Marc Cucurella - World Class Hairdo

Marcus

Loan with offer to buy please. We loan from Chelsea because they are the ones who bought everyone else already.

Last edited:

Teja

Could do a lot worse than Cucurella on a loan.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why are we so desperate for a Lb? Aren’t our two main options back in 2 months with Dalot capable of playing there? Would have thought another stormer or midfielder was the priority.

Gandalf

The wording from Romano makes me think this is very unlikely. It looks like we have simply put out feelers to see what it would take and considering what they paid for him last year I can’t believe Chelsea will let him go without a pretty significant loan fee and his wages covered. Would far rather we stick it out with Dalot and keep Fernandez at least until January.

OverratedOpinion

Why are we so desperate for a Lb? Aren’t our two main options back in 2 months with Dalot capable of playing there? Would have thought another stormer or midfielder was the priority.
We probably won't sign anyone else. There's just more press about a left back today because Shaw's injury is so recent.

TheLord

He'd be a much better buy from Chelsea than Mount, Matic or Mata. He isn't exceptional, but fairly decent for the correct price range (~30 million). Chelsea need to balance their books, so wouldn't mind offloading him, even if that means a significant loss. A loan deal is even better for us in the long term.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wish we took punt on some unknown players rather than overpaid garbage, especially for back up positions.

Dr. StrangeHate

Wish we took punt on some unknown players rather than overpaid garbage, especially for back up positions.
It really is astonishing. He has been a super flop at Chelsea. This club's transfers are infuriating. Hopefully just rumours.

Ekeke

I predicted he'd be on loan back to Brighton by now, not us. I can see why we'd be happy to have him as cover, but why would Chelsea want to help us with our weak point

Marcus

I predicted he'd be on loan back to Brighton by now, not us. I can see why we'd be happy to have him as cover, but why would Chelsea want to help us with our weak point
Because we are not considered a threat or becauae of £££

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They might be desperate to get players out of their bloated squad.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Letting you have a backup left back is less important to Chelsea than whatever money a loan would bring in.

lysglimt

Scout
You don't see a problem with us only having 2 fit experienced fullbacks ?

Jig1234

Alvaro Fernandez should be sold if this happens. If he can't get a chance now, he has no future here. He's been out on loans already. Reguilon and Cucurella don't excite me at all.

kaku06

I agree we need a stormer that can go in our dressing room and sort out these lazy feckwits.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The guy couldn't deal with the high expectations at Chelsea yet he'll do well for us ?

Dan_F

So in a few weeks time we would have 3 first team left backs, Dalot who can do a decent enough job there, and a youth team left back. It’s pretty much one of our best stocked positions.

Satissh12

So in a few weeks time we would have 3 first team left backs, Dalot who can do a decent enough job there, and a youth team left back. It’s pretty much one of our best stocked positions.

Its not about Dalot being able to play in that position, its about what happens when either one AWB or Dalot is injured.

CM

It feels unnecessary to be pissing around chasing back up LBs when there are already other positions in the starting eleven that are well short of the standards. Any money we've got knocking around should go towards fixing the midfield as a matter of priority or failing that, another striker.

Dalot and Fernandez should be fine as cover until Shaw and Malacia are back.

mintyred

Cross-posting from the other thread:

The biggest reasons behind his abysmal form since he came here are his defensive positioning and his decision making. Both have been utterly horrific. He gets caught out of position so many times and allows wingers to fly past him and free on goal. The mistakes he makes aren’t subtle or minor, they’ve been shockers that lead to calamitous goals conceded. He even did it a couple of times just a few weeks ago in preseason.

Also, the thing I was most excited for before we bought him was the rampaging runs up and down the wing he used to do for Brighton. He has shown none of that whatsoever here at Chelsea. He looks terrified to put in a cross or carry the ball in attacking areas.
He'll fit right in then.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just play Dalot or recall Williams, or play Malacia with one leg. Anything but cucurella.

Dan_F

Its not about Dalot being able to play in that position, its about what happens when either one AWB or Dalot is injured.
That’s football. It’s extremely unlikely you have three first team full backs injured at the same time, if it happens you suck it up and play a kid or someone out of position. Even Martinez can cover at left back.

I doubt any squads have three first team left backs in their squad.

Ekeke

Letting you have a backup left back is less important to Chelsea than whatever money a loan would bring in.
Why? When it can help us get an extra point or two and finish above you rather than below? Think the prize money will be more than a few hundred thousand for a loan

Djemba-Djemba

He was absolutely fecking horrendous every time I watched Chelsea last season.

I know everyone was bad for them but he was by far the worst every game, he was laughably bad.

He'd be an awful signing.

Uniquim

Not sure how much he'd end up costing, but I'd rather take a punt on Valentín Barco. He looks like he'll do really well in the Premier League.

Litch

Depends if its the Brighton or Chelsea one? Not sure why they'd loan him to us anyway?