Manchester United vs Olympique Lyonnais (Wed 19th July, 14:00 UK time)

Crimson King

I think just having Hugill there as a placeholder would have been more useful than whatever it is we were doing in that first half, as it would allow ETH to see how the rest of the team performs when we have someone who is actually a striker in that position, even if we can and should get someone in who is better before the season starts. At the moment, this is just a completely pointless thought experiment ie what would a team look like if they didn’t have anyone up front at all
Fitness and using players who are actually going to play this season, let alone for the Manchester United first team, is far more important to EtH and his coaching team.

Playing Hugill up front, who will probably be completely different to any striker we do bring in, is also just a thought experiment. Probably an equally pointless one.

Oranges038

I know we're missing 1 or 2 players but those alone won't make up for the lack of quality. It's a long season ahead and we could end up like last year's Chelsea if we aren't careful.
It's looking very bleak.

Sack ETH, sell the Glazer's and burn the club.

James35

Antony and Sancho. Huge amounts of money spent for a huge amount of frustration and bad decision making. They’re both still young of course but I’m not convinced with either yet.

I do really like the look of Mainoo, Mejbri and especially Amad. Considering we’re in a process of progress I’d rather they take spots on the bench instead of the serial mediocrity of McTominay, Fred, Van de Beek etc.

Kovar also looks good enough to be a number two surely, obviously not many saves to make but his composure on the ball is very impressive or be it slightly risky. Don’t really understand these Suzuki links.

Gutted to see Fred, I thought I read he was missing the last pre season game due to keep him fit and health ready for an imminent transfer?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It would be fitting if there were no goals today after the mods binned off Giflord.

PSV

He's back. PotY this season after living in the shadows for a while. Calling it now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not having our number one and two creators, our number one goals scorer, and any recognizable striker is a pretty good recipe for looking ineffective breaking down a team. Wouldn't really read much into this other than the fact that the striker position obviously is a gaping hole at the moment.

ETH wants a striker who is rapid. Can imagine we squeeze the play and Onana pops a long ball over the top of the opposition's two center backs.. rashford and hojlund chasing the ball down.

Manncunian

I know we're missing 1 or 2 players but those alone won't make up for the lack of quality. It's a long season ahead and we could end up like last year's Chelsea if we aren't careful.
How do you function on a daily basis with such unfounded pessimism :lol:?

evil_geko

So basically, we only score with youth so far in this preseason, change whole first team with kids for the upcoming season? :wenger: