Kick-off
Thu, 27 October 2022 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Definitely. Like I said in my first post about it; it's pathetic. What's the point in the toxicity when we're winning, and the lads are playing well?
    Social media trashes Maguire to a degree far beyond what he deserves, and the sheep follow.

youngrell

I don’t think there’s anything in the Laws prohibiting 11 outfield players and no keeper of for whatever crazy reason a manager wanted to do that. You can’t have two keepers, of course, but you can have your keeper play in the outfield, which we see all the time late in games and become an eleventh outfield player.
    A game cannot start without a goalkeeper. Sure he can come out of the box if you wish, but you have to have one in the team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    I hate to break the news to you, but Garnacho is a worldie talent.
    Come on... We've seen loads of worldie talents over the years. It doesn't mean they make it, but just what they are. Garnacho is a very good talent, but he's not on par with Januzaj, Greenwood, Ravel, Martial, Rossi, etc. Rashford was a level below them as a talent too, but as an 18 year old he was also ahead of Garnacho now. He's a lot more raw, which is fine, just no need to go crazy because the reality is that our worldie talent of the current generation is going to prison and the next tier is Garnacho who just isn't that.

Chief123

Any 1 goal win will do it if we can get a 4th here and Sociedad don’t score another.
    It’s a shame we couldn’t get 1 more goal to make our job in Spain easier.

Looks like we’ll need a 2-0 win or better now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Yeah exactly. They'd go through if we win 2-1 in Spain. What is it that you're not grasping here?

We have to win by two goals as a 1 goal win would mean we go into the last 32 on GD.
    Nothing:nervous:. I was just posting there to confirm....nevermind

CloneMC16

Is it pathetic to try and cancel their views?
    Cancelled? :lol:

Some random guy on a forum posting that it's pathetic to boo our player is cancelling? They can do as they like. They paid for a ticket. I can call them a cnut for it.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Agreed. Else they risk being lost, like tears in the rain
    There was this one last season where someone compared Ronaldo to an elderly dog and Matic to a passed it stripper…was honestly a work of literary brilliance, genuinely heartbroken I can’t find it

Member 101269

Cancelled? :lol:

Some random guy on a forum posting that it's pathetic to boo our player is cancelling? They can do as they like. They paid for a ticket. I can call them a cnut for it.
    is, is the same as try?

well done

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
    What is the opinion of your missus regarding tonight's game? :lol:
    She buggered off halfway to make an apple and cinnamon cake (which are amazing btw) and she’s been on FaceTime with her sister for the last half hour so absolutely no overall feedback but I did get a:

‘ohhh 2-0…that’s good!’

When she ventured in to get a tea light. I nodded and sipped my beer knowingly, patiently waiting for her to exit.

Hammondo

What??? Let's not kid ourselves. He's similar to Rashford first breaking through but just not on that level as Rashford at 18. And then the other 2 were absolutely elite talents. He's good, but not on their level. So we have to temper expectations. He's not as talented as Januzaj at 18 or plenty others over the years either. Thankfully there's a lot more that decides how a players career will go and how they progress, and I hope he adapts well. But no need to think he is a worldie talent, he isn't.
    Rashford was never close to that good on the ball.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
    Is it pathetic to try and cancel their views?
    I don’t even know what you’re trying to say. You can do something pathetic and I can call it out for being pathetic. Booing Maguire is pathetic. Who tf is trying to cancel anyone?

Boondog

I foresee disappointment in your future
    Yeah switched to a middle eastern feed halfway through. Just wanted to hear the crowd.

Good thing is that disappointment turned back into some happiness. Thrilled with the squad today.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    If you read my post I said h2h away goals. That's not a thing any more.
    It wasn’t a thing last year either. All forms of away goals were binned before the 2021/22 season. Just because you learnt about H2H one tonight doesn’t mean it was removed this season.

RedDevilRoshi

Did Maguire actually get booed? Christ.
    I only heard a very small few boo’s around me when his name got read out that he was replacing Martinez but throughout whenever he touched the ball, people were shouting shoot for a laugh just because the game was comfortably in our control and they were honking.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    I only heard a very small few boo’s around me when his name got read out that he was replacing Martinez but throughout whenever he touched the ball, people were shouting shoot for a laugh just because the game was comfortably in our control and they were honking.
    Heard the same now mate, cheers

lex talionis

Come on... We've seen loads of worldie talents over the years. It doesn't mean they make it, but just what they are. Garnacho is a very good talent, but he's not on par with Januzaj, Greenwood, Ravel, Martial, Rossi, etc. Rashford was a level below them as a talent too, but as an 18 year old he was also ahead of Garnacho now. He's a lot more raw, which is fine, just no need to go crazy because the reality is that our worldie talent of the current generation is going to prison and the next tier is Garnacho who just isn't that.
    I completely agree that not every wordlie talent develops into the next Messi. And not every wordie talent at 18 was as great as Messi when he was 18. And there are more than a few Ravels out there. Point is, we have no idea what’s in Garnacho’s future. But we do have a pretty good idea of where Garnacho is right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 184 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheriff Tiraspol win
  • Draw