Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

Agreed, he is very capable. Like I said above -- out of a group of Sabitzer, Betancour, Hojbjerg and Bissouma -- if ETH could have one, who would he pick? Honestly, I think I would put my money on Sabitzer. To be able to add a player like this just before the deadline, when we are in desperate need for a player in that position, is nothing short of really really good news.
It doesn't quite cover my sadness at losing Eriksen for pretty much the rest of the season, but if we get him in (and get lucky with minimal injuries from here) I'm confident it won't de-rail the season.

Giggsy13

I'm just so sick of fecking loan deals, now made as the window closes because our house of cards are collapsing.

We should've enquired about Sabitzer before Eriksen's injury, which perhaps we did. If we did then fine. It's still a damn loan deal, but at least there was a semblance of a plan.
I suppose you were the only one who saw a former scouse donkey injuring Eriksen.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be a fantastic bit of business on a loan. Capable of filling in for Eriksen and also Casemiro whenever he needs a rest as well.
Obviously we're signing him now to cover Eriksen, but in terms of any potential for making the deal permanent in the summer the bold is what interests me.

Just how equipped would he be to step in instead of Casemiro and play alongside a Eriksen/Fred?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Glad to see ETH knows exactly what players he wants and that is hard working players. He’s making us hard to beat which is always a good platform to start with.

MrSingh2002

Bit of a nothing player at the top level. Would hate it as a signing but it's decent if it's a loan and no obligation to buy.

He'll compete with Fred to deputise as CM instead of Eriksen so he has a chance to get starts right off the bat.

Hopefully it's a good stop gap until Eriksens back and also until we get the CM Ten Hag really wants in the summer window.

croadyman

Turns out he was the guy who put in that curling ball for that City reject to score against us in that Champions League game

Skills

Snitch
Obviously we're signing him now to cover Eriksen, but in terms of any potential for making the deal permanent in the summer the bold is what interests me.

Just how equipped would he be to step in instead of Casemiro and play alongside a Eriksen/Fred?
Eriksen no, I think would work with Fred though.

flappyjay

Doesn't really matter if he's not starting for Bayern. If he's a good enough squad player for them then he's no doubt a good enough squad player for us. With Eriksen out I'd imagine our first choice pairing is Casemiro and Fred anyway.

A loan move for him/anyone makes sense if it's financially fair.
Arsenal bought 2 back up players from Man City and they are challenging with those 2 as important members of the squad. People will find any reason to moan.

croadyman

Bit of a nothing player at the top level. Would hate it as a signing but it's decent if it's a loan and no obligation to buy.

He'll compete with Fred to deputise as CM instead of Eriksen so he has a chance to get starts right off the bat.

Hopefully it's a good stop gap until Eriksens back and also until we get the CM Ten Hag really wants in the summer window.
Will remind you he's a nothing player when he pops up with an assist in big game whether that's Nou Camp, Wembley or better still Anfield

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
would he be our most handsome player since Daly Blind?

Rolaholic

Why are Bayern prepared to let him go if he's that good?
Laimer is on his way in the summer and they still have Gravenberch, who they signed over the summer, needing playing time. That's on top of Goretzka, Kimmich and Musiala already being in the first team

Basically he'll be surplus to requirements very shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.