Manuel Ugarte

Teja

No. He and Ronaldo parted ways because Mendez disagreed with the interview and advised him against it. Ronaldo dumped him after that, plus there were other disagreements too supposedly.
Damn I was kinda hoping we got some favors from Mendez for letting Ronaldo leave.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
We've just signed him apparently. Can he score?

L1nk

For all intents and purposes this is pretty much done

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Record just reported deal is done.

60M to Chelsea

dinostar77

Not known for his goal scoring, more for being a re-incarnation of roy keane and diego simeone, basically a south american hatchet man who has skills.

He will have the same effect for chelsea midfield, that martinez does for the utd defence.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Think, Palhinha but with more technical ability but not as much of a threat off of set pieces

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
How Chelsea aren't in breach of ffp is a miracle. I still can't believe that the 1.5 billion the club owed roman just gets written off because they got taken over

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think he’ll be a very good partner for Enzo, giving him freedom to impact matches more.

I don’t really understand the idea of going for Caicedo as well, especially without European football and with lots of young midfielders in the squad in Gallagher, Carney, and the Brazilian guy they signed. Poch will surely be playing a double pivot and not a three. But with Boehly who knows.

mu4c_20le

Limited. Chelsea are desperately trying to find something stick.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Mount replacement?
Positionally he'd probably be more of a replacement for Kovacic or Loftus-Cheek than Mount. If Ugarte indeed signs he'll play next to Enzo as a deep midfielder whereas Mount is more advanced.

If Poch wants to play with a 4-2-3-1 then Nkunku is probably the one who'll take Mount's place.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Another 60m up the wall, then?

Chelsea's accountant must have made more shit disappear than David Copperfield.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he’ll be a very good partner for Enzo, giving him freedom to impact matches more.

I don’t really understand the idea of going for Caicedo as well, especially without European football and with lots of young midfielders in the squad in Gallagher, Carney, and the Brazilian guy they signed. Poch will surely be playing a double pivot and not a three. But with Boehly who knows.
That Brazilian guy is a teenager who doesn’t even qualify for a work permit yet. We’re likely also losing Mount and Kovacic this summer having already sold Jorginho and we don’t know if Kante stays or not. At the moment it looks like Chelsea won’t offer him an extension. Gallagher isn’t starting quality.

You’re saying with all of that going on, Ugarte is the only midfield addition you would make?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We’re apparently offering half the wages PSG are offering but he still wants to come here. Love him already.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:(

Going to miss him. He was very good for us. Tireless worker, good technic and positioning. No fuss, no dramas, a very low profile person, just focuses on his craft. He was always respectful towards Sporting so I wish him the best.

Good signing for Chelsea IMO.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
That Brazilian guy is a teenager who doesn’t even qualify for a work permit yet. We’re likely also losing Mount and Kovacic this summer having already sold Jorginho and we don’t know if Kante stays or not. At the moment it looks like Chelsea won’t offer him an extension. Gallagher isn’t starting quality.

You’re saying with all of that going on, Ugarte is the only midfield addition you would make?

I assume Poch will play only two real midfielders and then a 10 or second striker (Nkunku or Havertz) ahead of them, maybe that's wrong.

Admittedly I had thought Kante was being resigned so that changes things a bit. But with no European football and playing a double pivot, it doesn't seem like you need more than 3 quality CMs to rotate with one more guy picking up occasional minutes. Enzo and Ugarte is two. If Kante is really out of the picture and the club is down enough on Gallagher and Chukwumeka that they don't think either can be the third guy in that rotation, then I can see Caicedo being added. It leaves very little room into the team short or long term for those two and the Brazilian kid, however, since that would be three huge CM investments all on very young (21-22) players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I assume Poch will play only two real midfielders and then a 10 or second striker (Nkunku or Havertz) ahead of them, maybe that's wrong.

Admittedly I had thought Kante was being resigned so that changes things a bit. But with no European football and playing a double pivot, it doesn't seem like you need more than 3 quality CMs to rotate with one more guy picking up occasional minutes. Enzo and Ugarte is two. If Kante is really out of the picture and the club is down enough on Gallagher and Chukwumeka that they don't think either can be the third guy in that rotation, then I can see Caicedo being added. It leaves very little room into the team short or long term for those two and the Brazilian kid, however, since that would be three huge CM investments all on very young (21-22) players.
No idea what formation Poch intends to play, but a team who is losing Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount needs to surely bring in more than 2 ready to compete midfielders. Santos will probably go on loan for a year or two, preferably in Europe so he can earn the work permit and we can judge the landscape then. I suspect Gallagher will have moved on by then. We’ll see what Poch’s plans are but Chuku can either be rotational squad player or go on loan. He’s certainly not ready to be a starter at Chelsea. You aren’t wrong about the pathway being somewhat blocked by adding Ugarte and Caicedo but I’d rather cross that bridge when we get there than go into the season very short in midfield and hoping Chuku is ready. For now both Santos and Chuku need loans.

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

We will be without kovasic,Ruben,Zakaria, most likely kante as well already jorginho also left. So need numbers. If we sign both ugarte and caicedo then most likely we will play in 3 man midfield formation with Enzo will have advanced role of the three to effect game more with his play making ability.

With the way our luck in terms of injury we can't go into next season with two senior central midfielders alone.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:(

Going to miss him. He was very good for us. Tireless worker, good technic and positioning. No fuss, no dramas, a very low profile person, just focuses on his craft. He was always respectful towards Sporting so I wish him the best.

Good signing for Chelsea IMO.
Sounds like a typical Pochettino kind of midfielder

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We will be without kovasic,Ruben,Zakaria, most likely kante as well already jorginho also left. So need numbers. If we sign both ugarte and caicedo then most likely we will play in 3 man midfield formation with Enzo will have advanced role of the three to effect game more with his play making ability.

With the way our luck in terms of injury we can't go into next season with two senior central midfielders alone.
I forgot Loftus-Cheek is leaving too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Another quiet summer for Chelsea then, their squad was looking a bit thin to be fair.
There’s about 10 players rumoured to be leaving, probably more. The midfield especially will just have Enzo left after we sell Mount, Kovacic, potentially Kante. It’s going to be a summer of mostly outgoings judging by all the reports.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
They keep on spending, good to see FFP working. :lol:
By the looks of things we're going to bring in about £200M this summer from player sales, maybe even a lot more if players like Havertz are sold in addition to the obvious suspects.

Assuming we can sell the likes of Mount, Kovacic, RLC, Pulisic, Ziyech, Gallagher, Chalobah for decent enough money and somehow rid ourselves of Aubameyang and Azpilicueta (ie. free transfers) there's also going to be massive cuts to the club's salary bill. Felix and Zakaria are already confirmed to leave after their loans which frees up a good chunk of salaries too and right now Kante's future is a bit of a question mark but he could end up going too. If all the players mentioned here will be gone by next season that's going to be around £80M/y off the wage bill so even if we sign a few new players in the summer they're only going to earn a fraction of that put together.

FFP is working exactly like it's intended to. As long as a club isn't already under FFP restrictions due to previous violations (which we don't have) the rules don't dictate whether a club can buy new players before they sell off others or if the sales should be done first. The only thing that matters is how the accounts look when the monitoring period ends and chances are ours will be okay (at least for now) if we can make the big clear-out sale happen.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
By the looks of things we're going to bring in about £200M this summer from player sales, maybe even a lot more if players like Havertz are sold in addition to the obvious suspects.

Assuming we can sell the likes of Mount, Kovacic, RLC, Pulisic, Ziyech, Gallagher, Chalobah for decent enough money and somehow rid ourselves of Aubameyang and Azpilicueta (ie. free transfers) there's also going to be massive cuts to the club's salary bill. Felix and Zakaria are already confirmed to leave after their loans which frees up a good chunk of salaries too and right now Kante's future is a bit of a question mark but he could end up going too. If all the players mentioned here will be gone by next season that's going to be around £80M/y off the wage bill so even if we sign a few new players in the summer they're only going to earn a fraction of that put together.

FFP is working exactly like it's intended to. As long as a club isn't already under FFP restrictions due to previous violations (which we don't have) the rules don't dictate whether a club can buy new players before they sell off others or if the sales should be done first. The only thing that matters is how the accounts look when the monitoring period ends and chances are ours will be okay (at least for now) if we can make the big clear-out sale happen.
You sign this guy and then sign Nkunku and that's already a significant outlay no?

I honestly don't know why any clubs are helping you out by buying your offcasts so quickly. You'll be in quite a pickle if you struggle to sell no?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
They keep on spending, good to see FFP working. :lol:
If we sell two or three home grown players for 100 mn we can buy five players worth 100 mn annual cost and still within ffp. So for example if we sell mount,Ruben,chalobah and maatsen for 100 mn we can sign ugarte for 60 mn,caicedo for 80 mn, mashmardville for 30 mn and nkunku for 60 mn without any problem at all according to ffp.

I don't add possible sale of ziyech,pulisic,kovasic,kepa, havertz and Mendy. If they all departed we can still able to sign 100 mn striker if we wanted and still within ffp.

onemanarmy

If we sell two or three home grown players for 100 mn we can buy five players worth 100 mn annual cost and still within ffp. So for example if we sell mount,Ruben,chalobah and maatsen for 100 mn we can sign ugarte for 60 mn,caicedo for 80 mn, mashmardville for 30 mn and nkunku for 60 mn without any problem at all according to ffp.

I don't add possible sale of ziyech,pulisic,kovasic,kepa, havertz and Mendy. If they all departed we can still able to sign 100 mn striker if we wanted and still within ffp.
What about homegrown/British players? If you sell that lot, how many are left?

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
You sign this guy and then sign Nkunku and that's already a significant outlay no?
Sure. But assuming both of those deals get done then that's a lot of the required work on incomings already done, given we've also got Malo Gusto (right-back) and Levi Colwill (CB) coming in.

We'll still definitely need a striker though, and perhaps another midfielder if indeed most/all of Kova, Mount, RLC, Kante, Gallagher leave.

What about homegrown/British players? If you sell that lot, how many are left?
Broja, Sterling, Madueke, Hall, Chukwuemeka, Chilwell, James, Colwill, Bettinelli.