Manchester United Women | The Pre Relaunch Thread

El Zoido

Does anyone yet know how we're going to be able to watch these games?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
They'll be playing at Leigh Sports Village, like the U21 team does. As they're not in the top league (this year!) I doubt we'll see much of them on normal TV. Hopefully MUTV will cover the games.

It's all a bit of a mystery at the moment. I took a look on the WSL site and I couldn't even see the release date for the fixture list. I'm guessing that's because there's been a reorganization of the league this year - at least one team is disputing how some places have been allocated. Some teams (like us) probably have to confirm any unavailable dates for matches (Leigh stadium being a shared one)

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
They'll be playing at Leigh Sports Village, like the U21 team does. As they're not in the top league (this year!) I doubt we'll see much of them on normal TV. Hopefully MUTV will cover the games.

It's all a bit of a mystery at the moment. I took a look on the WSL site and I couldn't even see the release date for the fixture list. I'm guessing that's because there's been a reorganization of the league this year - at least one team is disputing how some places have been allocated. Some teams (like us) probably have to confirm any unavailable dates for matches (Leigh stadium being a shared one)
I was just looking at Leigh Sport Village's site and they haven't got anything on there about the team yet. I think I may well become a ST holder for the women's team this year, it'll be great fun.

Penna

Staff
How cool!
It's not far from where we live and I haven't renewed my United season ticket this year - I just wasn't getting to the games, and half the season we're not in the UK anyway. This seems like a much more affordable option (and you can park right at the Sports Village).

Grande

It's not far from where we live and I haven't renewed my United season ticket this year - I just wasn't getting to the games, and half the season we're not in the UK anyway. This seems like a much more affordable option (and you can park right at the Sports Village).
How does one get to Leigh from the city centre?

Penna

Staff

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It's not a great location for people coming by public transport from central or eastern Manchester. For people coming by car from the west (Salford!) or north etc, it's a fairly easy one.

City's women play in a stadium near the Etihad, which makes them an easier journey from the city centre. United haven't got an equivalent, but the Reserves/Academy have used Leigh for a while so once we've got a schedule (and I guess confirmation that it is our base) we may be able to get some travel advice from people who go to their games.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I just want to open this post with a disclaimer. I am not in anyway being sexist or a pervert or anything i am just curious and I'm quite shocked this hasn't been brought up yet.

Will they be wearing the low cut shirts they have been selling since Adidas took over ?

I am genuinely just curious.

jymufc20

It's not a great location for people coming by public transport from central or eastern Manchester. For people coming by car from the west (Salford!) or north etc, it's a fairly easy one.

City's women play in a stadium near the Etihad, which makes them an easier journey from the city centre. United haven't got an equivalent, but the Reserves/Academy have used Leigh for a while so once we've got a schedule (and I guess confirmation that it is our base) we may be able to get some travel advice from people who go to their games.
It's pretty much just off the east lancs road when you get to Leigh. I think it is sign posted from there aswell.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I just want to open this post with a disclaimer. I am not in anyway being sexist or a pervert or anything i am just curious and I'm quite shocked this hasn't been brought up yet.

Will they be wearing the low cut shirts they have been selling since Adidas took over ?

I checked out Bayern because they are Adidas and it seems they wear the normal shirt and a women's version exists.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth

I am hoping the team will be seen as a big draw and tv companies will pick up the rights. Mutv will be great but bt or bbc will do.

jymufc20

I am hoping the team will be seen as a big draw and tv companies will pick up the rights. Mutv will be great but bt or bbc will do.
I have a feeling the tv companies will be all over it. Give it a year or two and the big two will be having bidding wars, albeit on a smaller scale than usual.

Penna

Staff

I haven't bought a shirt for a few years simply because I don't want some horrible low-cut fashion item, I want a football shirt that's designed to fit women. So if they go back to selling a proper-shaped version of the men's shirt, I'll be very pleased!

jymufc20

I haven't bought a shirt for a few years simply because I don't want some horrible low-cut fashion item, I want a football shirt that's designed to fit women. So if they go back to selling a proper-shaped version of the men's shirt, I'll be very pleased!
This is the thing i was sort of getting at, if the women's team aren't going to be wearing that sort of shirt, why are they selling them to the fans.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Does anyone know when we might start getting news about friendlies and things like that?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does anyone know when we might start getting news about friendlies and things like that?
Some are mentioned in this thread and according to here, player announcements should be next week. Second link says pre-season training will start on 9th July but first link says our first friendly is on the 5th so not sure how that is going to work.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some are mentioned in this thread and according to here, player announcements should be next week. Second link says pre-season training will start on 9th July but first link says our first friendly is on the 5th so not sure how that is going to work.
Okay thank you. Yeah that is odd, doesn't seem right that they'd play a friendly before training. Maybe it'll be a chance for some of the older COE players to play in front of Stoney.

We need an rvn

Fair question. I think the reason they didn't sell a woman's fitted men's style shirt before (e.g. not with the low cut) was because A)we didn't have a women's team yet and B) there probably isn't much difference between a man's and woman's fit as the men's fit is quite tight anyway. Plus whose to say women want a more fitted style rather than the men's version. I know a number of women who don't like the skin tight shirts.

I'm 100% sure the club will start selling the official women's kit as soon as it's been unveiled, plus for those women who want the low cut and become hits on Instagram a version would still be available.