g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Funny that there are people who believe us losing 3 points is in any way good for the club. I am all for getting the Glazers out - but this is just stupid
3 points is small fry. In the grand scheme of things a single match is nothing. Certainly not more important than the future of our club as we know it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kickoff delayed. No time announced yet.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Just move the game to Anfield - I'm still pissed-off we didn't win that one :mad:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I have it on in the background, but not interested really. :lol:
The coverage here had side by side screens with the announcers talking about the fans. They did not cut to the game when the second goal was scored.:lol:

Roboc7

How will this help get the Glazers out? The only way is £££. They are business people after all. This may just get their backs up and dig in. No billionaire/s will want to be seen bullied out of their own club.
What next? Burn down OT?
Because the Glazers trade off fans to sponsors and a football team that can’t play it’s matches isn’t much of an asset.

Let’s be honest a lot of people don’t like the Glazers but don’t want it to affect them watching the team. That’s fine but it’s also what the Glazers rely on, they can do what they want and people will come back for more.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Wouldn’t there need to be a security sweep of the stadium too?
Yes you are right, however the stewards are trained to do this quickly.
The question here is about policing - the match day commander might call it off due to control reasons. Or lack of.

with no "fans" expected in the stadiums I would say the normal match day policing is very much reduced .

I dont think this will go ahead.

Liverpool will get a walkover.

Matt851

Liverpool fans should be protesting as well, but they won't because John Henry gave such a nice apology.
True although lets face it their owners have been much better for the club than the glazers. They were probably better than united supporters have been at mobilising mass protests when hicks and gillete took over. I dont think their owners have laden them with debt which is the biggest issue with the glazers as well as the apathy in terms of developing a successful football team

Alemar

What is happening? Why can’t we just have a normal kick off ?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
beginning to sound as if this will be postponed - midweek game week after Roma game?

mu4c_20le

Our own fans damaged our equipment?

There's the budget for Sancho then

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
This will achieve nothing except damage the club and deter players.

Glazers will still be parasiting off the club for years.
Let's all just bend over and do nothing then.

Alemar

Well, how we supposed to have a normal kick off when both teams haven’t even left the hotel.
But why such things happen? Police gets their salary for a reason - can’t they just arrest all those who prevents the kick off?

Real Name

Except for the few idiots generally great stuff all around. Have to laugh at the saying don't buy shorts crew. Yeah that will damage the Glazers. I'm sure fans all around the world will suddenly stop buying the club merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.