g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manuel Pellegrini — Former West Ham Manager

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

He has a decent set of players to work with now. Should be doing well, at least on paper.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Will be interesting to see what he can do with the team ¨, some exciting players to work with Anderson, Lanzini, Arnautovic, Yarmolenko should be a great attack, if he can set up a solid defense, they can try for top6 next year, still probably not good enough and will take time for everything to settle

Wonder what the issue is now - the board have spent money on some decent players

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well the fans cannot blame the Dildo brothers on this occasion.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I thought Dracula would do better. The unfortunate looks aside, always looked like a decent chap with decent teams.

flappyjay

Feck west ham . It would be better if they got relegated after spending so much but unfortunately they will get someone to steady the ship if this continues

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

"Now this looks like a job for me,
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy,
'Cause it feels so empty without me
"

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
West Ham always seem to be a miserable team. Remember those Twitter threads about PL clubs and their banter era's? West Ham's one was as grim as it gets. :lol:

Minimalist

I've wanted them to go down for a number of seasons now (especially after Villa finally fecked off). Still can't see it for some reason, they tease the fcuk out of it and then tend to pull clear.

Sweet Square

I saw them my local 1 league team in pre season and they weren't particular great. So not too surprising that they've been shite.

Tarrou

next 5 fixtures are rough

Everton (a)
Chelsea (h)
United (h)
Brighton (a)
Spurs (h)

AlwaysRed66

Wonder what the issue is now - the board have spent money on some decent players
Says who. Certainly paid big fees for players that is for sure. Are they any good in the premiership, why did they sign, are they up for a fight, well they gel in the side. Just because they spent a fortune doesn't make them better. Strange how they have deteriorated, despite spending a fortune, since Moyes was pushed out.:lol:

Look at Spurs. Everyone laughing at them for not buying players, yet their team is probably stronger as another season together with many youngish players. Moura a new player this season? You do not always need to keep buying players to improve. I think squad wise Spurs are weaker than their rivals, particularly with injuries to key players, but certainly not weaker this season.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I used to quite like the club. Now with Stadler and Waldorf in charge and their Apprentice they have become a plastic club.

Sad.

Zoo

Should never have sold Kouyate. They had Carlos Sanchez in midfield today who is old and not very good, at Villa he was awful.

Cloud7

Genuinely thought they would be doing better than this. Expected an upper mid table finish with Pelligrini managing them. Guess you never can tell huh

Says who. Certainly paid big fees for players that is for sure. Are they any good in the premiership, why did they sign, are they up for a fight, well they gel in the side. Just because they spent a fortune doesn't make them better. Strange how they have deteriorated, despite spending a fortune, since Moyes was pushed out.:lol:

Look at Spurs. Everyone laughing at them for not buying players, yet their team is probably stronger as another season together with many youngish players. Moura a new player this season? You do not always need to keep buying players to improve. I think squad wise Spurs are weaker than their rivals, particularly with injuries to key players, but certainly not weaker this season.
Anderson, Wilshere, Yarmolenko, Fredericks.

All good players players for west hams level, they should be doing much better than what they are.

Poch

Supports
Spurs
Hilarious, hopefully go down with a bit of luck.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mentality never seems right at West Ham. Every summer they sign impressive names yet these players seem to clock off. You guys on this forum all tell me what a great striker Hernandez is, he scores less than Welbeck.....

Anyway West Ham's next three games are Everton away and Chelsea and Man. United at home. Ouch. Loser of Man. United game will be first manager sacked I reckon.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Everyone was going mad about Felipe Anderson just last week. Wasn't really sure about Yarmolenko who flopped at Dortmund. Snodgrass is keeping him out of the team. Wilshere and Noble as a midfield two is very one paced, I was surprised they let Kouyate go tbh.

Robbie Boy

Pellegrini has done well IMO. Thought they'd be hanging around the relegation spots.
Really? After bringing in the likes of Yarmolenko, Anderson and Diop and already having the likes of Lanzini and good workers like Noble, Antonio and Snodgrass. I expected more or less what they’ve delivered and never fancied them to go down. They’ve had some bad luck with injuries, mind.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s a good manager and always was. Had a record points at Real Madrid which was not enough to win them the league but he had them playing excellent football.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pellegrini has done well IMO. Thought they'd be hanging around the relegation spots.
Why? They have lots of good players.

Fabianski, Diop, Cresswell, Rice, Anderson, Aranutovic (first half of the season) etc....This is not Cardiff or Brighton standard.

I actually think they've underachieved a bit, given how open 7th is they should be challenging for that.