Kick-off
Sun, 15 April 2018 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Natener

Young getting in good positions down the left with space but doesn't get the ball. Valencia gets the ball with space to run at down the right but choose to take it central :houllier:

Djemba-Djemba

Mata really has lost that cutting edge he used to have.

To be in mid April and see he's only scored 3 goals all season is alarming.

Smores

Oh so you disagree that we're looking laboured? Feck off with your stupidity will you?
    I'm not the one who made a stupid point and got called out by dozens of people mate....:lol:

Yeah we've looked slow....if only we were liverpool :wenger:

madzo2007

Sanchez and Mata coming inside are making it really congested in the middle and making it easier to defend against.

When Pogba is breaking forward its only Lukaku ahead of him marked by 2 defenders, so he has to stop and wait for support, so I'm not really understanding the moans and groans about Pogba today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    We're not stretching them at all. Sanchez always looks to drift central, as does Mata. Even Pogba is out wide more than whoever it supposed to be playing on the left side of the attack. Rashford or Martial for Matic or Herrera is needed. Don't need both Herrera and Matic in a game like this, but we do need to disrupt their defence, as it's so congested.

Should have had a penalty though, nailed on.

Joseunited

No excuses for that 45 minutes even after the City comeback, we should be buzzing! ready to tear this West Brom team apart and yet not 1 player looks like they can be bothered to play today.I don't get it quite honestly.

Get a bit of width and stretch West Brom for God's sake.

AngliaRed

We need this 2nd half:

..........Herrera.......Matic...........
    ...................pogba.................
    Sanchez......Lukaku....Martial/Rashford

Parry Gallister

I didn't get to bed until about 10am after my night out so actually i'm quite happy with that first half - I think any excitement might actually kill me.

Herrera + Alexsis + DDG good. Mata giving away possession the cheapest in the team. Need better width, sub or Young giving more attacking (long since given up on Tony V contributing in an attacking sense)

DeOddi

Standard United performance for this season. Wouldn´t mind if performances like that would be an exception for us.... but it´s performances like the 2nd half against City that show us playing way above our level as a team. Sadly performances like this are our normal level at the moment.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Martial Shaw and Rashford can't get Into this team? Well done Mourinho you boring prick.
    What logic are you using, to ask that Shaw start?
    Shaw has been crap for 90% of the time he has been at MUFC, for almost 4 years. He should be sold.
    And who would you take off to get Martial/Rashford on?

Marcelinho87

Works both ways. He didn't play a single minute in the two games before he rejected the contract so why should he 'offer loyalty' by tying himself down to a contract when he's not being played?
    I get that, but why does he or any player think they are entitled to play every minute? It is only 2 games afterall.

I am sure had he accepted the contract he would have been given more chances to shine.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
    No. Damn. Width.
    Mata doesn't know which side of the pitch he's supposed to be on and seems to be popping up on the left all the time, which is already overloaded with Sanchez, Young and Pogba. I'd love to see us go back to a left footer on the left and right footer on the right. Keep the width, take players wide and get to the byline for a cut back pass. And while we're at it, how about a couple of strikers to get on the end of it...

Marcky411

Poor poor poor first half.
    After watching that and City-Tottenham yesterday, as well as Liverpool going through their strides really fills me with confidence for next year. Dreading Tottenham next Saturday we could get terribly embarrassed.
    This was a great game for both Martial and Rashford with their pace and directness.

Oldyella

Big Mata fan, but he seems way off the pace today.

Would love to know what our players are coached in an attacking sense, as we just look awful 75-80% of the time, but then turn it on for brief blasts. New FBs will transform this team I think.

haram

fecking Mourinho.

Bring on Rashford or Martial you fecking lemon, and play some, ummmm you know, attacking football at home to West cnuting Brom.

Such a coward.
    Are we playing defensive football then?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
    This game angers me more than it should.

Miserable uninspired team and manager. LVG levels of absolute crap.

Kapardin

After watching that and City-Tottenham yesterday, as well as Liverpool going through their strides really fills me with confidence for next year. Dreading Tottenham next Saturday we could get terribly embarrassed.
    This was a great game for both Martial and Rashford with their pace and directness.
    Think Martial is out of favor again due to some perceived lapses in training. Jose hinted as much when he said he started Lukaku and Matic every game.

Very annoying, this is a game made for him or even Rashford.

JohnnyKills

Pogba has been so wasteful so far. Hopefully he'll turn it round.

Mata isn't good enough for me. He buzzes around the game but can't seem to grab it by the scruff of the neck. He doesn't have the vision we need in a playmaking role.

Lukaku playing well and Sanchez showing flashes of quality. Let's hope the rest can step up.

LoneStar

A very uninspiring first half. Lots of possession, but nothing to show for it. Mata has been poor by his standards, and Lukaku should have done better for that chance.

Other than the penalty (which the red bottled), we have done nothing to deserve the win till now. Hopefully a better secodn half, like we have been doing for a while now.

Mata off for Rashford/Martial please.

binary bot
    3 Mids + Mata is overkill home to West Brom. We should be playing with 2 up front in a game like this, or a more direct winger.

RedNed77

We’ve got arsenal pal, you really don’t need to worry.

Edit: my bad, forgot about the cup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 327 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win