Thu, 26 December 2019 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Leaving Martial and Rashford in the fantasy team, last chance saloon for the lads, so let's smash them....

1-0

MrBest

Team needs a refresh abd a new formation. Our midfield is horrible and too defensive, we cannot keep the ball and do not have anyone to shield the defence.

4 1 2 3 or 4 1 2 1 2
    De Gea
    AWB Tuanzabe Maguire Williams
    Mctominay
    Fred Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford

James should not start, Greenwood is ready. Pretty sick of Shaw, i do not rate him, Williams has great potential. I don't like maguire and Lindelof together, i think they are too similar. Time for Tuanzabe.

Ole will probably go with his usual lot, and play two midfielders further back. I just cannot understand why on earth he does not revert back to the midfield formation he used in his first 14 games.

RedMilo

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all enjoying your day. Looking forward to getting back to winning ways following that dismal display against Watford. Expect to see Mata & Pogba in for Lingard & James. Think he will stick with DDG. I would like to see Dalot back in team but think he will stick with AWB. Anyway Im going for 2-1 win..

OldPop

I hope Daniel James gets to rest in this match, he works hard but seems to have lost some of his sharpness. Wish Greenwood gets the chance to start against Newcastle and it is time for Willams to start a match as well.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    I hope Daniel James gets to rest in this match, he works hard but seems to have lost some of his sharpness. Wish Greenwood gets the chance to start against Newcastle and it is time for Willams to start a match as well.
    I think Williams will start tomorrow, Greenwood on from the bench. But it's definitely time for Williams.

serxyo

I’d try with James as Lw, drop Martial and Lingard, put Greenwood at Rw and Pogba as cam. Rashford loses too much balls pushing from the wing, I want him play as striker this game.

peridigm

I think we're going back to a 433 with a front line of Rashford Martial and James/Greenwood as RW. We can easily reshape to a 4231 with the same players. I hope Williams starts over Shaw and I hope Romero starts over DDG.

OohAahMartial

Would like to see this team:
    Romero
    Laird Lindelof Tuanzebe Williams
    Fred Pogba
    Mata Martial Rashford
    Greenwood

Full on attack. Once a couple of goals up, switch Mata out for Lingard, Greenwood for James, McTominay for Pogba, and go on the counter as usual.

podurban2

Would like to see this team:
    Romero
    Laird Lindelof Tuanzebe Williams
    Fred Pogba
    Mata Martial Rashford
    Greenwood

Full on attack. Once a couple of goals up, switch Mata out for Lingard, Greenwood for James, McTominay for Pogba, and go on the counter as usual.
    This could actually be quite refreshing. I love McT but he has not been his best recently. Could be due a break.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    After the last cameo the pressure on Paul Pogba to win the game for us alone tomorrow.

M16Red

I'm looking forward to this game. Come on lads it's flipping Newcastle..

Paul_Scholes18

After the last cameo the pressure on Paul Pogba to win the game for us alone tomorrow.
    I hope our forwards can start moving more with him around and also link up well with him.

I am not expecting much, but Newcastle are crap in attack so as long as De Gea avoids making any howlers we should be able to win with 1-0 at least. Although given how poor De Gea has been in the air I fear for us if they get corners.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
    Managed to convince the wife to let me sack of the usual Boxing Day family stuff and go to this game. Already prepared to be absolutely pissed off as usual this season.

Okey

It's another game where we'll have majority of the ball so I'm rightly worried. That we've won only 1 (one!) of the last 17 such games is a frightening statistic. Hopefully Pogba's comeback changes the dynamic. We sure can't carry on this Jekyll and Hyde form.

Fitchett

It's another game where we'll have majority of the ball so I'm rightly worried. That we've won only 1 (one!) of the last 17 such games is a frightening statistic. Hopefully Pogba's comeback changes the dynamic. We sure can't carry on this Jekyll and Hyde form.
    That is such a damning statistic! Imagine lining up against us, happy to let us have the ball, knowing that we do f*ck all with it. That really is the ultimate indictment of how impotent our attack is (as Eric Cantona has described it).

Strelok

Thing is it was a mistake in the last match. Not playing will not teach anybody to not make mistakes. Letting a player rest a match because of poor performance or for not giving everything could do well, but that’s another thing.
    Agreed with your point.

However the issue here is his concentration imo. His concentration seems to have been dropped recently, otherwise I can't think of any explanation why he could make such basic mistakes. If a GK or a defender lose his concentration, it's very dangerous.

I know we all love him but if I was Ole I'd bench him this match. No one can complain as it's a professional thing to do and I only act in the best interest for the club. Players must be picked on current form not on status nor past form. Especially if there's able replacement. If you read my posts I've defended Rashford when there were calls to drop him but it was mostly because we had no other choice at that moment.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    Don't know how some of you are excited. I am actually jealous of you people.
    Win today, draw tomorrow, lose the day after. That's how we are.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Goldbridge is losing it :D :lol: :p

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
    Ole needs to rethink his strategy against lower half teams.

Admittedly both Mata and Lingard have not been good enough to warrant a place in the team. Mata has no energy in his legs and lacks sharpness. However, with a few other options, I still believe he would do better than Lingard against teams sitting back. Lingard is a better fit when the team needs to play a counter-attacking game. It's so obvious I'm not sure why the coaching team fails to recognise the issue.

Pogba coming back hopefully means 2 creative players with Mata as the number 10 and McT shielding the defence. Dan James needs to sit out a few games as does Shaw. The team has been picking itself over the season and its become too easy for the opposition coaches to counter our tactics.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
    Maguire holding onto the ball too long when in possession also helps teams reorganise and get back in shape.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    DDG

Wan Bissaka
    Lindelöf
    Maguire
    Williams

McTominay
    Fred

Greenwood
    Pogba
    Rashford

Martial

Please.

Jonno

Attitude of a 12 year old, actually my four year old would have more loyalty.
    I remember this guy posting it moments after our Watford defeat, I can only hope it was in the heat of the moment as it was one of the most pathetic posts I’ve ever seen on the Caf

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    DDG

Wan Bissaka
    Lindelöf
    Maguire
    Williams

McTominay
    Fred

Greenwood
    Pogba
    Rashford

Martial

Please.
    I’d be very happy with this. Think James needs to be benched and so does Lingard.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
    I'm doing one of the 3 course meals, drink all you can, meet an ex player, etc. dos at OT today. Cant wait. I'll be so pissed I might even enjoy the day if we lose... But probably not.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
    I think we'll get a positive reaction tonight were the team play some good football. They have it in them and this game feels like one of those.

3 or 4-1 to United.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
    I'm doing one of the 3 course meals, drink all you can, meet an ex player, etc. dos at OT today. Cant wait. I'll be so pissed I might even enjoy the day if we lose... But probably not.
    That sounds like a great day ahead, Sied. I would love that but without the booze. Enjoy!

Red00012

I’d give James a rest and play Greenwood.
    Drop Lingard for Pogba
    Williams in for Shaw

Alabaster Codify7

Im leaving home at 6am tomorrow to go away for 2wks, so my day is gonna be full of anticipation, Malbec and packing bags so hopefully I'm able to catch the game too, but I'm not 100% certain I will. 1-1, anyway.

Ollie Derbyshire

De Gea
    Bissaka. Tuanzebe. Maguire. Shaw
    Fred
    McT. Pogba
    James Martial Rashford

Tempted like others to put Romero in but I think De Gea has earned some time to get his form back. If mistakes continue to happen then we need to look at replacing him, don’t want us to hold,d onto underperforming players anymore.

Lindelof hasn’t been too bad but we need more pace back there and I have been impressed with Tuanzebe when I’ve seen him play. Think he has everything to become a top class defender if given the chance.

Fred and McT were awful aginst Watford, truely terrible but again they both deserve the chance to rectify that and we need to see them play with Pogba to see if that will work for the rest of the season.

Could rest James, he probably needs it, for Greenwood, but I like Greenwood as first sub if needed. It’s the perfect development plan for him in my opinion.

I haven’t seen enough from Gomes yet, is he going to break through at any point? Barca a rumoured to want him so he must have something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 316 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw