Manuel Locatelli - One to watch

bosskeano

why can't we step in for a loan move with an option to buy on this guy??? brilliant midfielder who's very disciplined and fantastic on the ball

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Arsenal apparently with a real shot at signing him as Juve are struggling to meet the financial requirements... Sancho and Varane are great but if we could just swoop in here that would be nice too...

redrobed

Arsenal apparently with a real shot at signing him as Juve are struggling to meet the financial requirements... Sancho and Varane are great but if we could just swoop in here that would be nice too...
Never going to happen. Glazers are stingy af.

bosskeano

this is the type of CM, just like Camavinga, that we should be looking to sign. he's class on the ball, has an eye for goal but you know defensively he will get the job done especially as he's Italian so you know he's tactically very disciplined.

Infra-red

He's very good and would seriously upgrade our creativity/ball distribution from central midfield.

Reports have previously suggested that he's keen on staying in Italy, though.

Gandalf

I don't think he is gettable to be honest. Arsenal supporters are already bragging on twitter that he is a done deal but the whole thing smacks of them being used to pressure Juventus to pay up in the same way Goretzka is using us to get a bigger contract from Bayern. Juve are apparently about to raise 400m from a share sale and so presumably will be able to meet the price soon and Sassuolo already mentioned they would wait for them due to their strong relationship.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he is gettable to be honest. Arsenal supporters are already bragging on twitter that he is a done deal but the whole thing smacks of them being used to pressure Juventus to pay up in the same way Goretzka is using us to get a bigger contract from Bayern. Juve are apparently about to raise 400m from a share sale and so presumably will be able to meet the price soon and Sassuolo already mentioned they would wait for them due to their strong relationship.
Done deal ? :lol: Their little trick is too obvious. Whichever club wanted to get in front of Juventus would have to overpay. Watch him move for 25m + 1 or 2 loanees.

bosskeano

Juve sign Locatelli that ends their interest in Pogba which really then leaves only Madrid who could possibly purchase him from us

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Juve sign Locatelli that ends their interest in Pogba which really then leaves only Madrid who could possibly purchase him from us
Juventus are going to struggle putting together more than 40m, they have a tonne of midfielders on very high wages. They were never getting Pogba, assuming you want more than 50m for him.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Dude is on last year of contract.
Who is going to buy him for the rumored fee United is asking plus the monster wage to the player? :D
Wanna trade Pogba for Dybala? that's the only way I see it

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Juventus are going to struggle putting together more than 40m, they have a tonne of midfielders on very high wages. They were never getting Pogba, assuming you want more than 50m for him.
Also I doubt very much he is going to Arsenal or anywhere outside Italy.
His brother also came out saying he was a huge Juventus fan in his childhood.
I'm honestly not the bit worried about him :P I'd like to see him telling Sassuolo Juventus or nothing and stop putting crazy high prices

Red_toad

the glazers spend plenty of money on players
Hmm no they don’t, the club is allowed to spend by the owners, the owners pay for shite all. We’re not in for Locatelli as zero links what so ever and he doesn’t want to leave Italy. Very good player mind and would probably make Arsenal a much better team.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Also I doubt very much he is going to Arsenal or anywhere outside Italy.
His brother also came out saying he was a huge Juventus fan in his childhood.
I'm honestly not the bit worried about him :P I'd like to see him telling Sassuolo Juventus or nothing and stop putting crazy high prices
He's on record saying that he doesn't mind playing abroad. He's obviously going to prefer Juventus, just don't think Juventus can scrape the funds together for getting the transfer through.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's on record saying that he doesn't mind playing abroad. He's obviously going to prefer Juventus, just don't think Juventus can scrape the funds together for getting the transfer through.
It would be nice to avoid another Torreira that is homesick 15min after landing in London especially for 40M+. It's always going to be in his mind that Juventus awaits.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
It would be nice to avoid another Torreira that is homesick 15min after landing in London especially for 40M+. It's always going to be in his mind that Juventus awaits.
Torreira got home sick after he was dropped from the squad. He was enjoying himself when he was playing day in day out. I guess with Locatelli the threat of Juventus will always loom, but if he gives us 4 odd years of good service I won't grudge him a move back to Italy. Juventus would probably have shed their baggage and have more money to spend as well.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
You're right it's so hard scraping for money when your owner Exor just said they'll pump 400m into Juventus

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why would he move to Arsenal when he can wait for one year and join Juve (assuming they don't sign him this year.

Even if he want to move abroad first, there will be better options than Arsenal at this point.

bosskeano

Dude is on last year of contract.
Who is going to buy him for the rumored fee United is asking plus the monster wage to the player? :D
Wanna trade Pogba for Dybala? that's the only way I see it
Juve certainly won't as they'll probably wait until january to see if they could bring him back on a free transfer assuming he isn't sold this summer or renews his contract.

50m for him plus his fees certainly would be a stumbling block for most clubs outside a select few. Madrid and Barca are skint for money right now as are the italian clubs. Only clubs outside of england who could pay that would be PSG and Munich with the latter certainly not being interested.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
You're right it's so hard scraping for money when your owner Exor just said they'll pump 400m into Juventus
Isn't that just to cover the Covid losses? Face it, Juve don't have two coins to rub together. The player wants Juventus, Juventus wants the player, hell even Sassuolo want Juventus(**** behavior not seen in the EPL), whats stopping the transfer?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He obviously won’t go to Arsenal. Would be a shocking move for him.

bosskeano

Juve isn't going to allow this kid to leave Italy. They'll get him on loan with an mandatory purchase price for next summer.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Isn't that just to cover the Covid losses? Face it, Juve don't have two coins to rub together. The player wants Juventus, Juventus wants the player, hell even Sassuolo want Juventus(**** behavior not seen in the EPL), whats stopping the transfer?
No actually in 2019 they put 300m which were going to improve the club but somehow covid hit so they used those 300m to cover for covid-loss
Now this 400m is to improve the team/society

Board Meeting | Press release

The Board of Directors has analyzed the impact of the pandemic on the three financial years 2019/22, currently estimated in an overall amount of €320 million as direct and indirect adverse effects.

Confirmed the long-term strategic objectives referred to in the 2019/24 development plan relating to sports competitiveness and economic-financial sustainability.

The board of directors has established the guidelines for a capital increase of up to €400 million to support the plan, which, due to the pandemic, will be amended during the first six months of the 2021/22 financial year.

Granted powers relating to the football business area to board member Maurizio Arrivabene

Tarrou

Hmm no they don’t, the club is allowed to spend by the owners, the owners pay for shite all. We’re not in for Locatelli as zero links what so ever and he doesn’t want to leave Italy. Very good player mind and would probably make Arsenal a much better team.
If Ole wanted Locatelli the funds would be made available, though.. just like they were for Sancho

Tarrou

Yes it does when you're the one bringing it into the discussion, so it then becomes debatable. Had you said the club then I'm fine with that, but you didn't.
its clear what I meant if you look at what I was replying to

eg, we can't get Locatelli because of the Glazers

if Ole wanted him he'd be given the funds to make a bid, no question

I'm anti-glazer so it's not like I'm trying to defend them here

Red_toad

its clear what I meant if you look at what I was replying to

eg, we can't get Locatelli because of the Glazers

if Ole wanted him he'd be given the funds to make a bid, no question

I'm anti-glazer so it's not like I'm trying to defend them here
Like I said refer to spending as the club doing it, not the Glazers. I didn't mention anything about you defending them?
As for that Ole wants, he works within a budget set by the owners and funded by the club. I'm pretty sure he wanted Sancho last summer and didn't get him due to the fee being too high.
73 million spent this summer thus far, so lets see at the end of the summer, what our net spend was, I'm guessing 60 million, but we shall see. I'd love to see midfield addressed, as well as a new centre half, but it just adds to the debt pile if we spend too much, which will damage the club going forward if the manager doesn't start winning things.

L1nk

I'd heard he wasn't interested in Arsenal though, so if it's not them then who is it I wonder

izec

Bayern or PSG?

They are looking for a midfielder (Camavinga was reported to be on their list as well), so that is why i wouldnt rule them out. The Spanish clubs wont have the money and in the PL i dont see the links to him.