Manchester United vs Sevilla | CL R16 Build-up Thread (Return Leg 13 March)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone see Ballague's article on Skysports? Am I missing something or is he just a simpleton?

"Sevilla showed against Liverpool that they can come back from setbacks but I fear that if United score first it could be lethal as they don't have the mental strength to come back"

A tad contradictory
He mentions that the current sevilla cant come back. The one under emery were a very good cup team.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
He mentions that the current sevilla cant come back. The one under emery were a very good cup team.
The current team came back from 3-0 down V Liverpool this season :lol:

David_azul16

I've got a strong feeling that Pogba will be dropped for today's match. The few times that Mourinho has played Matic-Herrera-Pogba it has never worked out well. Plus Pogba is in bad form and Herrera has just come back from injury. So i have a strong feeling that the line-up will be something like that:
---------------------DDG------------------
Valencia--Smalling-----Bailly------Young
--------------CM*------Matic--------------
Mata------------Lingard----------Sanchez
-----------------Lukaku--------------------
The problem is that i cannot see which midfielder will play alongside Matic. If Carrick was in good form and full fitnnes i'd say him, but thats not the case. Scott is too inexperienced so probably it will be Herrera to give some stablity to the midfield, and let the front four do their things.

RedDevil@84

I just hope Mou doesn't try to shoestring 5 or 6 attacking players into the team

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's probably as best time to play them than ever with all their injuries. If we don't win today or at the very least play well then I don't really have much hope for the rest of the tournament.

ValenciaRocks

I’d be worried if we don’t get an away goal from this tie.

A score draw would be fine, its never easy going to Sevilla.

I predict 0-1 though, hope I’m correct!

IRELANDUNITED

Does Jesus Navas play right back for them? If he does/will i can see sanchez causing them a lot of problems down that side

JoaquinJoaquin

Because he hasn't even proven he is of the calibre to play for the club yet. His performances have always been sketchy in that there has been good moments, but he has also included big mistakes, which against a side of this calibre we cannot afford. Sevilla's strong point is in Midfield and we simply cannot afford to carry passengers. We need an experienced head like Herrera or even Carrick to be playing alongside Matic and Pogba.

JoaquinJoaquin

McTominay is not the type of player that'll cost us the game, he'll add energy and do the basics well.
Games like this though call out for experience. Herrera being back in Spain will urge him on and has to be the choice alongside Matic. I think asking Carrick to start again tonight would be too much to ask. Plus jury is still out on McTominay for me, Cannot be gambling in this tournament.

Savantona

Fellow reds in Seville, where is everybody meeting up before the match here? I want to join in on the singing before I take my seat in the home end (wish me luck, they can be a bit crazy when it comes to football)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because he hasn't even proven he is of the calibre to play for the club yet. His performances have always been sketchy in that there has been good moments, but he has also included big mistakes, which against a side of this calibre we cannot afford. Sevilla's strong point is in Midfield and we simply cannot afford to carry passengers. We need an experienced head like Herrera or even Carrick to be playing alongside Matic and Pogba.
He was very good for us against Huddersfield. I havent been able to say that about Pogba for a long time.

JoaquinJoaquin

He was very good for us against Huddersfield. I havent been able to say that about Pogba for a long time.
Big difference between Huddersfield and Sevilla though isn't there? Plus I didn't think McTominay was great at all. He grew into the game in the second half but was awful in the first half. Pogba is massively out of form but it isn't even a comparison. Tonight's games are what we bought Pogba for, he just needs to fecking deliver in a big game for us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Big difference between Huddersfield and Sevilla though isn't there? Plus I didn't think McTominay was great at all. He grew into the game in the second half but was awful in the first half. Pogba is massively out of form but it isn't even a comparison. Tonight's games are what we bought Pogba for, he just needs to fecking deliver in a big game for us.
He needs to deliver in normal games for a start.

For me cup games go on form and being outmuscled by jonjo shelvey after an embarrassingly poor display against Spurs shouldn't guaruntee a starting spot any more than a player who was more than encouraging in a previous cup game.

Infra-red

Tough game, this. They like to press intensely, which isn't something we deal particularly well with. They're also really good in transition, so will be a big threat on the break. They generate a great atmosphere for home games.

With the pace of Lukaku/Sanchez, hopefully we can exploit their high line. Pogba is our most press-resistant midfielder - we need him evading their press and slipping through-balls in for Lukaku running in behind.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm not confident given are inconsistency. I hope I'm wrong but I could see us losing 1-0 or 2-0 today.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Apparently Pogba dropped to bench and McTom will replace him....gonna be a lomg night!!!

Jordan_mufc

Can't believe it's been 4 years since we've seen United in a Champions League knockout game. Can't wait for this one.

I think we'll win 2-0. Lukaku and Sanchez on the score sheet. Perfect result.

Prodigy24

The whole situation is getting very annoying. I'm not sure what Jose's problem with Pogba is but benching him in games that we've waited to play for ages is wrong. If he's fit and availible then he should start every game no matter that tactic he's trying to set.

This will also lead to more stories for the media and pretty much confirm that there's something going on between those two. Whatever it is I hope they sort it out asap since we're not in a stage to feck around anymore.

David_azul16

I've got a strong feeling that Pogba will be dropped for today's match. The few times that Mourinho has played Matic-Herrera-Pogba it has never worked out well. Plus Pogba is in bad form and Herrera has just come back from injury. So i have a strong feeling that the line-up will be something like that:
The problem is that i cannot see which midfielder will play alongside Matic. If Carrick was in good form and full fitnnes i'd say him, but thats not the case. Scott is too inexperienced so probably it will be Herrera to give some stablity to the midfield, and let the front four do their things.
Apparently i got it right...
If the team sheet is not out, does that mean there is a mole?
Pogba???

prateik

Can we lock this thread and focus on the match thread till after FT?

minoo-utd

If Pogba dropped the saga between him and Jose might be true after all, and that can be a big trouble.

Walters_19_MuFc

The three were fantastic against Everton. Actually, it was arguably our best performance this season.

GM K

He absolutely is. He cost us the game at Bristol.
So did Smalling and Jones at Spurs.

So did Mata at Hudersfield

So did Lukaku at Old Trafford

So did Bailly at Stoke

So did Pogba, Matic and the whole lot of them at Newcastle

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Too much negativity in here. I think they'll score at least one but we'll score more than them.