Marco Asensio

Have been a huge fan for a few years because he was an absolute legend in FM for me. Incredible talent. Has he played for Spain in WC qualifying yet? He has to be on the plane to Russia

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Reminds me of Januzaj in his first season with us.....

pascell

He has a wand of a left foot and his close control/dribbling is fantastic. The goal in the posted video above, that first touch and then lobbing the keeper was world class. His precision with his shooting is amazing too for someone so young, who said he was slow in here? Burnt off a lot of defenders in that video

Shuriken

Is there a more fitting name of a player so reflective of their current state? This guy's ascendency is at least as rapid as Mbappe's or Dembele's, he's already doing it at Real.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This kid could finish Bale's Madrid career. Isco had already pushed Bale to the sidelines, Asensio could shut the door on him.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
This kid is embarassing Bale who will be a sub player worth 80m... Surely madrid cant allow that now can they ;)

santeria13

Sublemon
Reminds me of Januzaj in his first season with us.....
If Januzaj was even half as good as that in his first season with us, he would not be being playing for Sociedad now. It's not even close.

Martial would be a much better comparison imo

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Seems like he has the ability to score some crackers with the outside foot when he's on the LW.

NotQuiteManc

Everytime he scores, it is always a thunderbastard type of goal. Massive talent.

Champagne Football

Would happily take Bale now that Madrid have found a new darling. Jose could well feel it might be worth the wait for Bale possibly in January

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He has a wand of a left foot and his close control/dribbling is fantastic. The goal in the posted video above, that first touch and then lobbing the keeper was world class. His precision with his shooting is amazing too for someone so young, who said he was slow in here? Burnt off a lot of defenders in that video
Sounds like a certain Leo M. ;)

Not saying he's gonna reach his level of course, but I really real like stylistically they could be similar players. As you say, just brilliant control of the football and able to skip past people because of it with ease even though he's doesn't appear to be all that rapid, and his finishing from anywhere within about 25 yards just looks effortlessly clinical.

With Isco looking like the heir apparent to Iniesta these days, you could say the two most important players Barca need within the next few years are both at their arch rivals instead.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How fecking good is this kid? And to think Real bought him for 5m or something?

Eddy_JukeZ

Barcelona didn't buy him, because they wanted to pay the 4.5m clause in installments. That's one of the worst decisions the club has ever made.

He's incredible. Better than Bale imo.

AdnanRED

Didnt this kid get recommended by Rafael Nadal lol? I say get him in as a scout.

I havent seen a player let alone a young one be so accurate and good with his long shots. Some of these goals remind me of players back in the 90s who could just score from anywhere.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Barcelona didn't buy him, because they wanted to pay the 4.5m clause in installments. That's one of the worst decisions the club has ever made.

He's incredible. Better than Bale imo.
Barcelona and their shambolic decision making is finally catching up with them.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Is twice the player but 10 times less costly than Gomes.

Tells you everything.

Grande

Sounds like a certain Leo M. ;)

Not saying he's gonna reach his level of course, but I really real like stylistically they could be similar players. As you say, just brilliant control of the football and able to skip past people because of it with ease even though he's doesn't appear to be all that rapid, and his finishing from anywhere within about 25 yards just looks effortlessly clinical.

With Isco looking like the heir apparent to Iniesta these days, you could say the two most important players Barca need within the next few years are both at their arch rivals instead.
He's 21 and has really never scored much goals for any club before, which would make me think he's not that kind of a player.

Is he a scorer of great goals rather than a great scorer of goals?

Brightonian

Didn't realise he only had a £70m-ish buyout clause. Blimey. Anyone who's ever read a post of mine knows I'm not a bit fan of splashing out or making signings where you already have good players of your own, but I'd take that in a flash if you offered it to me. He's one of the most remarkable young strikers I've seen for years. Rooney-esque wow factor.

Of course, I'm sure he's very happy to be that rarest of things, a young player at Madrid who the club wouldn't instantly sack off for the chance to sign someone else's hot property of the moment. Even Real know what they've got on their hands there. And I'm sure they've let him know they know too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I say we trigger his release clause and offer him €200k a week. We've paid more for other players! :p

He won't go for it but if you don't buy a ticket you can't win the lotto. :lol: