Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Thu 27th July, 01:30 UK time)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Didnt saw the injury, is it serious?
Needed assistance walking off, not wanting to put pressure on the knee / ankle. Was walking around the sideline unassisted a bit later, but the right call was to take him out.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Rashford isn’t a striker. Would rather see Sancho there than him.

Eddy_JukeZ

I agree that Rashford is better out wide than centrally, but he can work centrally IMO. Albeit, the set-up we chose tonight isn't going to help him at all.

That entire right-hand side was deplorable. Bruno is just a giant waste on the right and AWB is playing like he's drunk.

Wish we had an actual winger out wide right, but pre-season vibes. Hopefully we play a bit better 2nd half.

Still think we've shown progress in playing out from the back thus far.

lostcauz

One thing I don't like about pressing system is that if there are only a few players doing it, it rarely works. But most of our players are still in their off season form with beer belly and all that.
Always a dangerous way to play when you have a press resistant master in Modric on the opposition. Saying that, don’t think they have done anything amazing to get out of our press, it’s just been so bad and slow that it’s been easy for them.

SAFMUTD

evil_geko

If Vinicius is really considered "worlds best winger", standard for wingers is at the bottom.

MUFC OK

That ad for the new shirt was pretty cool. I'm somehow liking it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Also, Bellingham seems like such a wanker. Shithousing and waving imaginary yellows around in a friendly.

Glad Licha cropped him.

Rinnegan240

Commentary sounds exactly like the ramblings of Joe after he has had one too many Pilsners.

If the schmuck is not worshiping Bellingham, he’s threading racial lines referring to Cama and Aurelien as Modric‘s servants

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would probably look better with +Antony -Eriksen, and moving Bruno to midfield. I bet ETH wanted to see how things worked with Mainoo and Casemiro in a midfield pivot and Mainoo getting injured ruined that plan.
Also want Rashford left and Sancho false 9

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Seriously? It's preseason. Have a word.
Nope, it's been that way for a while. He's got no legs to play in midfield. He's always second to every balls even when he has a head start over an opponent. Any good team will have a field day against Eriksen in midfield. The man has no presence there.

Walters_19_MuFc

We've done ok. Our build play in the first phase has been good. When Madrid have pressed, we've beaten it quite easily. Onana has looked so comfortable on the ball, and as I said, we've played from the back well. Unfortunately, when we get to the last third, we've lacked ideas, and have failed to really threaten in behind, other than one or two occasions. Hopefully we can be better in that regard in the second half.

Eddy_JukeZ

I swear some of you watch a match with your eyes closed. AWB has been one of our best players so far.
He was at fault for the goal since he kept Jude onside.

Has been extremely wasteful on the ball and a lot of their most dangerous attacks have come through players running past him with him unaware of it.

If he's been one of our best players, our other players should retire on the spot.

I have no idea how some think he's even been decent, forget one of our best players.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Actually might have been onside via AWB just out of frame.

prateik

The worry is we've been far too open ourselves, Vini/Rodrygo have had many opportunities on the break and if they were in their stride during the season we would be 3-4 behind by now.
And if we were in our stride, our midfield/defence might have coped better. We wont play these games with Eriksen in midfield. If we are struggling in an important game, we'll drop Bruno in midfield and match their formation with 2 forward and 4 midfielders.

Pre season is the time to try stuff .. We have complained for years about going against the top sides and just sitting back and hitting on the counter.. It's nice to see us try and play.. We have created chances too. its clearly not good enough yet.. Give it more time... get some better players in and in a season or two, we might be better.

In Rainbows

Eriksen isn’t a box to box midfielder. Losing Mainoo’s mobility completely destroyed our game plan and it’s why we’re trying to buy Amrabat
I was just thinking that right now. With Amrabat in place of Eriksen, our midfield would look a bit better.

James35

Onana position was pretty rough on that goal also. Bellingham given easy option to score.

Apart from that he has passed it well and made a decent save, the CBS and him will need more time to get used to each other of course.

Chief123

That Garnacho chance, he has to be scoring that. Vinicius scores that. That’s the difference between the top players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It’s already clear the difference Onana has made to our playing out the back so that’s positive, but I’m still not convinced that our midfield and attack is really good enough.
The question is always "good enough for what".

Our attack obviously isn't yet. We haven't signed anyone, and it was very subpar last year. Our midfield is very good but it's pre season, and also not as good as Madrid's, who have the best group in the world. So again... Is good enough only when it's good enough to be 50/50 in every single position with the very best in the world? Just unrealistic imo.

PSV

It's crazy that even though he's playing RW Bruno is the one that saved us from going 0-2 down. Needs to play 8 or 10.

Chief123

He was at fault for the goal since he kept Jude onside.

Has been extremely wasteful on the ball and a lot of their most dangerous attacks have come through players running past him with him unaware of it.

If he's been one of our best players, our other players should retire on the spot.

I have no idea how some think he's even been decent, forget one of our best players.
Probably best to to turn the Tv off and get some sleep mate.

Eddy_JukeZ

That Garnacho chance, he has to be scoring that. Vinicius scores that. That’s the difference between the top players.
Vinicius was pretty wasteful a few seasons ago. Garnacho's finishing is actually better than Vini's at a similar stage in their careers.