Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

I personally don't rate him but as a last minute Eriksen replacement I'm happy with the loan deal. Hopefully we can get it over the line.

Mr. Robot

Are people really actually moaning about us bringing in a loan signing after the Eriksen news? :houllier:

Sabitzer’s probably one of the better options we could get as well, even though he’s struggled a bit since joining Bayern. If we get the Leipzig version then that will be a very good bit of business.
RedCafe is a depressing place at times. Our online fanbase is the worst in the world, up there with Arsenal’s.

Lights Out

I’ll be very happy if this goes through. He’s not played much at Bayern because he’s behind world class players like Kimmich & Goretzka!

I fully trust EtH and his signings so far!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Exactly this, and nothing wrong with it. He looks a decent player and fits well into ETH's setup, if we can get the deal across the line.

Now, if we'd seen Jonjo Shelvey drive into Carrington this morning....
Earlier I was trying to think what midfielder I wouldn't take right now given our current situation ... and well, you've cracked it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Has been very underwhelming at Bayern, although was looking very promising before he joined.

In any case, a much needed addition and about as good as we can get with no budget and limited options in the market.
He's been underwhelming last season, but early this season he performed very well in Goretzka's absence. That he found himself out of the team again when Goretzka returned was somewhat harsh on him, but it is what it is. He's a good player but in the larger picture we just don't really need him in a prominent role, which has put him in a difficult position from the moment he joined.

Heinzesight

Decent little player who always impresses me when I’ve seen him play. Not arsed if this is reactive, we need bodies.

Elcabron

Won't pretend I know anything about the chap but full international, in his prime, European experience, no risk signing(apart from the opportunity cost).

We finally seem to be making some shrewd signings and nice to see our scouting reaching beyond lower PL teams.

I'm fully on board this train.

Dve

Can't see Sabitzer starting the first game a few days after landing in Manchester.
Weghorst did, but Sabitzer will have to compete with Fred, and it's not that obvious who will be the first choice.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wasn't he really good in the away game when Leipzig knocked us out of Champions League a couple of seasons ago
I think so yeah, seems a hard working and talented player, exactly what we need after the Eriksen news.
I’ve seen a lot of people say it’s a panic buy if it happens, but to me even if it clearly reactive after Eriksen was injured, it is good to know a contingency plan was in place. If we get this over the line with minimal fuss and without having to overspend then it should only be seen as a positive.

hobbers

Athletic reported possibility of making this permanent in the summer so IF (big one) it happened would people be happy with midfield options next season of

Bruno
Casa
Eriksen
Sabitzer
Aouar/Tielemans
Fred
Depends on what's happening up front. No chance we'll even look at Aouar and Tielemans has been shit for ages. He'd be below Fred in the pecking order on form over the last year.

If Sabitzer plays well for us and we can get him cheaply enough that means enough to spend £100m+ on Osimhen then yeah.

mu4c_20le

Merson is just pissed that he might be coming to the Premier League and he'll get a United/Chelsea game to cover on Soccer Saturday before the season is up. Any surname with more than two syllables is beyond him. Stick a Z in it and he's got no chance.
:lol:

sleepehead

Athletic reported possibility of making this permanent in the summer so IF (big one) it happened would people be happy with midfield options next season of

Bruno
Casa
Eriksen
Sabitzer
Aouar/Tielemans
Fred
No I don't think we'd be happy with that. Aouar/Tielmans are at best backup quality. Sabitzer could be a 50/50 signing where he doesn't hurt us but doesn't help us enough. And Fred I think only got extended for 1 more year so there's no guarantee we don't sell him this summer if we don't extend him. You'd want someone to displace Eriksen in the starting lineup and there's no one on that list that you'd say is definitely better than him.

Laurencio

I don't think it's fair to hold not starting ahead of Goretzka against him. Who would?

Elcabron

He's been underwhelming last season, but early this season he performed very well in Goretzka's absence. That he found himself out of the team again when Goretzka returned was somewhat harsh on him, but it is what it is. He's a good player but in the larger picture we just don't really need him in a prominent role, which has put him in a difficult position from the moment he joined.
Thanks. Good to know this from someone who watches him regularly.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Would be a fantastic bit of business on a loan. Capable of filling in for Eriksen and also Casemiro whenever he needs a rest as well.

Wheato

Are people really actually moaning about us bringing in a loan signing after the Eriksen news? :houllier:

Sabitzer’s probably one of the better options we could get as well, even though he’s struggled a bit since joining Bayern. If we get the Leipzig version then that will be a very good bit of business.
Absolutely, and shows that some people at the club do actually know what they are doing. Nobody ITK was mentioning Sabitzer or Weghorst. But Ten Hag knows what he wants and who can fill these positions. He is very detailed in playing people in their best positions. And on which side of the pitch. For instance, he doesn't like playing Maguire as left center back, because he is right footed. Despite Maguire playing as left center back for most of his career.

He will have a plan for Sabitzer and I'm confident that he will do well for us.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Interesting deal if we can pull it off.

will be a big plus for our new transfers set up to be able to show that we can make a quick deal when necessary.

biggest criticism of the previous regime was how much time it took to get deals done!

We tried to get this lad when he was 17.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
RedCafe is a depressing place at times. Our online fanbase is the worst in the world, up there with Arsenal’s.
I agree. The amount of moaning over what seem to be fairly sensible transfers is odd. This place isn't as bad as Arsenal Mania. Or Arsenal Twitter. #EduOut is currently trending.

cyberman

Completely unsimilar to Rodri, also no playmaker type. Hard-working 8 with an eye for goal.

What @hobbers said. Not sure which "opinions" you refer to other than we like to rant after games as much as the next fan.

This. A transfer that makes sense for all parties involved, and a very good addition for Man United.
To be fair I’ve been reading that Kimmich isn’t a much of a 6 for you and how it bites you in the ass in the big games.
People pretending Bayerns midfield is this elite machine is about 2 years out of date

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
even if he’s average he’s better than eriksen with 1 leg.

AT LEAST be happy the club are trying something and not just leaving ETH a player down.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I agree. The amount of moaning over what seem to be fairly sensible transfers is odd. This place isn't as bad as Arsenal Mania. Or Arsenal Twitter. #EduOut is currently trending.
I saw that! Why is that trending?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
even if he’s average he’s better than eriksen with 1 leg.

AT LEAST be happy the club are trying something and not just leaving ETH a player down.
Yes, this is what I'm happiest about, the fact he's actually pretty good is a bonus at this stage.

bosskeano

beggars can't be choosers right now given the unexpected news that eriksen is out....we have to bring in an experienced quality CM

bayern said no to Gravenburch and Sabitzer they said yes....it's a loan and very smart move

Status
Not open for further replies.