Kick-off
Sat, 12 December 2020 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Water Melon

Negative cry babies the lot of you. Wouldn't want to go to battle with any of you.

'but we won't win wah wah wah wah'

You don't know the meaning of being a supporter.
    I actually believe that you are either a troll, Ole himself or his relative. Anyways, agree to disagree as they saying goes and move on.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    I actually believe that you are either a troll, Ole himself or his relative. Anyways, agree to disagree as they saying goes and move on.
    The only big team we haven't beat at least once under Ole has been Liverpool. We got a draw.

We've beaten City 3 times in total. Or is it 4? I can't remember.

So of course City can beat us this weekend as they are still a better team than us overall but we are still well capable of beating them again. They aren't the team they were.

Water Melon

The only big team we haven't beat at least once under Ole has been Liverpool. We got a draw.

We've beaten City 3 times in total. Or is it 4? I can't remember.

So of course City can beat us this weekend as they are still a better team than us overall but we are still well capable of beating them again. They aren't the team they were.
    So what? Do we look at one off games, do we get a trophy for that? Are we the ultimate underdogs, the game raising cnuts under Ole? He bottled it spectacularly, and proved that he is absolutely sh!te when it comes to managing a big club. He is a nobody even in a second rate European competition and the Bottler in Cl. He is getting us nowhere and the longer his signings are being managed by him, the worse they become.

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    And you're one of the ones I see constantly crying and moaning. Your negativity is grating.

Go and do something else with your time. Nobody is forcing you to watch the lads. They are doing their best. We have a team that's probably doing as well as they should be. We are competing for 3rd and 4th and that's probably as good as we are. It's just you lot can't accept the truth. Still pretending it 99 or 2008. Well it isn't.
    Well your mate here thinks we're at least as good as City, so we can't be far off considering they finished 2nd last year and will probably be up there at the end of the season.

Or are you going to preform some mental gymnastics where you claim Ole has made us a good as anybody but, no, we aren't capable of challenging? From last nights tweets it seems the club think we are in the title race, so let's see.

Of course we should confident!

We've got a great record against City since Ole has been in charge. They're not a better team than us at this moment.

Water Melon

Negative cry babies the lot of you. Wouldn't want to go to battle with any of you.

'but we won't win wah wah wah wah'

You don't know the meaning of being a supporter.
    I know a thing or two about Army, and I would definitely not go to battle with you either. The last thing you want in a war is delusion and complete absence of objectivity.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    So what? Do we look at one off games, do we get a trophy for that? Are we the ultimate underdogs, the game raising cnuts under Ole? He bottled it spectacularly, and proved that he is absolutely sh!te when it comes to managing a big club. He is a nobody even in a second rate European competition and the Bottler in Cl. He is getting us nowhere and the longer his signings are being managed by him, the worse they become.
    Glass half empty kind of person then?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    I know a thing or two about Army, and I would definitely not go to battle with you either. The last thing you want in a war is delusion and complete absence of objectivity.
    What's delusional about what I have said? I'm not predicting us to win the league or even come second.

You're just angry your negative BS is being called out.

Jesus wept. Grow a pair and get behind your team man.

Water Melon

Glass half empty kind of person then?
    Nope a realist, who is seeing that despite all the time given and huge investments made, value for money is pretty poor. We need to find the best of the best. As we have no vision of the future, we need to do it by trying the best options available. Can we call Ole one of the best after seeing his work in the last 2 years? He is not. Do we want to give him another 100M+ ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondi77

Where is the talk about a big reaction after We were flogged by RB.
    I suppose that line is getting a bit tiresome now.
    Hope I am wrong but I ca only see a Citeh victory after the shambolic showing the other night.

cyberman

Think well do well here. Our attack is playing well and thats what causes City ptoblems.
    AWB plays well, we win.

Smores

Honestly feck knows. None of us know if the players will bother to turn up or not or even who will play and what our formation will be.

kirk buttercup

Probably win this one. As I said our season is very Jekyll and Hyde, actually some of our games are like that too. What I would like to see is us playing an attacking team and go for it . I think we could cause them problems if we go on the attack .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Wasn't in?

2014/15 Europa league Round 32 exit to Florentina

2015/16 Europa league Round 16 exit to Dortmund

2016/17 Europa league Round 32 exit to Gent
    Yep, misread the season Spurs went to the final for the Champions League. I don't retract from the overall point though.

Nope a realist, who is seeing that despite all the time given and huge investments made, value for money is pretty poor. We need to find the best of the best. As we have no vision of the future, we need to do it by trying the best options available. Can we call Ole one of the best after seeing his work in the last 2 years? He is not. Do we want to give him another 100M+ ?
    The 'best of the best' like Louis Van Gaal or Jose Mourinho?

Short memory.

Mike Smalling

This could go any which way. The only thing that would really surprise me, would be us keeping a clean sheet.

Last edited:

El Zoido

I can’t see us winning this, City are due one over us. Tuesday night has basically killed my enthusiasm for the entire season.

Web of Bissaka

This is the kind of game where people think we're going to lose and all the pressures are high on the players.

Only then the players stepped up and performed to win.

:angel:No trolling, but I say we won't lose. Draw at most after conceding let's say... 2 or 3 goals.

Then people will credit it all on Ole for being the right manager, showing again his tactical masterclass.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
    Supports
    Man City
    2-0 to United. You'll do us on the break after 15 and then 78 minutes.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    I reckon we'll win 2-1, two goals on the counter. Another corner turned.

MUrphFC

Assuming Martial and Cavani are not fit, I think the team will be:

--------------DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    ---Fred McTom Pogba
    -----------Bruno
    Greenwood Rashford

Falcow

Struggling to recover from the dejection of the other night. Getting knocked out of the CL before Christmas feels like a huge blow....probably cos it is.

The match the other night rilled me up like no other, I've never screamed at the tv so much....AVB was caught narrow 4 times in the first 20 minutes, 2 of which led to goals. That was despite him supposed to be playing as a wingback. Still cant work out if that was instructions from manager or stupidity on his part? I still cant fathom it, those first two goals would have been prevented if we played 5 at the back.....which we were supposed to be doing.

Watching united without the work horse that is Fred in midfield is very frustrating. Mctominay tries to press but he is not as good at it as Fred.

iHicksy

Assuming Martial and Cavani are not fit, I think the team will be:

--------------DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    ---Fred McTom Pogba
    -----------Bruno
    Greenwood Rashford
    If you think Pogba is starting any games for us again you're in for a surprise. He's gone in Jan.

Longlivekeano

——————Henderson——————

-Williams—Lindelof-Maguire-Shaw-

————-—————Fred———————-

———-McTominay——-Bruno————-

—-Martial——Greenwood—-Rashford-

SuperiorXI

Those defensive issues need to be sorted asap. Can they be sorted in time for the derby? Doubt it.

All teams need to do is expose our full backs and win lots of corners, it's our achilles heel.

Time and time again this season we've seen someone pick up the ball on the left/right side of our box in acres of space. And time and time again this season we have seen this odd zonal marking system where the defenders literally mark air.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
    The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
    Supports
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Don't get all the talk about City thrashing us. They've been poorer at scoring, this season. They've sorted out their defensive issues for the most part.

Boring 1-1 draw is my bet.

downunder red

Both defenses are shaky. I'm going for a 3/2 win. No matter what, I look forward to are games, they are so entertaining; good and bad.

SER19

I don't think we'll win, but if we do, 11 games in and right at the top having beaten City, we'd be as competitive as we've been in years. With Liverpool and spurs playing eachother midweek we could be right in touch with a third of the season played and without CL to focus on in new year.

In one sense it could be a season defining game, in another it feels like another opportunity for humiliating defeat or false dawn.

Offsideagain

If this squad of players can’t get up for playing the bitters, then I’m done with them. All I want is for any United team to put in a performance and if we get beaten by a better team then so be it, it’s sport so it happens. What happened in Istanbul and against Arsenal and to some extent RBL was a disgrace to the badge and all those who have played before. Still can’t see any proper leaders that will make a crunching tackle or inspire an extra ten percent effort. If we lose and don’t even try the they are done with me. If we lose and try, I’ll take that. If by some miracle I was playing, I would treat it as the very last game I would ever play and give it some. City crumble under pressure, like a bully if his victim fights back. And get rid of scaredy-cat DeGea and put Hendo between the sticks.

SuperiorXI

I don't think we'll win, but if we do, 11 games in and right at the top having beaten City, we'd be as competitive as we've been in years. With Liverpool and spurs playing eachother midweek we could be right in touch with a third of the season played and without CL to focus on in new year.

In one sense it could be a season defining game, in another it feels like another opportunity for humiliating defeat or false dawn.
    We'll have EL though which is much worse than the CL. I wouldn't mind if we just used the reserves for the EL honestly.

AngliaRed

.......................Henderson....................
    AWB.....Lindelof.....Maguire.....Telles
    .............VDB.....Fred.....Pogba.........
    .....................Fernandes.............
    ......Greenwood.............Rashford

tomaldinho1

It's written in the stars we will win this, turn up and play out of our skins. Then we'll lose to Sheffield United next game.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    I mean, bar their 5-0 v Burnley they've been phenomenally ordinary this season.

That said, I fully expect them to kick on in this and join those at the top of the table.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 271 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw