Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Probably bollocks. Just an attention seeking tweet I think.

I'd give myself a prostate exam with hot sauce if we sign someone else tonight.
You seem to have spelled Twat wrong there mate.

TsuWave

guy is such a shameless buffoon. he saw those links that popped up after Sabitzer - that were likely alternatives we sounded out - and thought, "shit, might as well roll the dice, I'll just word it as 'may not be the only one"

ForeverRed1

Been at work all day, switched phone on to see this! United acting like a proper club making exciting moves and not spending millions just for the sake of it, I like it. Selective

Infestissumam

Who needs Souness, when you have Merson

Taken from Sky Sports

Sky Sports' Paul Merson speaking on Deadline Day:

"Marcel Sabitzer doesn't get in the Bayern Munich team. I know they've got a two cemented in midfield but if he was that good he'd be pushing. Again it goes back to panic. There was no interest in him on January 1.

"Chelsea are trying to get Enzo Fernandez over the line and Christian Eriksen is now injured at Man United. It's panic. You're buying second-rate Bayern Munich players.

"This lad wasn't on the radar before. He doesn't get in the Bayern team - nowhere near their first team. You've got to ask 'is he going to make us better?' I'm not sure."
it will never ceaze to amaze me that those people are actually paid money to spout their clueless drivel on TV. Incredible.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
According to fifa, he has a £37m release clause. If he smashes it here, I wouldn’t be against paying that for him as a rotational option. Not getting the option to buy isn't the end of the world.
Why on earth would Bayern have inserted such a low release clause into a players contract? They’re not a feeder team.

Rojofiam

According to fifa, he has a £37m release clause. If he smashes it here, I wouldn’t be against paying that for him as a rotational option. Not getting the option to buy isn't the end of the world.
Every player has a release clause in that database. Sabitzer doesn't have one in real life.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Feck no, get the right players, not the ones that are available. Rabiot has more than once shown he just wants the money.
I agree. Rabiot was sleepwalking for years at Juventus and coincidently just as his contract is running out with no new one offered he starts playing well.

Lets not be the fools to give him a new deal.

Acole9

Outstanding
it will never ceaze to amaze me that those people are actually paid money to spout their clueless drivel on TV. Incredible.

What makes it more laughable is that the next player they asked him about was Jonjo Shelvey who he said was a top player...

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Really really smart signing. He'll be an improvement on Eriksen
On current Eriksen probably yeah, but Sabitzer did struggle a lot with Bayern, he was nowhere near his Leizpig level.

That being said, it really is a smart quality signing. At the very least he'll share Eriksen's (who obviously needs rest) minutes and will be far better than VdB.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That being said, it really is a smart quality signing. He'll share Eriksen's (who obviously needs rest) minutes and will be far better than VdB.
Both these players are out for the rest of the season. Sabitzer will be first choice alongside Casemiro.

Swiss_Red89

Ach nein ein Österreicher...die können ja nicht mal mehr Ski fahren, geschweige den Fussball spielen.

Welcome to United Marcel ;) Wish him all the best.

DevTheRed

Over the moon with this one.. honestly thought there was zero% chance of us signing anyone else. Almost like for like with Eriksen, he doesn’t have the passing ability but makes up for it with his energy in pressing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If he shines, I wouldn’t be against us getting him permanently. He’d be a cheaper number 8. Love players that work hard for the team and he seems to be one of them. Be interesting to see how he works alongside Casemiro and Bruno. I’d imagine him and Fred would also be good together against big teams, constantly pressing.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
There are no release clauses at Bayern

avgp_1

Those that watched him, how well did he perform for Bayern this season?
Thought he had a very good start to this season and was even keeping Goretzka out of the line up, who tbf was injured and then just coming back from it.

I think it was the first half against Barca where truly he did look the worst midfielder on show and Goretzka transformed them on replacing him at HT. I don't think he has started since.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Both these players are out for the rest of the season. Sabitzer will be first choice alongside Casemiro.
Shoot I knew for VdB but missed the Eriksen news.

Makes the Sabitzer signing an even better idea, very smart move, he's quality. Lets hope having a lot of game time get him back into his groove.

Real Name

guy is such a shameless buffoon. he saw those links that popped up after Sabitzer - that were likely alternatives we sounded out - and thought, "shit, might as well roll the dice, I'll just word it as 'may not be the only one"
What kind of a name is Pilib anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.