Manchester United vs Shakhtar Donetsk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Well we through to the knockouts at least.Where we will get knocked out.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
DM looks very pleased with the support. :)

Revan

Assumptionman
Bayern won their group. So, fortunately no Bayern for us on the next stage.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Much much better second half. Lets hope we continue that into villa

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Missed the match unfortunately, due to a ton of deadlines due over the next while.
Saw the score, but how'd we play?

Ainu

What just happened? Shaktar desperately have to win but put in zero effort all half and take a short free kick with 30 seconds on the clock. I just don't get it. :confused:

MajorTom

Was does that even mean? You said it did not matter if we won, now you are taking credit!

As rational posters will note, we have played much better second half and deserve the win, first half was still pants.
Not taking credit for the win at all, how you can even imply that is ridiculous. I'm taking credit for who analysed the game better after yourself and such wow or whatever his name took a different approach to my view and chucked your toys out of the pram. Top of the GROUP and UNBEATEN, job well done. Now, bring on our favourite team - Aston Villa.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Simply put, they knew that Leverkusen were going to win so, why put in the effort to try and get a result when they could be a strong favourite for the Europa League. They are a strong team, no doubt about it, and I think they will stand a better chance there.

jeston

Missed the match unfortunately, due to a ton of deadlines due over the next while.
Shit for 60 mins. Then better. Shakhtar didn't give much after half time either though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
First half was awful, one can say worse than Newcastle, could have conceded 2-3 but funnily could have even scored 2-3. Second half Cleverley-RvP replaced Giggs-Young and we played better. Got goal on corner and then didn't do much.

Ainu

Simply put, they knew that Leverkusen were going to win so, why put in the effort to try and get a result when they could be a strong favourite for the Europa League. They are a strong team, no doubt about it, and I think they will stand a better chance there.
Okay yes they ran out of time to actually win so the short free kick is sort of understandable. That doesn't explain the rest of the half though. The really didn't show any fighting spirit at all, even before we scored. Looking at their first half, they must've fancied they had a chance no?

Devil may care

Much better tempo right throughout the team in the second half, need to take that into the game with Villa on Sunday. Donetsk seemed to have lost hope after their first half chances were squandered and we controlled the last 25 minutes or so.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our next 5 games are:
Villa (a)
Stoke (a) (cup)
West Ham (h)
Hull (a)
Norwich (a)

We've been better away generally this season and hopefully this result today can give us some confidence and take maximum points from these next 5 very winnable games.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
We really shouldn't be saying 'winnable games'. It was said before the West Brom game and before last week's games. It's a jinx.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We really shouldn't be saying 'winnable games'. It was said before the West Brom game and before last week's games. It's a jinx.
To be fair, Hull, West ham and Norwich are a lot more 'winnable' then Everton and Newcastle, most people only thought we'd win those because we wouldn't lose 2 at home on the trot or go 3 or 4 league games without a win. Both are hard games though. Villa away is a tough game too but hopefully they'll get some confidence back after the win today.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Was happy with the match overall. It was a case of job done for me and not in a bad way but just a normal win that we would have racked up at home years ago.

Was very happy to hear the crowd still fully behind Moyes, that and the win should give him a big boost going into this weekends match.

Status
Not open for further replies.