ManUtd player of the month - September

Who is your Player of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Fellaini has been playing his best stuff for us this month, which is great to see especially with Pogba out. Martial however has produced some of our best football so far this season, contributed to an insane amount of goals and is a major reason why Lukaku is having the start to his Utd career he's having. Should definitely go to Anthony this month.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
On balance I've gone Lukaku. I think other players (Rashford, Martial, Matic, Jones, Fellaini) have shone brighter in certain matches but over the month Rom has been our mainstay banging the goals in.

Havak

Pokemon master
Really tough one this month, as so many of the lads have been outstanding. I went with Fellaini, his improvement on past seasons here just makes it more of a highlight IMO. He's buckled down and worked hard, knows his limitations and just puts in 100% at all times in whatever role he's asked to play. He's chipped in with a lot of end product to his game and if he continues to get a similar amount of game time we might be looking at an additional 10 goals from midfield this season which will go a long way.

I think Martial and Lukaku have also played their roles superbly. Lukaku keeps scoring, Martial keeps making an impact. I'm being super critical though, as I actually think both of these guys should've scored another couple each! Just being greedy, but it's nice to be able to think like this again as a United fan!

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Average rating for the month of September as rated by Redcafe.
Martial - 7.27
Fellaini - 7.25
De Gea - 7.23
Lukaku - 7.10
Young - 6.90
Matic - 6.85
Rashford - 6.51

rampo

Voted for Fellaini, he had to step up as he was replacing Pogba, and boy, did he step up in style !!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
As much as I want to give it to one of the attackers no one stepped up as well as Fellaini this month, when we needed him most after Pogba got injured he took responsibility and really showed that he absolutely deserves to be part of the team. I think he's won himself a lot of fans this past month.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Spoilt for choice this month, with a few very worthy contenders, but I have to go for Lukaku.

Parry Gallister

Really hard to pick, which is good news. The winner is going to be francophone though.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Going for Martial. He's easily has the best contribution ratio in the team and is amongst the best chance creators on the team despite playing far less than his team mates in Miki and Mata.

Be it goals plus assists or chance created, Martial has easily outperformed our other attackers by ratio.

And he's been MOTM in 2 of the 3 matches he started and despite coming often as a substitute he still managed to sneak in the top 5 performers in other games which is very impressive.

He's simply been our best performer.

AgentP

Great thread mate! Just look at how many goals we have scored this month and how different players have made vital contributions all over the pitch. Herrera, Smalling, Young, Darmian and Blind have all done so well despite not being guaranteed a spot in the team. Even Lindelof had his first good game for us against CSKA. If we compared this with our 7 games in September 2016, you would see a huge gulf in every department.

Man United 1-2 Man City

Feyenoord 1-0 Man United

Watford 3-1 Man United

Northampton 1-3 Man United

Man United 4-1 Leicester City

Man United 1-0 Zorya

Man United 1-1 Stoke City

Apart from the Leicester game, we had a dreadful month and were not able to recover till the end of the year. Interestingly, we played Liverpool away after the October international break and drew 0-0 and then followed it up with the 4-0 loss against Chelsea. So, now we play the same fixture again and Chelsea away is also not too far away. A different result in those two games will really set us up for the remainder of the season.

Zlatattack

I voted Lukaku because of all the goals, otherwise for me it was Rashford. He's been outstanding for us. Mind you so has Martial and Fellaini. I'd love to have this difficult choice to make again in October and November.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Having trouble picking between several players is a very welcome problem. Went for Martial.

KN5

Everyone will vote Lukaku because goals talk, simple. Voted Fellaini, been immense and his overall play especially passing and defensive work seems to have gone under the radar.

minoo-utd

The good thing is we have many who deserve to be our player of the month and this is progress of course. For me it's Martial.

Klopp_De_Klown

I went with Fellaini but Young is a good shout too... Its too obvious and easy pick DDG and the flair players. I went for an underdog as in who has probably improved the most. Matic and Jones deserve special mentions too. Not really done a lot wrong without really being that flash.

But everyone has done well in general, form of some has fluctuated match to match which is normal. It looks a fun place to be right now.

Dante

Average bang
For future reference, it should be Matic every month. He's the keystone that keeps United together. As such, he's the most positive effector of every match.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can the people who voted for Darmian or Romero please own up :lol:

FattyFooty

Whoa! Great month for several players, but the "big Fella" gets my vote.

Hes been the complete package this month, came on for a injured Pogba and bossed it, scores goals, breaks, tackles, winning duels, allways gives a good fight.

Seems just like midfielder we want.

lex talionis

Lukaku for me. Martial, Jones, Matic and Fellaini are worthy runners-up, but Lukaku's goals have been key and his overall play has been outstanding. He's started every game (except for the league cup game, I think) and I don't think he's even been subbed off yet. Despite all the other moving parts -- Rashford or Martial, Mata or Lingard or Miki, Pogba or Fellaini or Herrera and rotating left backs -- Lukaku and Matic (and De Gea, of course) have been the constants who haven't put in a wrong foot yet.

If I had to rank them I'd go with this:

Lukaku
Matic
Martial
Fellaini
Jones

But the margins between those five are pretty thin.

Redlyn

Tough but Martial for me. Can't go wrong with picking Fellers or lukaku but his rdiculous productivity edged it for me. Hope he gets to show what he can do with more minutes soon.

deafepl

It's got to be Lukaku for sure, without him, it could cost Manchester United 4 points. He scored a goal against Stoke and Southampton when United is playing so poorly. If it wasn't for his important goal, we'd drop 4 points by losing to Stoke City and draw with Southampton.

OldTrevil

I went with Martial, Lukaku has been great with the goals too so either one will be deserved.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Lukaku is ahead on Redcafe. Martial won official Manutd player of the month.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I don't watch United barring highlights but I voted Lukaku, the transformation in the team since he arrived is obvious to anyone that follows football. And he's on the scoresheet every game it seems.

Matic could be the catalyst but he's not the one banging the goals in, so Lukaku.

Trizy

I don't watch United barring highlights but I voted Lukaku, the transformation in the team since he arrived is obvious to anyone that follows football. And he's on the scoresheet every game it seems.

Matic could be the catalyst but he's not the one banging the goals in, so Lukaku.
To be fair he's doing a great job but if you'd have watched our last few game Martial has been unplayable.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
To be fair he's doing a great job but if you'd have watched our last few game Martial has been unplayable.
I like Martial, praised him a few times here that I think he'll become the star player between him and Rashford so it's no surprise if he's finally turning it on. Mbappe and Dembele might be the kick up the arse he needed to finally show his class.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I voted Lukaku given he's a new player who's arrived after a big fee was paid and has the pressure job of having to score.He has done very well.
DDG, Matic, Jones, Bailly, Martial, Rashford & Mkhi have had their moments.