Manchester United vs. Norwich City

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Why on earth would we play that team? Seriously some people on here :houllier:
I'm not saying it is our strongest team. I said surprises, some out of sorts players need some game time and this is Norwich after all. If a team like that is fielded we'd of course need Rooney, Hernandez and Nani on the bench in case we get in trouble.

Varun

Staff
I'm not saying it is our strongest team. I said surprises, some out of sorts players need some game time and this is Norwich after all. If a team like that is fielded we'd of course need Rooney, Hernandez and Nani on the bench in case we get in trouble.
Both owen and berba played full games at stoke last week. well, almost full games. they dont really need more than 1 match a week to sort out their form.

we need to make sure we pick the 3 points imo. put in the strongest 11 and finish them off in 60mins. we cannot allow the momentum we have to slip. 2 draws on the trot is enough.

Moriarty

Both owen and berba played full games at stoke last week. well, almost full games. they dont really need more than 1 match a week to sort out their form.

we need to make sure we pick the 3 points imo. put in the strongest 11 and finish them off in 60mins. we cannot allow the momentum we have to slip. 2 draws on the trot is enough.
I haven't seen much of Norwich apart from a few highlights on the box. Are they a defensive side away from home?

Varun

Staff
I haven't seen much of Norwich apart from a few highlights on the box. Are they a defensive side away from home?
i wont claim to have seen much of them either. but they did play decent football en route winning at bolton if i remember correctly. the game at the bridge was a better indicator tbh, they deserved something out of it imo. wasted far too many chances when they could easily have drawn the game.

if you just wanna know whether they'l park the bus, i dont think they will. they will have a go. but we really have far too much quality for norwich. should be a good win.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing

1 game a week should do it but runs of games in a season are also good to build their confidence and keep them match sharp. I would have thought that a game against Norwich would be a good time to continue their runs in the team. Rooney and Hernandez both have minor injuries so a rest would do them good. Worst comes to worst we are drawing after 60 minutes or so and they can come on as impact players.

Havak

Pokemon master
I don't see why this side wouldn't start:

de Gea
Jones Ferdinand Evans Evra
Nani Fletcher Anderson Young
Rooney
Hernandez​

The only other players I can see starting are Carrick and Giggs, really. Depending on how the game goes I can see the likes of Welbeck, Berbatov, Park and/or Valencia getting on the pitch at some stage. I'll be surprised if it's massively different. Hoping for another big win, kind of expecting at least a three goal difference in favour of United, but I thought that against Basel too..

lysglimt

Scout
Some interesting stat for those expecting a big win today.

United have in 22 games under Ferguson - never been involved in a game with more than 4 goals against Norwich. In fact 20 out of 22 games in the Ferguson-era have ended with 3 goals or less - when we have played Norwich.

Varun

Staff
1 game a week should do it but runs of games in a season are also good to build their confidence and keep them match sharp. I would have thought that a game against Norwich would be a good time to continue their runs in the team. Rooney and Hernandez both have minor injuries so a rest would do them good. Worst comes to worst we are drawing after 60 minutes or so and they can come on as impact players.
Both rooney and hernandez have been declared fit for the game. no point not playing them imo. We should not make the mistake of taking norwich lightly. they did really well at SB and chelsea were pretty lucky to get the 3 points imo. we should put our best team out, score goals and can put the likes of berba owen on by the 60th min if we're winning.

lysglimt

Scout
SAF said Rooney and Chich will play, I expect Rooney will start and Chich will come off the bench.
Welbeck has delivered every time he has started this season - he deserves to start today

Man-United

I think we should be carefull with Hernandez, he's played so much over the last year and during the summer that a few games rest would do him fine even if he's been in good form this season. We need him 100 fit for the season so a place on the bench today with Welbeck-Rooney starting would be the best I think.

Varun

Staff
Welbeck has delivered every time he has started this season - he deserves to start today
Hernandez hasnt really played too many games though. His form last season was very good. he shouldnt really lose his spot just because he was injured.

Hernandez and rooney to start for me.

Kelvin

I hope we don't have too much problem winning today game, shouldn't be.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Couldn't agree more, I put him in my line up. I'm probably overlooking his faults a bit, but I've been amazed by his transformation between now and when we saw him last in United colors.

ByronSteve

This going to be on TV?
Its live in Greece, love Nova Sports, get 4 matches from 3pm ko's, the early 12.45pm ko and the late 5.30pm ko, all live and you can guarantee United being one of those matches. They show all Sunday games too. Better and cheaper than Sky but yes, I do miss being at OT for the matches.

Jaap

German sky NOT showing United today - first time this season and the first time for absolute ages. Looks like I'll be streaming today...

mungy

I am a terrible poster, please ignore me
My missus is poorly so I can't make it to the match today. Any assistance in non radio viewing would be appreciated.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Links as per usual via my homepage and as usual if it 404's follow the united badge.

nemanja15

OFFICIAL MUFC TEAM via Adam Marshall of manutd.com

Lindegaard

Valencia
Jones
Evans
Evra

Nani
Fletcher
Anderson
Park

Rooney
Hernandez

SUBS: de Gea, Ferdinand, Carrick, Giggs, Owen, Welbeck, Berbatov.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Would be surprising if true.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Harsh on Welbeck, deserved to play after Basel.

Carl

Where the feck is perma-crock Rio??

Also, I don't like the Fletcher-Anderson midfield.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No Rio? Has De Gea been dropped? Glad Hernandez is starting but it's a bit harsh on Welbeck.

Minkaro

ManUnitedTalk ManUnitedTalk
#MUFC TEAM: Lindegaard, Valencia, Jones, Evans, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young, Rooney, Hernandez

Carl

Harsh on Welbeck, deserved to play after Basel.
No surprise re Welbeck. Fergie said he was tired during Basel and wanted to take him off but he had to play the full game. They'll be careful with him following his hamstring injury. Plus, Chico needs games.