Manchester United vs Saudi Atletico Arabia | Carabao Cup Final Build-up Thread (Sun 26 Feb) | Pope suspended, Dubravka cup-tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu_1992

Would love to smash them, but a combination of them being solid defensively and us having a ton of games before then (including Barca the Thursday ahead of the game) means I'll take any sort of win here. Come on lads!

always_hoping

We did this with Fergie for years and it was the norm so the players just got used to it, buzzing for us supporters as well as the stadium will be bouncing for all of these games.
Bit of a more established team under Fergie with more strength in depth. Don't get me wrong the buzz will be great (first domestic final for 6 years) but at the moment with the sheer volume of games It's fingers crossed that no more injuries happen.

RedDevil@84

We need to score quickly and force them to play. And then score some more.

BlueHaze

Don't think I can take it if we lose to these filthy cnuts..

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I reckon these will be the most in-demand domestic cup final tickets ever?

Natener

High energy and tempo start from us. Grab a goal in first half, hit them on the break mid second half and again late in the game. 3-0.

Shimo

Hopefully by the time the final rolls around the refs / VAR will get over the Bruno goal given against City. Seems like since then they have been loathe to give even the most obvious of calls.

Newcastle will be a good final but, I'll be very disappointed if we don't win this now. Time for ETH to take the step Ole wasn't able to

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Looking forward to the nauseating fawning over ‘the geordies’ in the build up to this. I was listening to the build up to the Newcastle Southampton game on TalkSPORT on the way back from working down south and in the entire hour poor Southampton didn’t get a mention beyond their name.

InfiniteBoredom

We need to get the first goal, it’s hard to overstate how important that is. These shitcnut have no intention of playing football and will bank on the fact that De Gea cant save a pen even if his life depends on it. Force them to come out and we will smash them, fitness permitting.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
Newcastle have scored more goals than Man Utd in the league (33vs32), have higher xG (37.34vs33.06) and have more shots and dribbles per game. Newcastle have also been booked 36 times versus Man Utd's 50 bookings.

Which team is the boring defensive anti-football team? ;)

Should be a good and even game if our players can handle the pressure of a final. Can see our high press causing you some problems while you obviously have more quality all around. Also hope both teams can avoid injuries in the run up. It really should be a good game and amazing atmosphere, can't wait for it.

IRELANDUNITED

We’re only slight favourites outright with the bookmakers (4/6 v 11/10) I really think we should be shorter than that. What have we got to fear? Yes they are having a good season but how many of them get into our best 11 if we are being totally honest? Tripper over Dalot, maybe at a push. Guimaraes? Maybe now that Eriksen is injured. Alimron perhaps if he was in his pre World Cup form. None of those massively improve us though while we have 7or8 players that would massively improve them. We are better than them are we are going to show that on the 26th.

caid

Newcastle have scored more goals than Man Utd in the league (33vs32), have higher xG (37.34vs33.06) and have more shots and dribbles per game. Newcastle have also been booked 36 times versus Man Utd's 50 bookings.

Which team is the boring defensive anti-football team? ;)

Should be a good and even game if our players can handle the pressure of a final. Can see our high press causing you some problems while you obviously have more quality all around. Also hope both teams can avoid injuries in the run up. It really should be a good game and amazing atmosphere, can't wait for it.
You, obviously.
Scoring more goals than a team thats struggled for goals all season (by the tiniest of margins) doesn't stop your 10 minute long goal kicks from boring people to tears.

Fridge chutney

I used to like Newcastle but they represent everything wrong with the modern game, sold their soul, and have a shithouse manager that preaches cheating. Feck them and everything they stand for.

Coops73

The media already have the geordies winning this, anything less will be a disaster.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Please win. Can't have them winning a trophy this early.

w1thout

I don't get it how we already played one of our postponed games and the second one is due in no time, while these lot postponed game against West Ham can't be penciled in... They have a bunch of free midweeks in February, hell, they should have them playing WH twice in a row like they had us with Leeds.

glasgow 21

Eddie Howe watched Diego Simeone's Atletico Madrid train and has adapted their shithousery into the Newcastle team with effect.

We should counteract this by getting big united fan James Nesbit booked in the Lowry.
Daily sessions on the old play acting and feigning injury like you have been shot. Bloodlines and Line of duty stuff
Sorted.

GregM40

I don't get it how we already played one of our postponed games and the second one is due in no time, while these lot postponed game against West Ham can't be penciled in... They have a bunch of free midweeks in February, hell, they should have them playing WH twice in a row like they had us with Leeds.
Surely they can now play their game against Brighton in a midweek slot??

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Why've they been allowed to postpone their league game against Brighton?

fecking bullshit that.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Allowed? They can't play two fixture the same weekend, just like we can't play Brentford that weekend.
The game's gone soft. They should be made to play Brighton Saturday then us Sunday, like real men.

Obviously, I mean they should play it midweek, between their Liverpool game (18th) and the final (26th). We're having to play Barca on Thursday (23rd).

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The game's gone soft. They should be made to play Brighton Saturday then us Sunday, like real men.

Obviously, I mean they should play it midweek, between their Liverpool game (18th) and the final (26th). We're having to play Barca on Thursday (23rd).
It's a European midweek. UEFA have a Memorandum of Understanding where they don't allow for domestic top division games in European midweeks unless it's absolutely last resort with no other midweeks being available.

Arsenal-City on Feb 15 is one of those exceptions since they don't have enough non UEFA midweeks to fit that match in.

RuudTom83

The occasion of a final will give everyone an adrenaline boost! so I'm not worried about the players energy against Newcastle.

The score after the 1st leg against Barcelona will be more of a deciding factor on the final than playing an extra game imo.

Fridge chutney

It's a European midweek. UEFA have a Memorandum of Understanding where they don't allow for domestic top division games in European midweeks unless it's absolutely last resort with no other midweeks being available.

Arsenal-City on Feb 15 is one of those exceptions since they don't have enough non UEFA midweeks to fit that match in.
That's a terrible rule for a year where the world cup happened during the domestic season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

SuperiorXI

The occasion of a final will give everyone an adrenaline boost! so I'm not worried about the players energy against Newcastle.

The score after the 1st leg against Barcelona will be more of a deciding factor on the final than playing an extra game imo.
I hope not. They need to make sure their mentality is right. A pasting from Barca need not affect that, this is a different competition after all.

Nero

Finally a trophy after 6 years. They'll be no threat.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Very difficult to predict. We will play 8 games until the final, and they will play 3.

Hope we will not be too impacted by the EL, but we need to win this game at all cost

Status
Not open for further replies.