Manchester United vs Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
Our players should be ashamed of themselves, and I have never said that before. At least we won't get thumped by City now.

Giggsforever

When we have poor players on the pitch, we will have poor penalty takers.

FFS, some people on here is arguing we should play Welbeck even when RVP is back. Time for the fans of the caf to get with the program and expect the players we field to be as good as our expectations is high. I can forgive Januzaj, he is 18 years old and this will be a leason for him. But, the rest was poor. Think back to 08 and what technique has to say in football these days. I pray that we sign some players that can actually play football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
what the bloody hell were those penalties?!

2 smashed miles over the bar, 2 politely pearolled into the keeper.

Just embarrassing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was laughably bad :lol:
At least next week we should have Mata, RVP and Rooney. Means we won't have to watch some of the shite we've seen out there today.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
When we have poor players on the pitch, we will have poor penalty takers.

FFS, some people on here is arguing we should play Welbeck even when RVP is back. Time for the fans of the caf to get with the program and expect the players we field to be as good as our expectations is high. I can forgive Januzaj, he is 18 years old and this will be a leason for him. But, the rest was poor. Think back to 08 and what technique has to say in football these days. I pray that we sign some players that can actually play football.
100% agree you saved me from posting

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The thing that I cant get over is as soon as we really tried to attack we opened them up. But that came in the 31st minute of extra time. Why didn't we attack in the second half of normal time?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Pretty much everything was poor tonight. And if your players can't do proper 3 meter passes, you know you don't deserve to win

Sam

The thing that I cant get over is as soon as we really tried to attack we opened them up. But that came in the 31st minute of extra time. Why didn't we attack in the second half of normal time?
Two words.

David. Moyes.

walsh

Our players should be ashamed of themselves, and I have never said that before. At least we won't get thumped by City now.
Shocking attitude and it seems many on twitter and the like share your view. I can't believe fans of United can even think that way. We may only have had a small chance of beating City in the final, but we would likely have RVP and Rooney fit. Now we have a 0% chance and we have the fallout of another shameful display and another kick in the nuts for the fans from the players to deal with.

They've let us down and they've let Moyes down. It seems they know that the manager will get the stick so why bother putting in the effort or showing the desire? I can't believe it's come to this, a new low point.

tippex

at least Moyes didnt pull any punches after the game. said we didnt play well and didnt deserve to go through. also said the penos were poor and he expected more also according to sky refused to comment on mata

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honest to God I just want it to be Friday night now. I cant deal with work tomorrow. I just cant. I cant.

Shark

@NotShark
Shocking attitude and it seems many on twitter and the like share your view. I can't believe fans of United can even think that way. We may only have had a small chance of beating City in the final, but we would likely have RVP and Rooney fit. Now we have a 0% chance and we have the fallout of another shameful display and another kick in the nuts for the fans from the players to deal with.

They've let us down and they've let Moyes down. It seems they know that the manager will get the stick so why bother putting in the effort or showing the desire? I can't believe it's come to this, a new low point.
It was a heat of the moment comment, shocking attitude indeed and I retract it. Of course I'd loved to have a go at fecking City, I'm devastated.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Much better players then them have missed penalties. That's football.
Yes but they don't actually look as if they have never taken one before. Let's face it we need some better players we have too many players who should only be playing at OT if they are playing for the visitors. All are good guys and give their all I am sure. But we need better.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm going to be honest right now, I can't help but feel more optimistic and not too worried that we lost. I know it would've been a final and all, but United, in this form, vs City in that form? No thanks. Like this, we have 1 thing to go for, 4th place (and make it past Olympiacos in the champs league. With Rooney, Van Persie both coming back, our only 2 world class outfield players, or even top class, things should look a lot better. Add in Mata, and I just don't feel too down that we lost this on pens. I'd rather that we lost in the semi's then City smash us in the final and embarrass us for the second time this season, which as sad as it sounds, had a real chance of happening.

psychdelicblues

Yes but they don't actually look as if they have never taken one before. Let's face it we need some better players we have too many players who should only be playing at OT if they are playing for the visitors. All are good guys and give their all I am sure. But we need better.
The better players in the strikers position are injured, that's why Welbeck has been playing recently.

Devil may care

The goal was an uncharacteristic error but to create so little at Old Trafford in a cup semi final after taking the lead is disappointing. Sunderland played well and were the better team in the 2nd half and extra time, Smalling and Evans performances prevented the chances from piling up.

I think Nevs summed it in the studio when he said we just don't have enough right now, and yes we miss Rooney and RvP but you'd expect the players on there to be able to win a match like this, otherwise what is the point of rotation and squad depth.

The penalty shoot-out was a complete farce.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm glad I missed the match right now, just watching the highlights was depressing enough. DDG conceeding that goal and then us being only able to convert 1 penalty. At least DDG managed to save two in the shot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.