Kick-off
Thu, 25 February 2021 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Just out of curiosity, when did an EL stat padder last win a Ballon d’Or?
    It’s difficult to win Ballon d’Or for anyone if he is not named “Messi” or “Ronaldo”, so it’s about time to have a new winner. Lewandowski is of course a favourite, but Bruno must be in the top 3

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    It’s difficult to win Ballon d’Or for anyone if he is not named “Messi” or “Ronaldo”, so it’s about time to have a new winner. Lewandowski is of course a favourite, but Bruno must be in the top 3
    If it isn't Bruno then Amad is a hot favourite:wenger:

Lee565

___________henderson
    Williams_tuanzebe_lindelof_telles
    ___________vdb--matic
    _____________mata
    _____james_martial_greenwood

Not a fan of james on the right but he did terrorize sociedad's left back in the last game, only included lindelof in the team over bailly because ideally bailly will be the one starting along side Maguire for the weekend match.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff
    Seems like Matic and Fred are our only fit midfielders so would be good to rest them if possible. Is there anyone in the youth team that could be given a game? Galbraith maybe?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff
    Seems like Matic and Fred are our only fit midfielders so would be good to rest them if possible. Is there anyone in the youth team that could be given a game? Galbraith maybe?
    Just seen he's been added to the squad which is a good sign!

Offsideagain

I hope Ole doesn’t put out a complete second team as he may come unstuck. Play the main men for one half and maybe increase the lead and then bring on the subs.

MetoTTT

Are Carrick, Fletcher and OGS eligible for this game? :lol: Just don't care much about this competition.

Adcuth

A-man

I hope Ole doesn’t put out a complete second team as he may come unstuck. Play the main men for one half and maybe increase the lead and then bring on the subs.
    I seriously worry about this. Don’t want another Istanbul. Think your approach would be the best especially since we can sub 5 players.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    Same back five as the one in first leg. This team is still 5th in la liga, can’t underestimate them, we can sub off Bissaka in 2nd half. Start Diallo, Mata, Martial. Rest Bruno & Rashford.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    This guy is a known WUM and faker. He pretends to be an ITK during the transfer window.

I doubt he has any actual inside info so I wouldn't take this as gospel, Galbraith hasn't been promoted to the first team squad either so he wouldn't be in our team bubble.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    Sounds legit. Ole would definitely tell people that his only two currently available midfielders have failed to impress him lately.

James35

He surely has to go with,

Henderson, Telles, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Williams, Matic, Fred, James, Mata, Diallo, Martial.

No need to play Fernandes, Rashford, Maguire etc at all unless we shit the bed.

A real 6 pointer at Chelsea on weekend, we need to rest our best players 100%. Hope Ole will be brave enough to not start Bruno and Maguire tomorrow.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    Maguire will play, Bruno might be rested.

lenny_1248

I doubt he has any actual inside info so I wouldn't take this as gospel, Galbraith hasn't been promoted to the first team squad either so he wouldn't be in our team bubble.
    Ole said that "Ethan Galbraith will be with us".
    I guess he will be at least on the bench.

SAFMUTD

No way Bruno is included on that list, not even as a top 10.

The candidates, besides Cristiano and Messi who are automatic, are taken out of the teams that get to the last stages of the UCL.

croadyman

Maguire will play, Bruno might be rested.
    Yeah think Ole will feel there is no one else capable of captaining the team as Scott is still out injured, well apart from Mata but still wouldn't expect him to start

VivaRonaldo85

Henderson

Williams
    Tuanzebe
    Bailly
    Telles

McTominay
    VDB

Greenwood
    Mata
    Diallo

Martial

Enough not to lose 1-5.

croadyman

Henderson

Williams
    Tuanzebe
    Bailly
    Telles

McTominay
    VDB

Greenwood
    Mata
    Diallo

Martial

Enough not to lose 1-5.
    Pretty sure that VDB is still out injured and not worth risking Scott with a much bigger game on the weekend

Thiagoal

I’m actually amazed that some people feel we need to play a strong team! I doubt Sociedad will either as the game is dead! Our U23’s should be able to defend a four goal lead FFS

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    With VDB and Scott out I wonder if we'll see Axel in midfield? Makes no sense to play Matic if we might need him in Sunday.

Henderson

Williams.... Bailly..... Maguire.... Telles

Axel.... Fred

Greenwood.... Mata.... James

Martial​

Amad to come on at 60.. 2/3 others at 85.

Maguire will definitely play.... Not sure he will even be capable of sitting on a bench for 90 minutes.

always_hoping

I’m actually amazed that some people feel we need to play a strong team! I doubt Sociedad will either as the game is dead! Our U23’s should be able to defend a four goal lead FFS
    Defending isn't one of the strong points for the U23s this season either.

Solskjaer said Amad and Shoretire will be in the squad again tomorrow but 'I'm not going to tell you if they're starting or not'. He said on Sunday they are not starting.

croadyman

Presume that tweet about Galbraith being in the squad tomorrow is not from the most reliable source or am I mistaken

Adamsk7

They are a much better team than the first leg showed so I would be wary to start a completely second string 11, even with a 4-0 lead. Looking at the players we have injured, it’ll be hard to do that anyway. Went with -

Henderson

Williams
    Lindelof
    Bailly
    Telles

Fred
    Matic
    Mata

Greenwood
    Martial
    James

Means we can rest Rashford, Bruno and Maguire, the three that need it most, yet we have enough firepower and defensive stability to see us through.If we get to half time 0-0 or a goal up, then I’d make the changes for Axel on for whatever defender is playing on Sunday, Diallo on for Greenwood/Martial and one of the young midfielders on for Fred/Matic

SER19

Might be the last real chance to start diallo this season I think its worth it.

Henderson

Williams
    Maguire
    Tuanzebe
    Telles

Matic
    Vdb
    Mata

Diallo
    Martial
    James

Scriblerus

With 5 subs available, we'll surely play a (nearly) 1st XI from the the available players and sub on once the tie is secure. Starting with a mainly second string would risk going in at half time a couple of goals down and having to go through our frequently rehearsed hanging-on-in-increasing-disorder routine, bringing on seniors and putting them under pressure.

Withnail

Please rest Bruno, Rashford, Shaw, AWB, Maguire & Fred that's all I ask...

No chance. Who's partnering Matic in midfield?

Its highly unlikely anyway given Ole's comments last week. We'll go another goal or two up and he'll take some of the above off:

“Of course we’ve got Newcastle first but we’ll put a strong team out because it’s about creating momentum.

“We’ve been through a difficult spell and I found tonight, or I thought we found ourselves a little bit tonight.

“I thought the boys had got that little bit of zip in their legs again so it was important to be able to take some players off.

“We still rotated the team. We’ll rotate, definitely, but, no, we’re not going to take the game lightly

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 149 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Real Sociedad win
  • Draw