Manchester United Vs PSG - International Champions Cup (OP Updated)

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I hate the 4-1-4-1.

No control of the ball and the "attackers" are too far from the danger zone. This is too flat in the midfield, with the wingers staying on their lines to stretch the defense. Neither Mata, too slow, or Young, guys it's Young, can be the creative force in this system. And note that Depay is not the kind of player who can link well the midfield and the attack. He's got penetration, speed and strength, but I'm still curious about his team play, his movement (usually very straight)

This is very Moyes in terms of creation. Two ball winning midfielders in Carrick and Schneiderlin, two wingers and two strikers in counter attack mode, but we’d like to play higher with an hybrid of counter attack and possession.

As my demonstration, the tactic is not clear.

We found a good way to fit our better players in this 4-1-4-1 last year, even Fellaini was top like this. Why still changing just to accommodate Depay ? Is he such a genius to build the team for him ? LVG amazes me with his tactics, really blur, I don’t really understand all these changes.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I hope to see a full XI change at some point again, that was a beautiful sight.

Adcuth

If Di Maria plays then he's staying with us, if he doesn't he's off

Rednotdead

Nothing whatsoever wrong with the OP. What else does anyone need to know other than what will be our lineup and how will we approach the game?

Godfather

Still have no clue at what time this is going to be played in central europe. This OP is shambles.

Glanville95

I'd like to see this team given a shot if we're persisting with the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1:

de Gea
Darmian - Smalling - Jones - Shaw
Schneiderlin - Schweinsteiger
Mata - Pereira - Memphis
Rooney
In Smalling's case, I don't think van Gaal sees him as second choice. He's our third choice captain and has become a natural leader, so that's why he selects him in the youth team predominantly made up of youth players. Perhaps LVG rated Jones higher, but I can't believe for the sake of having a left-footed centre back he would opt for Blind over Smalling in a competitive game.

In Herrera's case, I think LVG regards him as a squad player who is more likely to flit in and out of the team opposed to being a mainstay in the team. There isn't much basis to my opinion on that, it's just a guess, but that's where I think both players stand.

We should mix up the midfield combinations and see what works best. The Sch's haven't played together yet, so that could be a recipe for success. Pereira has been a revelation on tour so I'd like to see him displace Young, who is reliable but has his limitations. I remain unconvinced on Memphis in the #10 role. That team could all potentially start against Spurs, although in Pereira's case it's less likely.

worldinmotion66

Reckon we'll start with the same line up again, and it won't be the same team that starts against Spurs. LVG holding his cards tight to his chest to keep the other managers guessing.

Trizy

So, if we win this game we win the competition? I can't see anymore fixtures past 4.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
So, if we win this game we win the competition? I can't see anymore fixtures past 4.
Yeah it's a mini league sort of competition. I think after Chelsea beat PSG on pens we might only need to draw and we win it. But DT is right this is definitely the last game.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I'd like to see this team given a shot if we're persisting with the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1:

de Gea
Darmian - Smalling - Jones - Shaw
Schneiderlin - Schweinsteiger
Mata - Pereira - Memphis
Rooney
That's 4-2-3-1?!

Also I don't think there's any chance Herrera will be a 'squad player'. He's excellent, and Van Gaal would be extremely daft to leave out one of our hardest workers.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I hate the 4-1-4-1.

No control of the ball and the "attackers" are too far from the danger zone. This is too flat in the midfield, with the wingers staying on their lines to stretch the defense. Neither Mata, too slow, or Young, guys it's Young, can be the creative force in this system. And note that Depay is not the kind of player who can link well the midfield and the attack. He's got penetration, speed and strength, but I'm still curious about his team play, his movement (usually very straight)

This is very Moyes in terms of creation. Two ball winning midfielders in Carrick and Schneiderlin, two wingers and two strikers in counter attack mode, but we’d like to play higher with an hybrid of counter attack and possession.

As my demonstration, the tactic is not clear.

We found a good way to fit our better players in this 4-1-4-1 last year, even Fellaini was top like this. Why still changing just to accommodate Depay ? Is he such a genius to build the team for him ? LVG amazes me with his tactics, really blur, I don’t really understand all these changes.
It's a process

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
In case any of you are in the area, the MUFC USA Supporters Club is having an event with Dwight Yorke at 7 at Fado Irish Pub and then they're walking over to the Four Seasons at 9 to welcome the squad to Chicago.

2Bullish

hoping to see this

--------------------------de gea-------------------------
darmian----------smalling-----jones--------------shaw
----------------schneiderlin---carrick-----------------
--------januzaj-----------mata-------------memphis
-------------------------rooney------------------------

after 62 minutes and 25 seconds

--------------------------romero-------------------------
valencia---------evans----------mcnair-------blackett
---------------------------blind---------------------------
lingard--------pereira---------fellaini--------young
--------------------------wilson-------------------------

This, give or take

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
hoping to see this

--------januzaj-----------mata-------------memphis
-------------------------rooney------------------------

after 62 minutes and 25 seconds

valencia---------evans----------mcnair-------blackett
---------------------------blind---------------------------
lingard--------pereira---------fellaini--------young
--------------------------wilson-------------------------

This, give or take
So Bastian and Herrera bombed out? If we were well in front OK with that 2nd half if we're level. We might get flattened. This is a power physically powerful team that Barcelona.

Momochiru

This for me:

memphis-----------------mata-------------------young
--------------------------rooney------------------------

after 60 minutes

valencia---------mcnair----------evans-------blackett
-----------------blind--------schweinsteiger------------
lingard----------------herrera------------------pereira
-------------------------januzaj-------------------------

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just had a look at the OP, thinking it can't be that bad to be title-mentioned worthy.

Bloody hell. Kill it with fire.

Baxter

The OP :lol: I have no idea when this is.

Is it in a few hours, or is it Wendensday night into Thursday morning?

ChaddyP

The OP :lol: I have no idea when this is.

Is it in a few hours, or is it Wendensday night into Thursday morning?
If you actually read the op instead of laughing at the fact that it has no pretty images you would know when it is

Patchbeard

I like how he edited the OP, yet still came up with that.

So this is 2am?

Varun

Staff
Blind vs Ibra will be funny if PSG try and exploit that but I doubt they will seeing as it's a friendly.