Manchester United vs Saudi Atletico Arabia | Carabao Cup Final Build-up Thread (Sun 26 Feb) | Pope suspended, Dubravka cup-tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

they are flying right now wiht a ton of confidence and they don't give up many goals....this is going to be a very difficult match especially given how much extra rest they'll have in comparison

CallyRed

They will shithouse from the first minute and play for pens.

Sylar

Keane asking ETH for two complimentary tickets :lol:

SAFMUTD

Not going to be easy, they have a really solid defense, statistically the best in the league.

I still fancy us to beat them, ten Hag has installed a winning mentality it's time to prove it.

always_hoping

A reminder Man United play Barcelona in the 2nd leg on the Thursday before this final while Newcastle will have a week to rest and prepare.

kaku06

We can’t lose to these cnuts. We just can’t. Please united, not them. I hate those dickheads with a passion.

kaku06

A reminder Man United play Barcelona in the 2nd leg on the Thursday before this final while Newcastle will have a week to rest and prepare.
That’s my worry too. I hope the adrenaline of the final pushes us.

kaku06

Not going to be easy, they have a really solid defense, statistically the best in the league.

I still fancy us to beat them, ten Hag has installed a winning mentality it's time to prove it.
Yep. It won’t be easy by any means but it’s time to lay down a marker by ten hag.

hp88

We did this with Fergie for years and it was the norm so the players just got used to it, buzzing for us supporters as well as the stadium will be bouncing for all of these games.

siw2007

Newcastle are very dangerous opponents, they are a team with a lot of momentum behind them and they may think that their name is on the trophy. But we’ve got to go in and play to our best ability, Newcastle are strong but as good as they’ve played this year, I don’t think they are better than us and we’ve got to believe we can win this if we play to our best.

My only other fear is the road to Wembley is a hard slog for the team, ending in a big game against Barcelona. I somewhat question what shape the team will be in going into the match so ETH needs to manage squad well to give us the best shot possible in the final.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They also play Saturday against the dippers while we play Sunday. If this was another league, they'd move our game up.

justboy68

Really want to smash these plastic bastards in the final. Couldn't bear the thought of losing to them.

Oranges038

Hopefully will smash the cnuts.

Eddiego Howe is going to have them scum it from the off like they do all their games now. Lying down, rolling round time wasting. If it were a non British manager having them at that, the knives would be out.

Rustyspider13

There are so many factors against us going into the final-Eriksen's injury, the grueling schedule, Newcastle's extra rest, the media's desire to prop Newcastle as a re-emerging force-but this is still a must win, no excuses. Newcastle will waste time from minute 1 and counter with speed, but the players need to keep their heads and play like the better team that they are.

Wayne's World

fecking can't stand these Saudi bastards, I can't imagine what it would be like If they won

Cheering for a murderous regime stokes up the fire for me, I hope we fecking smash them

TheRedHearted

Saudi flag is wrong in OP.

This will be a terrible watch unless we manage to score 2 early. The biggest cheats in PL and get a free pass because they have a young English manager. Rotten team and owners of a club I once had a soft spot for
I’m not certain we will win, not sure why. Doesn’t mean we don’t but I’m suspicious of them putting up a fight

el3mel

We won't get a better chance for a trophy than this one. Kick starting ETH era with a cup will give the team a much needed boost of confidence to finish top 4 which is the main target at the moment.

Please, United, don't feck this up.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Our six games prior to the final as apposed to their three could work to our advantage. Barcelona and Leeds are the only away games and are early in the run and gives us twice as many games to continue to build rhythm and "routine" as the boss put it. Bring them on.

Irrational.

You just know there will be Atletico Madrid level shithousery from Saudi in this game. If we concede first then it’ll be pretty much game over.

Hope we batter them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Up where? We play Barca on the Thursday.
For some reason, I thought there was a break between the EL games... short month February.

Would be good if the return leg was a Wednesday but that'd never happen

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Our fixtures vs theirs

Palace (H)
Leeds (H)
Leeds (A)
Barcelona (A)
Leicester (H)
Barcelona (H)

West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Liverpool (H)

So we have double the amount of games plus they'll have an entire week to prepare while we play Barcelona on the Thursday before the game

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I'll have just arrived in Florence; my 1st visit there.
Doubt I'll catch it live but will be hoping for some great highlights.

SuperiorXI

Our fixtures vs theirs

Palace (H)
Leeds (H)
Leeds (A)
Barcelona (A)
Leicester (H)
Barcelona (H)

West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Liverpool (H)

So we have double the amount of games plus they'll have an entire week to prepare while we play Barcelona on the Thursday before the game
This is what it means to compete on all four fronts. If we want to be successful again then the players better get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.