Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Thanks
Yep not that many being sold but I think more will come out on sale between now and the start of the match

I also think it'll be quit full but many thousands would have gotten it with steep discounts or practically given to them for free. The promoters cannot have empty seats with all the PR they've done

Just curious, why do you think it will be mostly Liverpool fans?
They already outnumber united fans here in thailand about 60/40 I'd say. Add to that the team that is visiting has a CL and pl in the bag and a lot of fans will want to go see the likes of Salah and Trent etc.

Our biggest draws are de gea and Bruno and we've just come off our worst pl season ever. I'd say united fans are much less incentivised to attend especially as the casual appeal with Ronaldo isn't there.

kkengvib

They already outnumber united fans here in thailand about 60/40 I'd say. Add to that the team that is visiting has a CL and pl in the bag and a lot of fans will want to go see the likes of Salah and Trent etc.

Our biggest draws are de gea and Bruno and we've just come off our worst pl season ever. I'd say united fans are much less incentivised to attend especially as the casual appeal with Ronaldo isn't there.
I always though Utd fans outnumber Liverpool in Thailand.
Bangkok Post article here https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/...t-popular-epl-football-team-to-thai-fans-poll

Decent sample size

But yeah the Utd fans are probably less interested given recent performances. I'm sure lots are intrigued at EtH's first game though (despite it being a friendly). I'm happy to assess that at the comforts of my couch though!

Walters_19_MuFc

That's rather depressing. That's ruined my day already. The fact that it's a strong possibility we start that 11.
A large bulk of that team finished 3rd and 2nd respectively the two seasons prior to last.

With the new signings added to the squad and ten Hag hopefully getting the best out of our front four again, we should be looking forward to a successful season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bangkok Post article here https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/...t-popular-epl-football-team-to-thai-fans-poll

Decent sample size

But yeah the Utd fans are probably less interested given recent performances. I'm sure lots are intrigued at EtH's first game though (despite it being a friendly). I'm happy to assess that at the comforts of my couch though!
Never ever trust the Nida poll. It's as unreliable as it gets. I got some sponsor tickets so will be attending with my brother and dad (both liverpool fans) Hope it doesn't rain!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just caught a clip of the pre-match discussion. Danny Simpson was telling about the effects of jet lag and what happened to him in South Africa. He had overslept and someone had to knock on his hotel door to wake him up.
He rushed down to the bus downstairs -- everyone were furious at him incl Fergie. They were off to see Nelson Mandala!!!!

laughtersassassin

A large bulk of that team finished 3rd and 2nd respectively the two seasons prior to last.

With the new signings added to the squad and ten Hag hopefully getting the best out of our front four again, we should be looking forward to a successful season.
We really going to keep pretending that there wasn't extenuating circumstances for that?

Fact is the sqaud we have right now is very poor and significantly weaker than the squads you mentioned. There is not getting around that without serious reinforcements.

Also even 2nd ain't impressive when your a million points off top. Add to that our competitors are improving on their existing squads unlike us

Highfather_24

DDG

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

Matic
Pogba
/Fred
Bruno

Greenwood
Martial/Cavani
Rashford

This was the core of the 19-21 team that came 2nd and 3rd. The crossed have been sold/released, and the ones in red are the off form ones.

We have since added Varane, Sancho and Malacia. The first two had very underwhelming first season, and Malacia is expected to be a squad player.

I get why people are anxious. Its not looking good.

James35

If we can take our form from the semi into this final we should be ok.

Seriously though I’m expecting us to lose regardless and I couldn’t care less though. We will all have time to fume on 22nd August.

I’m more concerned with transfers than this money spinning friendly.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It would be no surprise if United lined up in a 4-3-3 against Liverpool with Diogo Dalot and Luke Shaw at full-back, Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly as centre-halves, Fred as a holding midfielder with Donny van de Beek and Bruno Fernandes either side, with Anthony Martial at centre-forward, Marcus Rashford wide left and Jadon Sancho wide right. That was how United lined up in one drill.

Ace

Traditionally pre-season matches are streamed on MUTV. Is there any other locations for this game that you all know about?

Highfather_24

----------------DDG
Dalot--Bailly--Lindelof--Shaw
-----------VDB----Fred
Sancho---Bruno--Rashford
--------------Martial

This seems to be our team for tomorrow.

Josh 76

If we can take our form from the semi into this final we should be ok.

Seriously though I’m expecting us to lose regardless and I couldn’t care less though. We will all have time to fume on 22nd August.

I’m more concerned with transfers than this money spinning friendly.
As long it’s not a hammering!

Highfather_24

Seems like we will play 4-2-3-1. Interesting to see VdB being used as an #6/8 in the double pivot.

always_hoping

----------------DDG
-----------VDB----Fred
Sancho---Bruno--Rashford
--------------Martial

Looks like the team that will likely start the opening PL match v Brighton.

How many pre season matches in total for United 6 or more?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
----------------DDG
-----------VDB----Fred
Sancho---Bruno--Rashford
--------------Martial

Don't want to seem like a miserable sod, but that team is pretty damn awful. We need so many signings. So much for the rebuild we've been doing for the past 3 and half years.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know why but I'm sure as hell excited for this.
How's ten hag's approach to pre season games, anything to expect?

wolvored

Decent sample size

That post was 6 years ago and a lot has changed since then. What was the crowds like when the teams arrived the other day? Did Utd or Liverpool have more fans there.

Bulldog United

I don't know why but I'm sure as hell excited for this.
How's ten hag's approach to pre season games, anything to expect?
I feel exactly the same. I know it should only be a friendly, but I'm really up for this today.

ETH will give the squad a chance to make a good impression within his preferred system. Expect plenty of subs, as per usual, but you'll probably see ETH barking on the bench at times. He will want to win.

Von Mistelroum

Is Nunez playing for them? Great way for them to get him a few goals and fill him with confidence for the season ☹

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Don't want to seem like a miserable sod, but that team is pretty damn awful. We need so many signings. So much for the rebuild we've been doing for the past 3 and half years.
I'm the opposite, I'd rather see a team we know have performed poorly as if in this short space of time we can see some positives from their play style then I would be so hopeful what he can do with some of our better players.

wolvored

We will probably lose this. As long as were not humbled with a big defeat and can at least score. Cant even predict a score as its going into the unknown. Have the players grasped the training techniques already? Who will play? Formation? its all up in the air.

red_de_pologne

We will probably lose this. As long as were not humbled with a big defeat and can at least score. Cant even predict a score as its going into the unknown. Have the players grasped the training techniques already? Who will play? Formation? its all up in the air.
It's pretty much nailed to be the line up and formation posted already

----------------DDG
-----------VDB----Fred
Sancho---Bruno--Rashford
--------------Martial

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I feel exactly the same. I know it should only be a friendly, but I'm really up for this today.

ETH will give the squad a chance to make a good impression within his preferred system. Expect plenty of subs, as per usual, but you'll probably see ETH barking on the bench at times. He will want to win.
Hopefully we'll see some nice football.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
There is so much negativity on this board it's quite depressing. I will wait and see what effect a new manager has before I start pouring shite on the team. I know we haven't had new signings but the players are for the most part international footballers. That means they are no mugs. They need directon and, above all, confidence. Let's cut them some slack and stop shitting on them at every minute of the day. We need to get behind them; the negativity here seeps into the club if any of the players read this. Naturally, I'm setting myself up for a big fall if they do not perform but I'm willing to wait and hope.

Real Name

Dont expect too much from a result, just that we see some improvement or idea how we'll play, even the slightest. In any case its for ETH to see how's good at what and how much. Inevitably many posters will draw conclusions for the whole season from this game.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Dont expect too much from a result, just that we see some improvement or idea how we'll play, even the slightest. In any case its for ETH to see how's good at what and how much. Inevitably many posters will draw conclusions for the whole season from this game.
Exactly. I expect Chong will score a worldie and be hailed the new Messiah

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is this going to be streamed anywhere for mobile devices?

Revaulx

It's pretty much nailed to be the line up and formation posted already

----------------DDG
-----------VDB----Fred
Sancho---Bruno--Rashford
--------------Martial
Interesting. Maybe he’s playing Bailly because he sees him as the closest we have to Martinez right now in terms of his style of play?

So many of those players were poor last season (longer in some cases); it’ll be fascinating to see which ones have already jumped onto the ETH train and are showing signs of coming back to life.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
How can we watch this? Not typically around for friendlies so a bit unfamiliar, sorry if it's already been asked, I assume it's just MUTV but wondered if there was another way..

buchansleftleg

Something extra special about Bangkok Century Cup Day Morning....the special "cup final" edition of Swap Shop...then over to an early start for Cup Final Grandstand where we see film of the teams having a laugh and a joke in their hotels. The team games of golf where they try and avoid venomous snakes in the Rough and then its time for the celebrity fan interviews where Little and Large joke with the Chuckle Brothers about the big game.

For me though the highlight is always the Goodyear blimp taking pictures of the team coaches from above as they make their way through downtown Bangkok for around 3 hours. Then by the "miracle of television" we go live to Tony Gubba onboard one of the coaches for a particularly stilted interview with Scott McTominay while he plays cards on the coach table. Tony's stereotypical line of questioning about "wee dram" and "celebrating in the streets of Kirkaldy tonight" maybe is a little racist these days but he doesn't have a nasty bone in his body.

Then the teams arrive at the stadium and walk around in their suits before the traditional petting of the subdued Tiger and the emotionally charged singing of "Abide with me...Gangnam Style!"

Whatever the result today, lets hope that Football and it's ever growing expansion into Asian Capital Markets are the true winners!