Manchester United vs Valencia (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Let the discussions begin...

laughtersassassin

Just asking should their not be one for The Final against Liverpool on Monday first?

Last edited:

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I think it was Damien that said match day threads were automated so a new one follows as soon as the last match ends. So that's probably why this thread has come before a potential match (at the time) against Pool. That match was by no means a done deal anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Smalling Jones Evans
Young Fletcher Herrera Shaw
Mata
Rooney Welbeck​

Expect we'll start the season like this, and Van Gaal will probably want to play them all for this game. Valencia I'm guessing is injured after today, who knows with Welbeck though. Anyways, should be a good game.

MorraGambit

How bad is Valencia and Rafael's injury? I think the first team won't play full 90 minutes with the Swansea game is just after 3/4 days. Young might start this game at RWB but who else can be our back up right now besides Lingard?

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Wonder how LVG will play this out; go down the route of his best possible team, or use the players coming back from the World Cup to have a look at.

Although from an interview recently he seemed pretty sure of which players he wants and don't want, and will be letting them know when we return from the US of A.

khoazany

How bad is Valencia and Rafael's injury? I think the first team won't play full 90 minutes with the Swansea game is just after 3/4 days. Young might start this game at RWB but who else can be our back up right now besides Lingard?
Vermijl and Varela.

I really hope Wilson and Powell could feature on this.Unfortune missing out on tour for both of them.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hope Januzaj gets some minutes.

beamobhoy

Taking my two kids to their first United game....they are really excited!!!! My daughter wanted to see RVP but guess she'll have to do with Januzai (hopefully)!

Brightonian

Hopefully the performance is much better than against Liverpool. I'm going to chalk that one down to the waterlogged pitch and just enjoy the fact that we won.

Passing game needs to be back on again.

Dazzmondo

Early predicted Lineup:

1st half:

De Gea

Jones, Smalling, Evans

Young, Fletcher, Herrera, Shaw
Mata

Welbeck, Rooney

2nd half:

De Gea

Keane, Evans, Blackett

Young, Fellaini, Herrera, James
Mata

Rooney, Januzaj

Kagawa on for Mata, Cleverley for Herrera, Lingard for Young and Hernandez for Rooney all around the 60 minute mark. I predict a good win for us, 3-0.

I'd love to see Wilson too. Not sure if he'll get any minutes though. Maybe he'll come on instead of Hernandez if we've decided to sell him. If not, I doubt he plays.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hopefully by a weeks time we have some activity, but if not it will be:

------------De Gea
---Blackett--Smalling--Evans
Young----------------------Shaw
-------Herrera---Fletcher
-------------Mata
-------Rooney--Welbeck

Irish-Red-7

Going to be good, LvGs first game at OT.. Confidence high after the tour.
Maybe there could be a new signing by the time it comes around.

I would expect the majority of the team against Valencia to continue against Swansea. RvP is obviously out and Valencia, story with him?

Januzai will be back..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
is it me, or is this a bit too close for comfort before the big kick off? We all moaned about those international friendlies midweek before hand other years, and now we've gone out of our way to book this.

Would the sat before not have been cleverer?

khoazany

I don't think any of our "core starters" will play in this game with Swansea in mind.Too risky.

First half:
Lindegaard
M.Keane - Jones - Blackett
Young - Fellani - Lingard - James
Kagawa
Januzaj - Chic

Second half:
Lindegaard
Thorpe - Smalling - Evans
Vermijl - Cleverley - Powell - Shaw
Januzaj
RVP - Wilson​

Hed Zitin

I'm hoping Valencia put our CB's under pressure when they are in possession. Need to see if they can do better than the last game.

Brightonian

I'd like to see Januzaj in our 'starting' lineup, like this:

DDG
Jones Smalling Evans
Young Herrera Fletcher Shaw
Mata
Januzaj Rooney​

But I'd also be keen to see some of the youngsters who didn't go on tour given a run-out, people like Varela, Wilson, Thorpe, Lawrence, Powell. Either approach would work for me. Or indeed both; the above in the first half, and then wholesale changes for the second to try and include some of the latter names.

We certainly shouldn't give too many who will start against Swansea more than a half. The tour will have been quite tiring, and we don't want them to overdo it.

Rudi j

----------DDG
---Jones Smalling Evans
cuadrado Herrera vidal Shaw
----------Mata
-----Januzaj Rooney

Clas Sified

Is this just a normal friendly or a testimonial/special match of some sort? Because I can't remember the last time we've had a normal friendly so close to the season...

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Ah this game is on the 12th August? Nice, will be able to field a few of our signings by then.

De Gea
Smalling Marquinhos Hummels
Cuadrado Vidal Herrera Di Maria
Reus Mata
Cavani​

Bwuk

Dave
Jones Smalling Thorpe
Janko Powell Cleverley Shaw
Kagawa
Januzaj Wilson​

Can sub more starters on in the second half.

Gerald G

De Gea; Smalling--Evans--Jones; Young/Rafael--Fletcher--Herrera--Shaw; Mata--Januzaj/Welbeck--Rooney

If Welbeck is fit then Welbeck in for Januzaj. Change most in the 2nd half.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Think the starting eleven will mostly consist of fringe/youth players. Sub on a few players who'll play against Swansea late on in the game maybe.

It's unusually close to the start of the season definitely.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Wow this is really close to Swansea alrifgt. As the lads above said I'm hoping he gives the younger lads, Powell Varela Wilson etc a game this time. rvp and adnan to get a run out too. The players look much more confident and aggressive this season! Can't wait to see who comes and goes before this match too. It's hopefully going to be a very interesting few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.