Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
    I’d say go for it.

if we lose 5-0, it’s nothing new. And perhaps true to our actual form.

But it has to be a game that we can learn a lot from. Play “everyone”, especially the kids.

downunder red

Can we just play a game without Bruno. I think he is our biggest problem out of the lot. Especially the way he moans and moans at the ref all game. Falls to the ground every body contact. Put Eriksen there instead.

MUFC OK

I’d say go for it.

if we lose 5-0, it’s nothing new. And perhaps true to our actual form.

But it has to be a game that we can learn a lot from. Play “everyone”, especially the kids.
    Go for it and get destroyed. We’ve had results against city and pool in recent years but have been annihilated when going toe to toe. Has to be a solid defensive performance in which we take our few chances. Scousers can be hurt by pace on the break.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Not expecting a cricket score but we'll definitely lose. Maybe by 1 or 2 clear goals.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd actually go with a 5311. Still sticking to the same principles with the hope that three at the back gives us a bit more solidity and passing options in the build-up phase.

Ronaldo
    Sancho
    Malacia Bruno Fred McTominay Dalot
    Martinez Varane Maguire
    De Gea

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
    Go for it and get destroyed. We’ve had results against city and pool in recent years but have been annihilated when going toe to toe. Has to be a solid defensive performance in which we take our few chances. Scousers can be hurt by pace on the break.
    Win the game defensively and by playing counter football? It’ll be nothing new and we’ll continue to rot.

saik

We’re gonna win this 2-1. Based on nothing but a weird feeling I’ve got.

No chance we’ll see this lineup but I think after the last two games we should think outside the box.

————————De Gea
    ———Bailly - Varane - Martinez
    AWB———————————————Malacia
    ————Donny—Fred—Eriksen
    ————————Garnacho
    ————————Ronaldo
    I'll take whatever you are having mate. I need that kind of positivity in my life.

OleGunnar20

I'd play Amad over Sancho. He's not ready yet but at least tries to take people on which makes him better option.

Sancho quickly becoming one of our biggest ever flops. 74m and he's not even as good as Brighton's wingers.
    He is headed to flop Town no doubt about it. Agree to disagree on the Amad suggestion however.

BorisManUtd

4-1 loss would be fine result after 5-0 and 4-0 in last 2 games. We're dead club.

Lights Out

——————- Heaton
    AWB - Maguire - Varane - Malacia
    ——————-Martinez
    ———-Eriksen McTominay
    —Sancho - Ronaldo - Garnacho

Drop the bums and cowards

MUFC OK

Win the game defensively and by playing counter football? It’ll be nothing new and we’ll continue to rot.
    Rather do that and win however small the chance. We absolutely cannot outplay them on current form or with our personnel.

Marcus

Pack the midfield. 451.

De Gea
    AWB Maguire Varane Malacia
    McTominay Martinez
    Eriksen Donny Bruno
    Ronaldo

dutchred

De Gea ( no choice)
    Mac Tominay Varane Martinez Malacia
    Iqbal Garner
    VD Beek Eriksen
    Sancho Martial ( if not fit the Garnacho)

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
    de Gea
    AWB Varane Martinez Malacia
    Garner Fred
    Eriksen
    Sancho Martial Garnacho
    __________________________​

I don’t think any team we put out is going to win this game, but I’d like it to at least have potential to entertain.

Dalot cannot defend and he doesn’t bring enough at the other end to warrant playing at the moment. At least we know AWB has the speed and defensive side we’ll need.

Bruno is a total liability and cannot create anything in the #10 role, Eriksen would bring more balance and creativity sitting higher up.

Fred and Garner have the legs to get around the Liverpool midfield, but I imagine it would still end up being overrun at times but I can’t think of another 2 CM’s I’d want to try

Ronaldo unbalances the side too much, not through lack of effort though, but he is just not suited ETH’s style. He can be an impact sub (if we’re even still in the game).

Rashford doesn’t bring anything and has been stinking up the place for a couple years, he has to be dropped.

0-3.

Josh 76

Degea
    AWB. Maguire. Varane. Malacia
    Martinez. Garner
    Erikson
    Elanga. Martial (if fit). Sancho

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    Probably in the "play 5 at the back and hope we don't get bummed too much" camp, except that we tried that at Anfield and got beat 4-0 anyway in Phil Jones's testimonial.

Speako

I'd actually go with a 5311. Still sticking to the same principles with the hope that three at the back gives us a bit more solidity and passing options in the build-up phase.

Ronaldo
    Sancho
    Malacia Bruno Fred McTominay Dalot
    Martinez Varane Maguire
    De Gea

Although I agree with the formation principal, unfortunately a right hand side of Fred McT Dalot and Maguire is going to get absolutely massacred.

Of course I understand we’ve very little else to offer as options go! But it’s time for something different for me. Garnacho, Garner, Eriksen all have to start.

Someone

Something
    We need to play deep. No crazy highlines or playing from the back. We aren't ready for it and if we do it we'll get spanked.

Play Martinez in midfield, and drop Bruno, Dalot and Shaw.

Here's how I imagine we should line up:

De Gea
    AWB Varane Maguire Malacia
    Martinez Fred
    Eriksen
    Sancho Martial Rashford​

CarbonStoolBites

Show this group of players some of the old matches of great United sides against Liverpool sides with the likes of Spearing, Danny Murphy and Charlie Adam and how these players left it all on the pitch when they were the clearly inferior team.
    Then remind these players what kind of money they’re earning to serve this dross on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.

Show these losers the match against Chelsea in 2005 too, it was the first match after losing 1-4 to Boro and the whole Keane thing, show them how Fletcher and Smith played, show them Alan Smith making 3 sliding tackles in the space of 2 seconds and kicking JT in the bollocks.
    We weren’t beating Chelsea that day playing football and we’re not beating Liverpool next week playing football either, but if we turn it into a dogfight then we have a chance to get something out of this game.

Hard to pick a lineup, ETH will have to examine during the week who has that in them to face Liverpool and give them a game and who doesn’t.
    This match won’t be about who has the most technique or the tidiest touch, its a dogfight.

ETH will have to try something new.
    Identify who were the worst performers in the first two matches and drop them, to me these were Dalot, Shaw, Fred, Bruno and Sancho.
    I’m not sure if its the appropriate match to hand Heaton his PL debut for his boyhood club but if the manager thinks he’ll be able to step up then drop De Gea too.

Either a 3 at the back, or a 433 with Martinez, Garner and Eriksen in midfield.
    Fred lasted 45 minutes in both matches, he played like a deer in the headlights, can’t fault him for not trying but its not good enough.

Malacia has too start, Bruno absolutely must be dropped.
    Dalot has to be dropped, either start Bailly at RB (yes I remember the PSG match, I also remember numerous matches of Dalot), he was atrocious yesterday, or try McTominay at RB.

Nunez will be up for it against McGuire and Varane, perhaps even Bailly next to Varane at CB.

Mind says let Rashford start we know what he’s capable of against TAA, but is Rashford the same player anymore? Not really.
    Heart says start Garnacho, you know he’ll leave everything on the pitch which I’m not sure Rashford would. That kid has shown against Rayo he isn’t afraid to get physical when needs to, can’t say the same about Rashford nowadays.

Malacia and Garnacho vs Salah and TAA, that’s what we have and with that we’ll go to war.

Last edited:

sammyhol

As negative as a feel about this fixture…. At least it is a chance to try something different.

we clearly have to go defensive, so let try 3 at the back.

de Gea

Varane, Maguire, Martinez

Dalot, Fred, Erikson, Malacia

Bruno

Sancho, Martial

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

7.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player