March madness 2014

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Rick Barnes is such a bad coach. Dude had Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin and lost by 19 in the second round. Reminds me of Ben Howland's UCLA team that was insanely talent and couldn't even reach the final game.

Kevin Love (5th overall)
Russell Westbrook (4th overall)
Darren Collison (21st overall)
Josh Shipp (averaged 13 points per game)
Luc Mbah A Moute (6 year NBA veteran)

NM

Villanova :(
Villanova are chronic bottlers.
Feck off. This team didn't have a go to guy. It hurt them.

Next season, hopefully Hilliard grows into it. Kid is only 20 and will be a senior.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Good for Wisconsin making the final four!

Nice to see 3 big ten teams in the elite 8, for those doubting the quality of the league. We have a really good shot at having 3 of the 4 final four teams.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Any regular basketball watchers care to comment on my theory: teams trailing narrowly (or tied) with less time left on the game clock than the shot clock are too concerned with winding it down to get the last shot, more so than actually creating an open look, and often end up rushing something in the last few seconds and missing a severely pressurised shot.

Last edited:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Any regular basketball watchers care to comment on my theory: teams trailing narrowly (or tied) with less time left on the game clock than the shot clock are too concerned with winding it down to get the last shot, more so than actually creating an open look, and often end up rushing something in the last few seconds and missing a severely pressured shot.
Agree 100%

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Any regular basketball watchers care to comment on my theory: teams trailing narrowly (or tied) with less time left on the game clock than the shot clock are too concerned with winding it down to get the last shot, more so than actually creating an open look, and often end up rushing something in the last few seconds and missing a severely pressurised shot.
Definitely. They should just run a normal play and try to score whenever they get a good chance.

Eboue

It's heroball nonsense. I guarantee you that Bo Ryan's plan wasn't for the guy shooting 40% to take a step back jumper. They got the mismatch they wanted for the best offensive player on the floor and yet Kaminsky didn't touch the ball once.

Mighty Boosh

Not usually a big fan of basketball but always tune in for this, really looking forward to Kentucky vs Michigan tonight! If I had to have a bet I'd be going for both Michigan teams to make it through.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
feck off! The thought of either of Michigan, Wisconsin or Florida winning the tournament is revolting.

Izzo was my last hope. :(

Last edited:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
At least Indiana won't have to go to Michigan or MSU next season and see a fresh banner in the rafters.

But I would rather see Wisconsin, or either Michigan team win it than someone outside the Big Ten. Might as well back your conference, at least against colleges outside the state of Indiana.

Eboue

At least Indiana won't have to go to Michigan or MSU next season and see a fresh banner in the rafters.

But I would rather see Wisconsin, or either Michigan team win it than someone outside the Big Ten. Might as well back your conference, at least against colleges outside the state of Indiana.
They'll be seeing a 2014 Big Ten Champions banner!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Yeah, it would be nice to end the chatter of "How can the Big 10 be good if they don't win a national championship". I do spend most of my time in Connecticut, and a win would be great for the local nightlife atmosphere. I'm conflicted.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Who cares about the rest of the tournament?

Also, Wojo to Marquette!