Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Thu 27th July, 01:30 UK time)

SirAnderson

Not getting involved in that position is dreadful. We’re playing our best creator out wide to accommodate him in the middle. I can’t remember him passing to a teammate.
Suppose we have a different definition of the word dreadful. I think it was important for EtH to try this and see if it would work, which it clearly hasn't so far.
Has it caused us great suffering or was extremely bad, not really, we 1-0 down from what looked like an offside goal and us having a handful of chances that could have seen us equalized, one of them coming from Mount himself, but he scuffed it.

So dreadful? A bit too harsh for me.
He should have definitely done much better though, that much is clear.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a weird AWB game in that some think he's been class and others think he's been a big problem. I'm more on the team "he's been a problem" today. His passing stats are high but the weight and direction have been all off IMO, always either behind or giving the receiver a hard job to deal with it, his movement has been meh, and defensively obviously struggling a bit which isn't a surprise against Vini. Also yeah probably offside goal but we played an offside trap and he was sleeping on it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Is your tv turned off?
I mean he's not wrong. The bar with AWB is so low that when he does the basic decently people think he's having a superb game but in reality his lack of doing anything more than the bare minimum aka making simple passes holds us back. He constantly put the RW under pressure due to his lack of respectable ball playing skills. He can't pass anywhere else but backward or force feeding balls to Bruno who might be surrounded.

You put pressure on AWB, what he'll do is either lose the ball or dump it to his RW who is closed down. He can't target anyone else because he can't pass from angles he's not comfortable with to find someone in midfield or anyone else but his covered RW.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We’ve done alright, Problem is our attack. Rashford can’t handle the physicality of their center backs and Garnacho is lacking in end product.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Glad to see the first team seem to be staying on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It is still offside, AWB or not, clear offside.
Eh? It might barely be onside but Bellingham is no way clearly offside in that image. Especially given you can't actually see the part of AWB that would be playing him on.

prateik

Same question right back at you, because his whole torso was offside. Maybe you think new offside rule is active, don't know.
Wait. They've changed the offside rule again.. what the feck is it now?
It wouldve been offside last season. No clue what they have done now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
We've had the 2 best chances, not counting the offside goal. It's been high intensity, many players have only just finished 90 minutes now. We've had to make a change because of an injury.

Oh shit, sorry. Almost posted sensibly. Sell Goggs, sack Frogie. Rashford should focus more on football than his brand. Shaw is fat. Bruno is shit.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He was at fault for the goal since he kept Jude onside.

Has been extremely wasteful on the ball and a lot of their most dangerous attacks have come through players running past him with him unaware of it.

If he's been one of our best players, our other players should retire on the spot.

I have no idea how some think he's even been decent, forget one of our best players.
39/44 and a couple of them were attempted through balls. Hardly wasteful.

Chief123

Same question right back at you, because his whole torso was offside. Maybe you think new offside rule is active, don't know.
The commentator literally just said they’ve been told it was onside. I can see that just by looking at the pic.

criticalanalysis

It's a weird AWB game in that some think he's been class and others think he's been a big problem. I'm more on the team "he's been a problem" today. His passing stats are high but the weight and direction have been all off IMO, always either behind or giving the receiver a hard job to deal with it, his movement has been meh, and defensively obviously struggling a bit which isn't a surprise against Vini. Also yeah probably offside goal but we played an offside trap and he was sleeping on it.
I think it's mostly good and some 'poor'. Been involved a lot and done well both defensively and on the ball with some loose passes and awkward touches. However, it doesn't help that he's got Bruno down his side, who is doing a 'decent' job for his standards on the wing but it's not really conducive for good interplay. It's asking a lot of AWB to defend, be heavily involved in the build up and offering some width.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If Vinicius is really considered "worlds best winger", standard for wingers is at the bottom.
Agreed. Never understood the hype around him. Peope went even as far as say he should be one of the favorite for Ballon d'or. The guy just doesn't look special to me. Watched it for both Madrid and Brazil and every time I see him, I'm left baffled by the hype. Looks like most wingers I've seen who have got pace, some trickery but poor end product for the most part. That's how I see him.

RedStarUnited

Perfectly said. I dont know how people who are watching this dont see it.

RedOrange

The extremes we use as fans are just unnecessary honestly.

Dreadful, extremely bad, horrible...you'd think we watching a crime show.
Especially considering it's only 1-0 against one of the best teams in the world, the goal was when we were down to 10 men and the match is a friendly...

Dazzmondo

Agreed. Never understood the hype around him. Peope went even as far as say he should be one of the favorite for Ballon d'or. The guy just doesn't look special to me. Watched it for both Madrid and Brazil and every time I see him, I'm left baffled by the hype. Looks like most wingers I've seen who have got pace, some trickery but poor end product for the most part. That's how I see him.
I mean if you don't count Mbappe what left winger is better than him? Kvaratskelia is the only one I can think of but he's only had 1 top season and I'd personally still have Vini ahead of him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No, I dont rate anything the guy does apart from 1-1 defending. Hate how he is on the ball, and find his passing to be really bad.
My thoughts exactly. Standards are so low for AWB that when he does the very basics right aka making simple passes, people confuse that with him having a brilliant game.

The guy is simple poor on the ball and put his RW under pressure due to his lack of ball playing skills. You watch him be so uncomfortable on the ball and be unable to pass out of any type of tightish angle. His whole body has to be turned, facing the guy he's passing, otherwise he might just misplace the ball. It holds us back.