Manchester United vs. West Ham United

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:lol: you don't half talk some hysterical shite. A player is either amazing or shite with you.
:lol: so you think buttner is good enough for united? Or is a left back in any way?
And that's not true at all, we've just had quite a few players these last few years who are shite compared to the level required for a top team like united.

Jaap

Great first half, okayish second. Some lovely flowing football, vertical passes, looked tidy.

I''m absolutely loving the Smevans partnership at the back, classy stuff.

DevilRed

Good performance and an important 3 points in the bag. We've got two away matches on the trot next so its going to be tough.

Great performance by Rooney who dropped deep to pull the strings again. What a difference that has made to our play. Just goes to show that if we can actually find a midfielder who can do similar we'd be a MUCH better side.

Hopefully the injury to Welbeck isn't too serious because everytime he gets going it just seems like injuries stop him from progressing. Quite frustrating.

If only Valencia learned how to cross the ball properly we might have won by 6 or 7 goals.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
:lol: so you think buttner is good enough for united? Or is a left back in any way?
And that's not true at all, we've just had quite a few players these last few years who are shite compared to the level required for a top team like united.
No he's not good enough, but it's weird that after winning three-one peoples first reaction is to start hysterically moaning about our left back getting a rest. I'm not that bothered about the fact that he's not up to standard, he will probably get sold in the summer but at least he gives it his all in every game he plays so good luck to him. 'He wouldn't make a left back anywhere' is fully retarded though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No he's not good enough, but it's weird that after winning three-one peoples first reaction is to start hysterically moaning about our left back getting a rest. I'm not that bothered about the fact that he's not up to standard, he will probably get sold in the summer but at least he gives it his all in every game he plays so good luck to him. 'He wouldn't make a left back anywhere' is fully retarded though.
It wasn't my first thought. I said everything, good win, very good performance and all that. Buttner thing was the last comment because it was only a minor detail but it ruined our little run of clean sheets that always give confidence to defenders. And I meant he wouldn't be good enough as a left back in any top division. No premier league team would want him at left back, he'd be a decent winger but even the worst teams would prefer a left back who is defensively solid first and foremost. I didn't mind him last season because he hardly ever played. It's just he's played way too much this season and people are getting frustrated because we have Fabio who is so much better but doesn't play for whatever reason.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
out of interest, why do people get so concerned at a reserve "Left" back, who isn't even naturally a left back not getting a few random appearances?

Everest Red

Reddest ever
out of interest, why do people get so concerned at a reserve "Left" back, who isn't even naturally a left back not getting a few random appearances?

His twin is a key member of our side, so there's an assumption that he is, or can be, as good. He has appeared in the CL final for us in the past, albeit at RB, so we know that there's quality. And finally, Evra makes mistakes once in a while, and is getting old, I'd rather see Fabio given a chance when the game is a foregone conclusion.

One tenuous reason and two good reasons behind people getting pissed.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Some players that need singling out:

Evra/Buttner - Evra was insignificant at both ends and Buttner offered more attack in 15 mins than Evra in previous 75. But then the cock-up of not being in line with CM leading to the goal. Inexperience and being just off the bench cna be excuses, but definitely should be more aware.

Cleverly - Partly disappointed. Unlucky not to get in score sheet. But good in patches. Numerous times gameplay progresses for 5-6 minutes without a single touch from Cleverly. Seems to favour the pass and run for return technique rather than making proper cross for others to capitalise. Needs to read game and get into positions to receive balls and make passes. Learn from Rooney.
Januzaj - Needs a 'word' from Moyes for the dive.
Young - Getting his confidence, but still less impact after the goal.

Rooney - Brilliant in deeper role and deserved to get the band after Evra this match. Though took his foot off in last 15 mins going for short side passes to run down the clock.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
But then the cock-up of not being in line with CM leading to the goal.
I assume you mean the CB. On that though, when shaping up, it's not about being in line, he has to be in front of the deepest CB, so that CB can see where his fullbacks are and decide whether or not to step.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I assume you mean the CB. On that though, when shaping up, it's not about being in line, he has to be in front of the deepest CB, so that CB can see where his fullbacks are and decide whether or not to step.

Absolutely, my mistake. Evans just assumed it is a offside only to find him lounging behind and had to make a futile run back!

Status
Not open for further replies.