Manuel Locatelli - One to watch

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Looks like he'll be at Juve next season. Di Marzio has been reporting for the last few months about Juve trying to get a deal done.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Looks like he'll be at Juve next season. Di Marzio has been reporting for the last few months about Juve trying to get a deal done.
Obviously promising/star player getting out of Italy, did it happen in this century yet? Not that Italy haven't been shite for the last 10 years but this younger generation is very promising and Mancini seems to be a good manager for them.

Locatelli seems great in this tournamen, not sure if he's what we need though, he'd find the pace in EPL quite fast, perhaps an upgrade on McTominay yes but without a player who could alternate with Fredwho could get injured at anytime we are back to zombie football so my prefferation would be a different player - way more dynamic and better passer than Locatelli too. He has some good runs and decent shot on him though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Obviously promising/star player getting out of Italy, did it happen in this century yet? Not that Italy haven't been shite for the last 10 years but this younger generation is very promising and Mancini seems to be a good manager for them.

Locatelli seems great in this tournamen, not sure if he's what we need though, he'd find the pace in EPL quite fast, perhaps an upgrade on McTominay yes but without a player who could alternate with Fredwho could get injured at anytime we are back to zombie football so my prefferation would be a different player - way more dynamic and better passer than Locatelli too. He has some good runs and decent shot on him though.
Do you think he isn't dynamic enough and would be targeted by teams who are adept at pressing high?

bucky

I bet you base it on that one albeit brilliant pass. Obviously you've seen him play in Italy long enough to claim that
It's quite obvious that you haven't seen him, if you think his passing isn't up to the standard that we need.

Oranges038

Been impressed every time I've seen him play. Probably headed for Juve though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Juve bound but at least the stats lads are on the right track. He’s been a standout in lots of metrics this season. Plays in a double pivot already. Is creative and good under pressure and can dictate play. Good price. Entering his prime. International experience.

Okey

I've been on about this lad for a while. Him and Barella would be quite some double pivot. And would cost the same as one Declan Rice probably.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've been on about this lad for a while. Him and Barella would be quite some double pivot. And would cost the same as one Declan Rice probably.
Barella would probably cost around 80m, if Inter's asking price for Hakimi is anything to go by.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Do you think he isn't dynamic enough and would be targeted by teams who are adept at pressing high?
can't say for sure, but to me he seems slugish, another Matic, might complement Fred pretty well instead of Scott but instead of Fred we would have problems against high pressing teams, which are more and more seen in the prem.

jesperjaap

Barella would probably cost around 80m, if Inter's asking price for Hakimi is anything to go on.
Agree, they paid £50m for him just last summer didnt they and he has had a very good season. I really like him. Not seen a huge amount of Locatelli but looks a good player. Barealla though would be in the top three midfielders I would like us to sign....but he is just too expensive. I wanted him last year but as someonementioned a few posts ago, not many Italian yougnsters seem to leave Italy, Tonali being another recent example linked with lots of bgi clubs in Europe

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agree, they paid £50m for him just last summer didnt they and he has had a very good season. I really like him. Not seen a huge amount of Locatelli but looks a good player. Barealla though would be in the top three midfielders I would like us to sign....but he is just too expensive. I wanted him last year but as someonementioned a few posts ago, not many Italian yougnsters seem to leave Italy, Tonali being another recent example linked with lots of bgi clubs in Europe
That's assuming Barella was on the market, because otherwise I don't see him leaving even for 80m. But Inter's reported financial issues could present a opportunity for someone but he won't come cheap even in such a scenario IMO.

jesperjaap

That's assuming Barella was on the market, because otherwise I don't see him leaving even for 80m. But Inter's reported financial issues could present a opportunity for someone but he won't come cheap even in such a scenario IMO.
I agree, I think he is one of the few players they wont sell for any price this summer, unless its a crazy fee and there are potentially so many good options at the moment in central midfield, as godo as he is, wouldnt make sense either

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is Tonali actually good? Has anyone ever watched him play? :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was hyped to watch him before the tournament, analytically his profile is exactly what we need. First game was a bit disappointed with him, on the periphery a bit to much. Today was perfect though and exactly what we need, not just because of the goals but his overall play.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Was hyped to watch him before the tournament, analytically his profile is exactly what we need. First game was a bit disappointed with him, on the periphery a bit to much. Today was perfect though and exactly what we need, not just because of the goals but his overall play.
Problem is he has so played against Turkey and Switzerland which is equivalent to a low ranked PL team / top Championship team. Problem with international tournaments these days is that so much dross is allowed to get to the finals. Euros used to be great, now it is a waiting game to get to the last 8.

GledTheRed

Problem is he has so played against Turkey and Switzerland which is equivalent to a low ranked PL team / top Championship team. Problem with international tournaments these days is that so much dross is allowed to get to the finals. Euros used to be great, now it is a waiting game to get to the last 8.
Agree with that, been some shite games so far.