Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

Yeah ticks a lot of boxes as a box to box midfielder. Good energy and work rate, pressing. Very good link up play and calm in possession. Not so much a distributor like Eriksen but lot more press resistant.
That would help us a lot if true.

Ekeke

Yeah, I've always been a fan too and don't really agree with your analysis. I think he's been the perfect foil to Casemiro and our flaws more to do with only having 1/3 of the front line showing consistent form. I think if we had a fully functioning front 3 the CMs would look even better.
Going forwards sure, but it has nothing to do with the big spaces he leaves defensively and his ball winning being less than Pogba's who was also questionable in that position with his tracking. On the ball I'm mainly a bit underwhelmed with him not helping us keep the ball and dominate it more than Pogba was. Thats where I was expecting the improvement, not just being available for selection more often. But he's given the ball away more than I was expecting, which coupled with that being something Bruno does means we don't keep the ball that well.

Unlikely lad

Yeah ticks a lot of boxes as a box to box midfielder. Good energy and work rate, pressing. Very good link up play and calm in possession. Not so much a distributor like Eriksen but lot more press resistant
He’s not particularly press resistant based on what I’ve seen of him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He doesn't have the quality on the ball that Eriksen does, but very few players do. He's still good on the ball, and what you gain with him are more legs. He's a pressing machine. Between him and Fred, he have a lot of energy to rotate in that midfield now. Excellent addition given the circumstances. He's a proper midfielder, which is much more than I expected at this late stage.

BBer13

This seems like a really good signing. A very low cost option that fills a hole in our squad. The player seems to be just what we need.

032Devil

I'm almost emotional about this in a childish way. First Austrian playing for United. You better perform son
These kinds of events are really entertaining. Don't happen often enough since the Fergie days.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Going forwards sure, but it has nothing to do with the big spaces he leaves defensively and his ball winning being less than Pogba's who was also questionable in that position with his tracking. On the ball I'm mainly a bit underwhelmed with him not helping us keep the ball and dominate it more than Pogba was. Thats where I was expecting the improvement, not just being available for selection more often. But he's given the ball away more than I was expecting, which coupled with that being something Bruno does means we don't keep the ball that well.

I think he's positionally better than Pogba and while not as athletic he's more honest and that helps the defence. With Pogba, attacking players used the midfield expanse to build up momentum.

Blood Mage

This is a really smart signing, wtf happened to us?
Ten Hag is a football obsessive like Pep/Klopp who knows exactly how he wants to play and is adept at identifying the players needed to play the way he wants.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah, I've always been a fan too and don't really agree with your analysis. I think he's been the perfect foil to Casemiro and our flaws more to do with only having 1/3 of the front line showing consistent form. I think if we had a fully functioning front 3 the CMs would look even better.
I think the problem with Eriksen is that he's technically brilliant, but he lacks the defensive output and isn't a carrier of the ball either. Too often in these big matchups you can see we lack proper dribblers especially in midfield, where under pressure they are forced to all play longer passes as they can't drive past and break a counter press.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He doesn't have the quality on the ball that Eriksen does, but very few players do. He's still good on the ball, and what you gain with him are more legs. He's a pressing machine. Between him and Fred, he have a lot of energy to rotate in that midfield now. Excellent addition given the circumstances. He's a proper midfielder, which is much more than I expected at this late stage.
Against top teams, him, Fred and Casemiro to lock down that midfield.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think the problem with Eriksen is that he's technically brilliant, but he lacks the defensive output and isn't a carrier of the ball either. Too often in these big matchups you can see we lack proper dribblers especially in midfield, where under pressure they are forced to all play longer passes as they can't drive past and break a counter press.
He's not Zidane but ffs he's a, massive upgrade on wbat we had and he's one of a few decent CMs we've had in a decade. You fussy cnuts.

Glorio

I have watched the first 3 mins of an 8 min YouTube compilation, and watched only the part 2 of this analysis and can put my hand up as a bonafide expert on Sabzsaber this player and a genuine fan who saw his promise before I was aware of his existence. This guy propels us into league winning contention again :drool: :drool: :drool:

Godfather

Yeah he has his flaws. Sometimes gets caught on the ball and his passing isn't close to the quality of Pogba (but whose is?)
But a much harder fighter than Pogba with a much bigger engine. Knows how to press and has a good shot on him. Decent set piece delivery too. Bit injury prone sadly.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's not Zidane but ffs he's a, massive upgrade on wbat we had and he's one of a few decent CMs we've had in a decade. You fussy cnuts.
You wouldn’t have known he was a free transfer would you?

Eriksen has been fantastic for us and anyone complaining about what he’s brought simply doesn’t understand football.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It's SHITE being United! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fecking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate City. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Mockney, and ALL the midfield signings in the world won't make any fecking difference!
:lol:

Zed 101

Yeah he has his flaws. Sometimes gets caught on the ball and his passing isn't close to the quality of Pogba (but whose is?)
But a much harder fighter than Pogba with a much bigger engine. Knows how to press and has a good shot on him. Decent set piece delivery too. Bit injury prone sadly.
Pick any player you like, Pogba could stink up a bin filled with used nappies

BerryBerryShrew

Presumably, given his work rate and pressing, we could potentially pair him with Fred should Cas need a rest/gets suspended/gets injured (god forbid)? Two high energy 8's can cover for the lack of a 6.

Sorry, I've just got PTSD from the time we had to replace Cas with McTominay away against the league leaders...shudder

Ekeke

I think he's positionally better than Pogba and while not as athletic he's more honest and that helps the defence. With Pogba, attacking players used the midfield expanse to build up momentum.
I see him not tracking back just as often as Pogba, the only difference is now we have Casemiro to mop up and Lisandro to engage the attackers, rather than playing McTom, Fred or Matic as our DMs... And thats a substantial change in quality

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
He has entered English airspace :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.