence a DM is an area of priority for transfer window.

Likely Cavani may be the only one rotated to come off the bench based on circumstance

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
4 pages of build up for a Liverpool game. Glorious how irrelevant they are once more.

Cast5

Can’t remember a time when there’s been less hype for a United vs Liverpool game, I’m buzzing personally, would love to give them an absolute hiding!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They’ve only two pages buildup over there, but some gems are found...

Cmon, it'll be a real feather in our cap to beat the world diving champions in their own pool.

Over /under on first Fernades girlie-scream is 6 mins, ive got $100 on under.
Has it been decided in what minute United are getting their penalty yet?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’d almost swap a 5-0 trouncing of the Scum today in place of a UEFA Cup victory this season.

Never forget their arrogance - over the last number of years especially - and the importance of kicking that shower when they are down.

Really hope the lads are up for this today and give them hell for the full 90.

Buchan

Batter them.
:D

You’d normally say that about them anyway - no matter the circumstances - but certainly this year. Would love yourselves or West Ham to sneak into the European Cup spots ahead of them. It would be well deserved, too. They deserve absolutely nothing from their horrendous four-month run in 2021.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just win baby, win

Lappen

This game is incranebel important to Liverpool and I see a red coming up to a overheated Liverpool player.
Lets hope we are on our toes from the start and don't give away big chances before starting playing good.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
We're losing this game. "Always" happens after a good game. Beat PSG/tie Chelsea, beat Leipzig/lose Arsenal, beat Southampton/tie Everton, beat Milan/lose Leicester..

cyberman

I’d almost swap a 5-0 trouncing of the Scum today in place of a UEFA Cup victory this season.

Never forget their arrogance - over the last number of years especially - and the importance of kicking that shower when they are down.

Really hope the lads are up for this today and give them hell for the full 90.
I would take a humiliating win over Liverpool if the trade were to lose the final.
A cup is a cup but its the EL and will fade within weeks. I get to enjoy Conference league Liverpool all season. Especially when there isnt a team good enough that Liverpool can sneakily throw the tie to.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This game is incranebel important to Liverpool and I see a red coming up to a overheated Liverpool player.
Lets hope we are on our toes from the start and don't give away big chances before starting playing good.
Well they will score first. Bet on that

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I would take a late penalty in added time. :D

Buchan

I would take a humiliating win over Liverpool if the trade were to lose the final.
A cup is a cup but its the EL and will fade within weeks. I get to enjoy Conference league Liverpool all season. Especially when there isnt a team good enough that Liverpool can sneakily throw the tie to.
I understand your position and agree to an extent but I cannot escape the feeling that it’s essential for Solskjaer and this team to finally win something having been close on multiple occasions in the last two years.

If we don’t win the UEFA Cup this season, I’d fear the scars could be haunting whilst the alternative could really spur us on to greater things over the next few years such will be our belief.

I could also be completely wrong but it’s just a hunch I have. Some teams use losses to spur them on (Klopp’s Liverpool losing cup finals and league titles with record points totals yet went on to great things) but I’m still unsure if we are in the same mould as those. I’d align us to maybe Ferguson’s early teams (the FA Cup win and the Cup Winners’ Cup win the following season) and City under Mancini - when they won the FA Cup knocking us out in Wembley en route - before winning the league the following season. Hopefully a UEFA Cup win this season for us will have a similar impact on the boys.

Last edited:

M16Red

Mo Salah and Sadio Mane are Muslims so they'll be fasting.. as someone who fasts for 18 hours every day, I can tell you running around for 10 minutes isn't easy.. same goes for Pogba.

Lappen

Well they will score first. Bet on that
I wouldn't bet against that!
I don't see Liverpool games often, but they usually score first don't they?
And we have a bad habit in not scoring first.

Not letting them score early will get in there heads as well... I can see Klopp screaming his head of every time the ref give a freekick to us.

Intense game is coming up!

Lappen

Mo Salah and Sadio Mane are Muslims so they'll be fasting.. as someone who fasts for 18 hours every day, I can tell you running around for 10 minutes isn't easy.. same goes for Pogba.
It is really interesting how some players don't seems to be affected that much and others clearly struggles.
I think Jota starts and Mane starts on the bench. A little surprise from Klopp....

M16Red

Pogba was fasting in the Roma game wasn't he?
Yep, but that was nearing sun down - he could have had something at half time.

It also depends on how they do it, I know peps who drink water and some that don't.

It's almost 11 hours without food or drink and then go a play a football game that must be flipping hard.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff

It also depends on how they do it, I know peps who drink water and some that don't.

It's almost 11 hours without food or drink and then go a play a football game that must be flipping hard.
Must be. Most players even have in game nutrition now so must be a huge disadvantage.

PoTMS

Who does this? They may as well not fast.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
A win here and we have second place in the bag, I say go strong with the line up today and rotate a few for the Roma game mid week.

Rustyspider13

After Chelsea's win, Liverpool need to come out all guns blazing. I don't think we can go toe to toe with them having a much longer rest period. So we should adopt our classic sit back and counter approach. I don't want any of our back five to take too much time on the ball. When in doubt, clear it long every time. If we manage to keep them at bay for 30 mins, they'll start getting desperate and opportunities will open up.

While I expect almost the same lineup vs Roma(with Greenwood for Cavani), I'd like to see Rashford on the left vs TAA. Pack the midfield with Pogba, Bruno, Fred and McT if necessary and go with split strikers in attack.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A win here and we have second place in the bag, I say go strong with the line up today and rotate a few for the Roma game mid week.
We have 5 subs mid week don’t we? We can rest 5 players and if it’s not in any way comfortable we can bring on the big guns and if it’s totally comfortable we can rest 5 more.

Stevondo8

I guess this comes down to what is Ole’s mentality in this game. Usually he’s gone to contain and hit on the counter in the big games and if we do that today, James will probably start and chase Robertson around. Rest of the team then picks itself (Pogba left, Rashford up top and McFred)

For me though, I want to see Greenwood on the right.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I wouldn't bet against that!
I don't see Liverpool games often, but they usually score first don't they?
And we have a bad habit in not scoring first.

Not letting them score early will get in there heads as well... I can see Klopp screaming his head of every time the ref give a freekick to us.

Intense game is coming up!
I'd see them scoring in the first 5 mins. They are playing poorly but they'll surely improve for this match.

I'll be extremely annoyed if we lose.
There's a chance here to almost kill their qualification hopes for the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.