Sun, 24 February 2019 @ 2:05pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 84 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
    Liverpool in playing a tough rival decimated by injury shocker.

Siorac

Well let's see what the coaching team come up with. Hopefully it won't be as defeatist as many on here.
    Let's hope they can come up with something, yeah.

My pessimism is mostly about helplessness: I can't do anything except wait and fear.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    ESPN saying Matic had a training injury and might be out for over a month... Time for Fred to step up with Herrera going to defensive mid? If he at least got sub appearances I would have hope for that. No idea tbh. Could see Jones in midfield like Fergie used to do!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I think we can trust mctominay more right now. Fred won’t be used to the pace of the match and we don’t want to destroy his confidence.

Herrera CDM with mctominay supporting.

Could always push pogba deeper with Lingard ahead.

Devil may care

I was sure Martial had more chance of starting than Jesse as he went off before he actually pulled up, as for the Matic news, I imagine Ander drops in to the #6 role and surely Fred comes in, we need some pace in there to compete with their grafters.

Siorac

Nerves. Excitement. Palpitations. A welcome return since the Special Twit departed.
    That is very true. The last time I was as nervous and twitchy as before the PSG game or now was probably the Real Madrid second leg in 2013.

Zoo

Liverpool have been getting good fortune all season.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
    McTominay played in the 2-0 fixture against this lot last year. Great to see him being trusted again. That alone will give him a great deal of confidence. Work harder than Liverpool’s creativity-free midfielders and you’ll beat them. Simple.

Marcelinho87

OK so I just found out soccerstreams is dead :(

Anybody happy to PM me a link which is viewable on mobile? I relied on soccerstreams at work.

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
    Rangers FC & the red devils
    Excited for the game.

Liverpool are dangerous. I had a feeling about Ashley Barnes against Burnley and he played well.

You've always got to consider the opposition, who have got players like Shaqiri who could score with a shot from outside the box.

We've got potential injuries to big players but hopefully we win and this highlights we maybe need a CM as well as a RW.

We've always got a chance to win with players like Pogba and Rashford and the way Ole has the team playing well

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    McTominay played in the 2-0 fixture against this lot last year. Great to see him being trusted again. That alone will give him a great deal of confidence. Work harder than Liverpool’s creativity-free midfielders and you’ll beat them. Simple.
    That's the thing - their midfielders are all just workhorses, nothing special.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    I was sure Martial had more chance of starting than Jesse as he went off before he actually pulled up, as for the Matic news, I imagine Ander drops in to the #6 role and surely Fred comes in, we need some pace in there to compete with their grafters.
    Someone in the Martial thread said he was feeling his groin before the warm-up against PSG. Probably aggravated it a bit during the 45 minutes and with him having a previous groin injury just a couple of months ago it is best to be safe.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    If Matic was injured it must have happened fairly late in the day yesterday; weren't there photos of him with Vidic smiling? Just awful, awful timing.
    It seems the collision of 2 Nemanjas has ended up in only 1 way. Vidic coming out on top. dangerous move Matic.

Roosney

They had 36 shots, 11 on target, 64% possession... if that's not a battering then nothing is.
    That's stats talking, most of their shots were fluffs from 30 yards out. We were playing Jose shite but still they needed deflections to score. That's not battering.

MAME DIOUF 32

Much as I'd love this to be Fred's moment where he stands up in a crisis and turns it around, it's not going to happen. Play McTominay or go with a back 3.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    McTominay starting is definitely not ideal... hopefully the kid can step up. Essentially a championship level player asked to start in midfield in the biggest English rivalry.

Prodigy24

Can't remember the last time I was this excited and nervous for a game. Absolutely shitting it but still very hopeful! Come on United!

Kag

I’m expecting McTominay to fill in for Matic today. To his credit, I think he’s the least likely to shite himself out of our other options.

haram

Selling Fellaini mid season looks an even more stupid decision now.

Devil may care

Someone in the Martial thread said he was feeling his groin before the warm-up against PSG. Probably aggravated it a bit during the 45 minutes and with him having a previous groin injury just a couple of months ago it is best to be safe.
    I was just hoping we'd took him off in time, and that the rest inbetween would have been enough. Hopefully we play Sanchez and not Lukaku, the latter will be meat and drink to van Dijk.

Starting line-ups

Uniquim

De Gea - Young, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw - McTominay, Herrera, Pogba - Mata, Rashford, Lukaku

Alisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw