Manchester United vs Olympique Lyonnais (Wed 19th July, 14:00 UK time)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's an interesting decision from the ref.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Haven't been paying too much attention, but that Alila fellow on Lyon seems like a promising footballer. Showed some decent dribbling skills and accurate passing.

AltiUn

Will Fish looks massive now, was towering over that Lyon player.

AltiUn

Not sure how we've ended up with a free kick out of that

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Our left footed wingers can't score.

Maunoo will be class and will have game time this season. Alvaro needs another loan. Kovar > de Gea. Mount quiet. Hannibal chaos in all aspects, good and bad. Amad pretty much the same level as Antony and Sancho. Martinez, Varane, Wan bissaka same as usual.
Good first twenty minutes, Hannibal, Kovar and Mainoo looking good. They all faded after that. Antony and Amad really should have scored.
I won't get ahead of myself but Dan Gore is twice the player Lampard was.
We need to sell them all and play the kids
I don't think there was anything particularly interesting about 1st half tbh. First 10-15 mins looked promising with good pressing. Rest of half was pretty dull and nothing really happened
Many thanks.

DevilRed

That was difficult to sit through.

Looked like a shop window type of match.

Hopefully fulham aren't watching Fred :lol:

bstb3

To be fair to Fred, usually at Murrayfield the balls do go over the bar intentionally. He just forgot which sport he was playing.

Crimson King

No agendas. Just calling what I see. Like I said its pre season and Antony and Sancho are playing out of position so not much to really take away from this performance.
Perhaps not from you lad, but I can already see some snarky remarks about the both of them in the match day thread, and it's only a friendly!

Would be nice if we could get behind our players for once rather than tear them down with every bad touch or misplaced pass.

always_hoping

Be great if this can be a break through season at United for Donny. If he can't do it under Ten Hag then he's unlikely to do it elsewhere.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Perhaps not from you lad, but I can already see some snarky remarks about the both of them in the match day thread, and it's only a friendly!

Would be nice if we could get behind our players for once rather than tear them down with every bad touch or misplaced pass.
The caf doesn't know any better.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Kovar - Nothing to do, some good quick throws and smart passing.

Jurado - Some decent effort but quality lacking.

Fish - Not really challenged. Steady.

Evans - As above, but did well in a 1v1 against a tricky quick player, snuffed out a cut back chance as well.

Williams - Was steady.

Fred - Started well, ridiculous free kick, tried to do too much too quickly.

Gore - Good little player there, will be a good loan for a League 1 side that likes to play.

VdB - Fantastic volley, when he was able to get on the ball he looked good.

Forson - Emeran must have an injury or has done something silly because I don't know how Omari has had these minutes ahead of him.

Hugill - Did everything you could expect, occupied the defenders and pressed well. If Hojlund or another striker isn't wrapped up then he should go on tour to be that option.

Hansen-Aaroen - Good effort and a neat trick to create a chance, clearly not a winger however.

Overall - Decent enough against a very senior Lyon side for 60 odd minutes.

Last edited:

Oranges038

It was a game of football.

A decent pre season run out, more minutes in legs and another win. Can't really ask for much more than that.