ManUtd player of the month - September

Who is your Player of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who is your player of the month of September?

Fixtures
Stoke 2-2 ManUtd
ManUtd 3-0 Basel
ManUtd 4-0 Everton
ManUtd 4-1 Burton
Southampton 0-1 ManUtd
CSKA Moscow 1-4 ManUtd
ManUtd 4-0 Crystal Palace

RedCafe Ratings for the matches

RedCafe MOTM:

Fellaini - 2 (Basel, Crystal Palace)
Martial - 2 (Burton, CSKA)
De Gea -1 (Stoke)
Matic - 1 (Everton)

Jones - 1 (Southampton)

Player stats

Goals+Assists:

Chances Created:

Defense:

Stats don't tell the full story, just giving some basic stats and how Redcafe rated them for the matches played.

@Mods/Admins (@KM @Damien ) Can you please add poll with all the players played?

p.s: Let me know if there are any mistakes.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Lukaku, he doesn't usually get man of the match awards but he plays his role to perfection. Can't really ask for more from our striker. Long may his form continue.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Have to give it to Fellers, myself. Martial and Lukaku will have a lot of those coming in the future. It's the big man's moment now.

Roberto420

Matic for me he has slotted in like he has been here years even with changing partners hes been pure class, Felli a close second and Jones 3rd.

diarm

There's a top 5 table of performances in each match above. Give 5 points for 1st place down to 1 point for 5th and you get:

Lukaku - 17pts

De Gea - 16pts
Martial - 14pts
Rashford - 13pts
Fellaini - 10pts

Looks fairly accurate to me. Lukaku and De Gea have played a lot more and have contributed consistently so they deserve to be ranked above guys who flashed brighter less often.

Devil may care

Lukaku got us the points against Soiuthampton, killed off Everton and got us off the mark in Russia, he just edges Martial for me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Martial for me. Lukaku and De Gea were fantastic too.

Manny

Grammar Police
There's a top 5 table of performances in each match above. Give 5 points for 1st place down to 1 point for 5th and you get:

Lukaku - 17pts

De Gea - 16pts
Martial - 14pts
Rashford - 13pts
Fellaini - 10pts

Looks fairly accurate to me. Lukaku and De Gea have played a lot more and have contributed consistently so they deserve to be ranked above guys who flashed brighter less often.
Indeed. Lukaku isn't the out and out MotM but he's usually amongst the top 3.

roonster09

Scout
Very tough choice for this month

Lukaku has scored in all the 6 games he played in. 7 goals in 6 games with scoring in every game is fantastic.

Fellaini really had very good month. 3 goals and 1 assist (only Lukaku, Martial and Rashford contributed more Goals+assists than him) and he is very high in defensive contribution too. To top it he won Man of the match awards in 2 games which is most than any player (only Martial won as many)

Martial: He has amazing stats. 33 mins per Goals+assist, 27 mins per chance created is just fantastic stat. Only start where he didn't contribute goal or assist is vs Basel. Martial played 50% less mins than Lukaku but contributed as many goals and assists as Lukaku. That's a fantastic return.

Rashford also had a wonderful month contributing 7 goals + assists, (55 mins per G+A) and averaging 56 mins per chance created.

Martial and Lukaku both were in top 5 performers in 5 out of the 6 games they played. Awesome for Martial as he started only 3 games and came on as a sub in 3 games. Rashford finished in top 5 performers in 4 of the 7 games played.

Very tough to select for this month. I'm going for Martial for contributing so much in limited playing time.

yfoFC

I absolutely love this thread and hope we can get it every month if it's no hassle @roonster09

3 things stand out for me with the stats are:

1.) Martial has just been a revelation with what he gas done with his minutes. You just have to look at the chances created and the minutes to know what a special lad he is (anyone who comes in here blabbing about tired defenses and the likes should go shove it where the...)

2.) Herrera is a complete midfielder with his offensive contributions in relation to the minutes he has played coupled with the ridiculous amount if defensive contributions in so short a time

3.) Fellani has really improved leaps and bounds this season and though Herrera edges him in the defensive side with comparable minutes, fellani is more of a goal threat and isn't too shabby in defence with herrrera being better in chance creation. So we can see why both of them are still battling for that spot

If it were all about stats though then Herrera and fellani beat matic with the number of minutes they've had but watching games live you can tell matic is more instrumental to our play and so this is a glaring example of how stats don't tell everything and this should also apply as regards fellani and herrera

EDIT
Oh and I choose martial by the way for contributing so much in so little time and playing consistently well either from the bench or when starting, it didn't matter which and he shone each time except basel

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Think it's Matić for me, bar the last game where he was a bit sloppy overall I think he's consistent with what he's delivering and doing it at a very high level. Shout out to Lukaku, Martial, Rashford and Fellaini too, even Jones if we talk defenders.

Oh, and great job @roonster09.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
I absolutely love this thread and hope we can get it every month if it's no hassle @roonster09
I'll be doing it for every month. We had one for august too and also one thread to note all the monthly award winners.

ManUtd1999

Nearly voted for Fellaini, decided to vote Lukaku.
Nearly voted for Lukau, decided to vote for Fellaini :)

It's great to see 4 players who could easily be picked as POTM (Fellaini, Lukaku, Matic and Martial). Jones was good too, Young did well each time that he was called, Valencia was solid, and De Gea was there when needed.

Sylar

For me, Fellaini gets it. Just because hes looked like a different player, playing in a midfield 2, taking the place of Pogba.
For September at least, we didnt miss Pogba which is quite something.

haram

Gave it to Matic, although I've probably blurred the two months together in my head.

AshRK

Just for the entertainment he has given us, I voted for martial but one of fellaini or lukaku deserve it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Close call between Matic and Lukaku. Went with Matic, as he's made our midfield look like a title challenging team. Lukaku is also way exceeded my expectation but Matic edged it.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
7 goals, gotta be Lukaku, easy decision. Great work on the stats OP

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Great thread!

kotha

Wanted to go with Lukaku.. But considering that Pogba wasn't there, I think I'll go with Fellaini.. He has stepped up and we did get come out of the month unscathed even with Pogba out..

Overall a good place to be as a team.. All of Lukaku,Matic,Fellaini,Martial,Jones,DDG would have been worthy winners..

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Martial. Can't replace that excitement you feel, watching him when he's in form and running at defenders. Also has the performances and stats to back it up this season, thus far. Long may it continue.

Special mentions to Fellaini, Matic, DDG and Lukaku.

Paul_Scholes18

I actually think it has been Young. He has been really good in all games he played. Put good crosses in and have done well defensively.

Martial, Lukaku, Fellaini has all done really well too. Although with Martial it has mainly been 2 outstanding games. Lukaku has been consistent as well although I do feel he has missed a few too many chances to be player of the month.

Matic done well too, but I think Fellaini has been slightly better in midfield for this month.

The good thing is that most of our team is in form. Pretty much everyone for us have done well. Worst player of the month I can't really think of many apart from Perira that struggled a bit when he came on against Burton. Darmian also played poor against Stoke so I guess he have been the main disappointment. 1 player out of form is not very much. I guess Lindelöf could be mentioned as well, but he did well in his last game.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So many players in the running for me, what a change that is from recent years.

For me though it's Martial followed by Lukaku.