Sat, 16 August 2014 @ 12:45pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 60 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
    I wish Welbeck wasn't injured. I think he would offer a lot more in this system than Hernandez. I am not sure I can handle the amount of stick we are going to get if we lose this.

We need to try and scrape a win in this match then get straight in that transfer market. We should not be struggling like this at home.

LoiusVanGaal

Keep it classy.

Secondly, I agree that the defence looks shaky, but what did you expect with so many defenders missing?

Finally, the game is not over, in case you hadn't noticed so quit your meltdown. :houllier:
    if you think that's rude you need to grow up mate.

wouldn't be an issue if the club HAD feckING SIGNED DEFENDERS LIKE WE feckING KNEW WE NEEDED TO.

1-0 down to shitty Swansea at half time at home, it's not fecking good enough for this team, AT ALL, if you think it is you are NOT a fan, just a troll.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    dominated without doing a fecking thing.

they scored from one of them, that's all they need to do you mug, we've had tons of the ball and not scored...ergo they have done way fecking better.

oh okay then, let's just live with a defense that concedes to shit like fecking Swansea City so easily shall we, what is your ambition for the club btw? relegation battle?

and done feck all with them.

oh yes, the unfit & off form Nani might come on, Swansea must be shitting themselves at that prospect eh?

delusional.
    :lol:

Bojan11

If we actually do play with pace, we'd easily get a few goals.

Really do lack a ball playing CB.

United10

Why do people think we need to switch to four at the back? The defense has not been the problem at all. The problem has been in the final third where everyone is getting in everyone else's way.
    No late runners into the box, everybody trying to pile in and wait for a cross. It became to predictable for the Swansea midfield and defense. There needs to be more support from midfield for the wingers. Rooney and Mata need to stay out of the box so much and Chicharito needs to be sold.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Swansea won't be able to keep up that pace, we'll get our chance.
    I'm not sure about that. We've not exactly stretched them, they have been very comfortable with everything we have done. Need to get the front 3 on the ball a lot more they haven't managed to create a chance yet.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
    People overreacting to be fair.

We need to get in better positions, pass the ball to Herrera and Mata and let Fletcher sit back.
    Both our CM'S are moving too far forward and that's how we got exposed for the goal.

The_Order

if you guys are going to freak out every time we concede, its going to be a long season for you,

this team is going through a massive transition and we are without a lot of our 1st team players its the first game of the season, calm down.

Dazzmondo

Honestly people saying Herrera's been a liability :lol: You are absolutely clueless.

Fletcher has done nothing at all to help out other than pass it backwards now and then.

Herrera is our best hope of playing that killer pass because Mata has not looked at the races at all today. If a goal is going to come today it's going to come from Januzaj/Rooney and a Herrera pass.
    All of the midfield have been poor. You're trying to act like Herrera hasn't been? I'm afraid you're seeing what you want to see.

Godfather

Why are people so surprised? LvG has said everything he could to try to tell us we'd struggle in the beginning. He even said "All my teams struggle in the first three months." He said the squad is below top quality, he's said he can't change everything in four weeks. He's said the squad is broken, why is anyone surprised? We still have Fletcher and Cleverley as our second options in the midfield, we're not dynamic and we have bad players in our line up.
    I agree with that.
    Makes you wonder what the hell we are doing on the transfer market though and what we are actually waiting for.

Sanchez7

Fletch and Chicha are our worse players. Swansea players are just going past fletcher, he is not physically good enough to be a starter.

axehan1

Just bring Vidal and Di maria.

Change formation to 4-3-3 and let the strikers battle for front striker. I just don't think Van Gaal has big enough balls to do that.
    You're having a laugh aren't you? A typical overreaction to the first half of the opening game of the season.

footballgirl07

Been disappointed with Jones. As one of just two senior defenders at the back he really needed to step up. Looked okay running forward with the ball but defensively has been all over the place.

Midfield haven't been the game at all. Just can't get hold of the ball.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
    Scout
    Finally some sense in here...

One bad half and everyone's suddenly saying LvG is not good enough, bring Moyes back, we'll finish 10th, etc. some people here...are wums
    Fixed it for you. This noob idea is awful in this thread, just allows any old wum to come in here and spout off bullshit for lols.

Chrissypop

First time taking part in the match day thread with noobies involved. Will take time to get used to this.
    You do realize just because you may not be a 'noobie' on this forum does not make you a more informed fan when it comes to football.

Kyonn

The whining is this thread is off the chart. We're missing 4 of out 11 starters so this is hardly and indication of who the season will go.

RetroStu

Finally some sense in here...

One bad half and everyone's suddenly saying LvG is not good enough, bring Moyes back, we'll finish 10th, etc. some people here...
    I don't think i have seen one person say that to be honest.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
    Staff
    No cutting edge; too slow on the ball. Need to speed things up. Some sloppy passing as well.

Don't see the point in making changes yet, give it 15mins.

Sensei

Supports
    Dortmund
    Kagawa to come on for just anyone... He is essential to the kinda football we are trying to play. Fellaini on as well for fletcher to anchor the middle. Will rather James than januzaj at wb! We are winning this

)_(

As others have said, it's no wonder our central players are being rubbish when we insist on playing the ball out to the flanks and then either crossing it to nobody or playing a pass 20 yards back to the midfielders who will then do the same thing.

Swansea are packing the no 10 area and we aren't moving enough to disrupt the players marking the area, need to get some movement into that area from our wide players.
    Exactly, Mata plays in the nr 10 position and he shouldn't have to go out of his way to find the ball, that's not his job. His job is to create something from that position but if we keep playing it out wide he won't get any of the ball and in return our forwards will get very little of the ball unless they happen to flick on to the ball from a cross. The problem is that some people can't seem to see this and just complain that mata, rooney, hernandez whomever aren't dont anything while they don't even get the chance to do anything cause the people behind them keep constantly passing it outwide. They seem to have reverted back to being scared as last season and just play the safe, simple pass instead of playing a more risky but possibly rewarding pass. They shouldn't have to beg for the ball, and we've seen in pre season that at least mata and rooney together can create great things but they need to see the ball for that.

John Johnson

This love fest with Fletcher has to stop. At his best he was good enough to sit on the bench. Now after a debilitating illness he's suddenly a starting player? He's just not good enough and shouldn't be offered new deals out of sentiment.

Dylan94

Unfortunately, it's games like these that make some people, me included , think that Mata isn't all that after all.

Cina

If I see any more abuse I'll just start flat out banning people. Doom and gloom is one thing but insulting other posters is not allowed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 458 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw