Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole9

Same old shit. One step forward, two steps back. Not good enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure who to blame to be fair. Sure it was shit from Valencia but who played him there?
The players on the pitch. Moyes can only work with the tools provided, if the tools are shit quality or broken are you going to expect a top class job? feck no.

Tarrou

Januzaj was fecking brilliant today. He should be first choice on the right. Evra needs replacing.

At least we should some bollocks today, but we're still shit.

Name Changed

weso26
I think a top four finish this season is now out of reach. What a fecking depressing start to a new year.
So do I to be perfectly honest. There is no way we will catch City, Chelsea or Arsenal. And Liverpool are better than us when Suarez is in that type of form. I just can't see how we will.

darko

I'm not sure what game people are watching, but United were far better than Spurs. Unfortunately, Webb should have just worn a white shirt and Smalling should take lessons on how to defend. I think that was one of if not the best home performances I saw United play this season. Spurs were dominated. I'll guaranteed United will finish ahead of them.

Moz

It's just unfortunate we only started playing after going 2-0 down. We created chances and had plenty of possession. The players that weren't alert to obvious dangers today (Valencia) need to be dropped.

arthurka

Two penno's that we didnt get... Welbz was stonewall and Young taken down by Lloris after he crossed a pure penno..

iAm20Legend

RAWK will probably be having a laugh in their 'redcafe goes into meltdown' thread.
I think we won't make top 4, but Moyes will be given time. We'll make some signings for sure, now. Ton of Deadwood wieghing us down

Kostur

海尔的老板
Makes no difference, you think we deserved to win, even if those decisions went our way?

We didn't deserve to lose with two fecking denied penalties and a red card for a goal keeper, and bunch of another pathetic decisions taken by this bald piece of shit today.

Do you think that Chelsea will give a feck that they played like shit against WBA and they've got penalty out of a blue and thus got a point that will be one of those that will clinch them the title?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The only bad call from Webb was the decision not to book Kane and add more time for that kick away. Otherwise the penalty calls were right. We would've won this game had it not been for two dreadful individual errors. Smalling failing to even challenge for the fist goal and Valencia completely asleep for the second.

Otherwise spurs hardly had a shot. We had 61% possession and 16 shots. 3 off the line. Moyes can't be blamed for players brain farting.

Some clear out required for sure. Fergie got the very best out of the players he had. Some of them very average. Moyes doesn't have that magic. The likes of Valencia and cleverly need to be replaced in the starting line up.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Webb hasn't given us a thing in years. Ever since the shite started about us and him he's been a fecking joke. Every 50/50 and more beyond against us. Joke.

yamo123x

Anyone who blames the referee is deluded it is the players. There are too many average players turning out for us.spurs tonight were Missing vertonghen, Sandra, paulinho, siggurdsson to name just a few
- we were without RVP, Rafael Jones and Fellaini.so let's not blame injuries.

We have to put Our best attacker into midfield to create anything.
We rely on an 18yr old to push us forward.

Now we will go and panic buy in Jan with 20 million or there abouts on Baines and cabaye style players.

Moz

I'm not sure what game people are watching, but United were far better than Spurs. Unfortunately, Webb should have just worn a white shirt and Smalling should take lessons on how to defend. I think that was one of if not the best home performances I saw United play this season. Spurs were dominated. I'll guaranteed United will finish ahead of them.
Agreed. Tottenham worked hard but we had the edge in possession and generally looked more dangerous going forward particularly after going 2 down. Lapses in concentration cost us today as it has so many times this season. How is Moyes and the staff and squad going to address this? Shame we only started really going for it at 2 nil down as I feel we could have fecked them had we played for our lives from the start.

Hannibal

The players on the pitch. Moyes can only work with the tools provided, if the tools are shit quality or broken are you going to expect a top class job? feck no.
Football is not about farm tools & implements - It's like a war general sending soldiers on a mission with a tactical plan. Moyes by now should have known Smalling offers nothing as a RB. If Rafael is injured, Fabio is the only logical replacement. We lose a lot of attacking bite with Smalling in that position.

Then there's the small matter of Valencia. He's beyond useless if Rafael isn't behind him overlapping and having nice interchanges. Moyes should have played Janujaz in that position with Young/Kagawa in the left side of the midfield. The confidence of the team is fragile at the moment, Moyes is doing his best to screw up everything with daft team selection & poor subs.

darko

Oh feck off. The cnut of a keeper punched it outside the area the opening fecking couple of minutes, then Young gets dived at with the same keeper with studs two foot high in the air. Absolute disgrace.

Let's not forget 'the advantage' foul on Welbeck in the first half which should have been a yellow card. I guess Webb figured everybody forgot about it by the time the next whistle of play. Did you also notice that Webb never gave a yellow for that blatant wasting time kick away in the last 10 minutes? I thought United played very well. Maybe not incisive enough in the first half, but they were definitely the better side today.

I still think that they'll catch Liverpool. For all their outstanding season they were only 3 points ahead of United going into today's matches. At the moment, I think Man. City, Arsenal and Chelsea are looking tough to catch. United just needs to take it one game at a time and keep improving their play. If feel better about them after the last four weeks of play.

darko

We went attacking. Fair play to Moyes for showing a set of balls.
Smalling looked worse on the first goal. I'm not sure why he just didn't run in front of Adebayor. Instead he was running behind him. He would have done better to even stand his ground. That was brutal.

darko

Two penno's that we didnt get... Welbz was stonewall and Young taken down by Lloris after he crossed a pure penno..
Young's was even a more definite penalty. He totally wiped him out. Webb was an ass today. He should retire and move to Hollywood. He so obviously wants to be the star of ever match. He was definitely their MOTM.

darko

Agreed. Tottenham worked hard but we had the edge in possession and generally looked more dangerous going forward particularly after going 2 down. Lapses in concentration cost us today as it has so many times this season. How is Moyes and the staff and squad going to address this? Shame we only started really going for it at 2 nil down as I feel we could have fecked them had we played for our lives from the start.

Goal number one was brutal. The second wasn't as bad but a slow reaction. But, Spurs had horseshoes and Webb up their ass all match.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Football is not about farm tools & implements - It's like a war general sending soldiers on a mission with a tactical plan. Moyes by now should have known Smalling offers nothing as a RB. If Rafael is injured, Fabio is the only logical replacement. We lose a lot of attacking bite with Smalling in that position.

Then there's the small matter of Valencia. He's beyond useless if Rafael isn't behind him overlapping and having nice interchanges. Moyes should have played Janujaz in that position with Young/Kagawa in the left side of the midfield. The confidence of the team is fragile at the moment, Moyes is doing his best to screw up everything with daft team selection & poor subs.
Moyes is picked a team no different to what fergie would have chosen. He played smalling at Rb countless times.

Your mad to be blaming moyes when the team is frankly lacking quality. How fergie got this team to win the title is beyond me.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I wonder how the glazers financial plan will look if we fail to make top 4. fecked is my guess.

togg

wow..the activity in the caf is really low, considering we've just played a game. Probably because fans have kind of said it all as the frustration and disappointment continues....Forget the title..that is gone..we are not there or thereabouts...as the old cliche goes. It's all about fourth place....wow...first time I've heard that about united for decades!!

Plugsy

Makes no difference, you think we deserved to win, even if those decisions went our way?

Yes. We had more possession, in the end more chances.

How can not getting clear penalties "make no difference" ?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Neither looked a penalty to me but I don't see why so many are down on the team's play. I thought they looked impressive in long stretches and were just unlucky finding the net.

It is troubling, of course, to be so creatively reliant on an 18 year old Adnan but it is what it is. However, I agree that too much is being expected too soon from him, for me. He will struggle, he will dive and he will see his ego take some hits by having to shoulder that burden, IMHO. Truth is, I'm actually impressed he's made the adjustment to first team football as well as he has so far.

Getsme

The tools as you call them are the current champions, international footballers. They have to take some of the blame yes, but it's Moyes job to get the best out of them and he's failing so far.
He needs more time and more support, however in no way should he not be criticised when the team fails. He's the boss at the end of the day.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes. We had more possession, in the end more chances.

How can not getting clear penalties "make no difference" ?
Welbecks was a dive and youngs you don't see given all the time really. 50/50 for me. We should have won't bough with the chances, but after the first goal we were shite until we scored our first. It's like it takes 2 goals for us to wake up.

Plugsy

I wonder how the glazers financial plan will look if we fail to make top 4. fecked is my guess.

Oh how many people will hope.

What annoys me more about this situation is the fact that you know Drasdo and those other cnuts are sat there rubbing their hands looking to use it as ammunition for their bi-yearly "notice me" campaign

Plugsy

Welbecks was a dive and youngs you don't see given all the time really. 50/50 for me. We should have won't bough with the chances, but after the first goal we were shite until we scored our first. It's like it takes 2 goals for us to wake up.

Young's was 50/50?

Are you feckng joking? Someone can lunge at another player causing them to leap 3/4 feet in the air, with their studs showing and it gets labelled a '50/50'? Don't be so ridiculous.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Young's was 50/50?

Are you feckng joking? Someone can lunge at another player causing them to leap 3/4 feet in the air, with their studs showing and it gets labelled a '50/50'? Don't be so ridiculous.
I'm calling it like how I usually see refs call it. It should be a pen, but young went in to crossed it and got the cross in. How often do you actually see refs give a penalty for stuff like that? If young tapped it a bit to control it instead of crossing it like that then it would have been called instantly. It's just the way refs are.

The Neviller

Neither looked a penalty to me but I don't see why so many are down on the team's play. I thought they looked impressive in long stretches and were just unlucky finding the net.

It is troubling, of course, to be so creatively reliant on an 18 year old Adnan but it is what it is. However, I agree that too much is being expected too soon from him, for me. He will struggle, he will dive and he will see his ego take some hits by having to shoulder that burden, IMHO. Truth is, I'm actually impressed he's made the adjustment to first team football as well as he has so far.
The Welbeck one is blatant. How anyone can look at that and not see a foul is beyond me.

The Neviller

The Welbeck one was a blatant foul.

Moz

Goal number one was brutal. The second wasn't as bad but a slow reaction. But, Spurs had horseshoes and Webb up their ass all match.
They definitely had luck on their side if that's what you mean. We seem to have less than half the luck we had under Fergie.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Jumped to the end of this. Goin backwards to have a nice read.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.