Manuel Ugarte

davidmichael

Can only assume that means PSG blew Chelsea out of the water with their bid for Ugarte, wasn’t there reports PSG were going to pay the fee in 3 instalments and higher wages which I guess they needed to do to attract Ugarte to Ligue 1 instead of the PL.

mu4c_20le

Boehly determined not to be humiliated this time. He'll buy the fecking club!

Idxomer

Buying a stake in your transfer target's club is a new one.

Boehly is a genius.

MadMike

:lol: Wtf is this?

Please for the love of Drogba, one normal day following Chelsea is all I ask.
Does Boehly like Ugarte so much he’s willing to buy Sporting to have him? :lol:

Not a bad team to own tbf, constant talent factory and a great stepping stone for Brazilian talent in Europe.

Infra-red

Chelsea are hoping to buy Caicedo, aren't they? Presumably, we'll shortly be hearing that Boehly is now bidding to buy Brighton. In fact, Boehly probably should have just done that 12 months ago and saved himself a lot of trouble.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Not a bad team to own tbf, constant talent factory and a great stepping stone for Brazilian talent in Europe.
I don’t even believe that report because it sort of implies whoever owns Sporting accepted that proposal otherwise why try to force Ugarte to sign with Chelsea? On the face it it’s obvious that is bollocks :lol:

It sounds like it’s a just a straightforward case of he chose PSG’s offer over Chelsea’s offer after both clubs met the release clause.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
This actually makes a bit more sense than getting urgarte AND Caicedo. Both players operate the same way. Lavia is more of a hybrid number 6 and 8 that is that is similiar to dembele who can drive the ball forward and is press resistant. something that is missing with the departure of kovacic. Enzo le fee is also an alternative to lavia

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Chelsea are hoping to buy Caicedo, aren't they? Presumably, we'll shortly be hearing that Boehly is now bidding to buy Brighton. In fact, Boehly probably should have just done that 12 months ago and saved himself a lot of trouble.
Why the heck would Caicedo move down

NYAS

They can offer the 8 year contract all they like; they’re going to have to pay it off within 5 years.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I don't understand the logic of Ugarte to Caicedo. Surely Moises should have been first choice, and the numbers for that deal would be quite higher.

Supports
Chelsea
Isn’t that around 180k pounds per week? Doesn’t seem that crazy given how much Chelsea is reportedly paying Enzo.
I believe everything that's been reported has been net so its closer to 300k+ p/w

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I believe everything that's been reported has been net so its closer to 300k+ p/w
Oh wow. That would be a huge offer for such a young and relatively unproven player. I can understand Chelsea not wanting to go anywhere near that.

Teja

He's been speaking of the multi-club model for a while. It doesn't really make sense that he's doing it as part of the transfer business but who knows, maybe some truth to that.

Teja

They can offer the 8 year contract all they like; they’re going to have to pay it off within 5 years.
The 5yr thing is to prevent accounting gimmicks for FFP I believe, between the player and the club there's still an 8 year deal. That has benefits like not losing players on a free, retaining value etc. (Woodward must be super frustrated with himself that he didn't think it up somewhere).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The 5yr thing is to prevent accounting gimmicks for FFP I believe, between the player and the club there's still an 8 year deal. That has benefits like not losing players on a free, retaining value etc. (Woodward must be super frustrated with himself that he didn't think it up somewhere).
We signed maguire on 6+1 year, so it's something new. Madrid also signed players on 6 year.contract, we went one step ahead and signed 6+1.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

That's not going to happen.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Paying the transfer fee and depreciating ( amortisation of the fee ) aren’t the one and the same.

There are of course pitfalls in offering a player a long term contract but from an accounting point of view it is a valid approach but also those long contracts do set out wages or terms for the whole period

I can’t recall where I saw it but it was quite surprising just how few players didn’t either 1) sign a contract extension 2) were sold before the contract ended as opposed to how few when a fee over £10 million was paid saw their initial contract to its end.

As an aside it was rumoured that UEFA were going to limit the period that a few could be amortised over from this window on. I can’t see that this change has been sanctioned yet and with the window now being open I wonder if any one has actually see that either at PL level or indeed UEFA level it’s been changed

Judas

Open to offers
Don't you remember our last 20 transfer windows? Last summer was an absolute shit show. We tried to sign a racist and were talked out of it by the fans. Pursued a player for months that didn't even want to come.
Look I just want to laugh at another club for a bit, I don't need reminding on our feck ups.

redcucumber

I don't see what there is to laugh at though. It might be a sign that they're going to operate properly rather than just throwing money around like PSG. If anything it could be a sign of things to come for us if Qatar get involved.
Ah cmon, nothing wrong with having a laugh at Chelsea's bizarre and feckless spending.