Marco Rose - Dortmund manager

::sonny::

Seems a good one to watch, part of this new wave of german managers.
Interesting professional background with great results at red bull salzurg and the other borussia.

Blood Mage

Great manager who I'd like to see at United, but when Ole gets the boot we'll just appoint the interim coach who replaces him after he strings a few wins together.

TommyGunn

Supports
Liverpool
He played for a long time under Klopp at Mainz. Apparently his football philosophy is a lot like Klopps and the two of them keep in regular contact. So based on that loose thread, he will 100% be the next Liverpool boss

MattofManchester

I'm waiting to see how he performs at Dortmund over the long term. Dortmund were a fascinating watch in their UCL match, but Dortmund have always been a fascinating watch.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This has nothing to do with Rose, the original happened a couple of years ago.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Top of the league
That not common for Dortmund early in the season? Then they eventually meet Bayern, everyone thinks this could be the time, Bayern inevitably win & go on a run, then Dortmund fall away?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That not common for Dortmund early in the season? Then they eventually meet Bayern, everyone thinks this could be the time, Bayern inevitably win & go on a run, then Dortmund fall away?
It is not even really true as they have played one more match. Bayern and Bayer play each other today, who wins is top of the league. Only if they draw Dortmund will be on top.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Just cannot seem to do well against Ajax and Ten Hag.

Massive game for him now against Sporting,

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Unfortunate that his player got sent off, very questionnable red card.

However he played the exact same tactics and went flying from the start, I doubt any team can maintain that intensity against Ajax for such big parts of the match, you really have to score when you do.

Also taking of Hazard, one of their best players in the 1st half instead of that tall useless guy when you are going to counter attack was one of the weirdest decision Ive seen so far. Should have put Malen on much earlier as well to exploit the space at the back of Ajax.

He got outclassed by Ten Hag twice, and I really hope Sporting beats them.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Unfortunate that his player got sent off, very questionnable red card.

However he played the exact same tactics and went flying from the start, I doubt any team can maintain that intensity against Ajax for such big parts of the match, you really have to score when you do.

Also taking of Hazard, one of their best players in the 1st half instead of that tall useless guy when you are going to counter attack was one of the weirdest decision Ive seen so far. Should have put Malen on much earlier as well to exploit the space at the back of Ajax.

He got outclassed by Ten Hag twice, and I really hope Sporting beats them.
I'm not sure how losing after having a player ridiculously sent off, during a time when they were playing much better, is called getting 'out classed'.

I've been critical of Rose this season, especially the horrendous decision to play a diamond at Ajax, but this lose is absolutely not down to him. Not only were they at a disadvantage due to one of the worst VAR decisions I've seen, but by the host of injuries they currently have, which means he's had to to play virtually the same XI for weeks now (including midweek UCL and Cup games).

Dortmund should've been 2-3 goals up by HT, given the chances they had already missed before the penalty, and got tired towards the end being down by 1 man.

Ten Haag is a fantastic coach and I really really hope he becomes the United manager, but this match I don't think shows him in an amazing light because he had many advantages and would've been expected to win.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I'm not sure how losing after having a player ridiculously sent off, during a time when they were playing much better, is called getting 'out classed'.

I've been critical of Rose this season, especially the horrendous decision to play a diamond at Ajax, but this lose is absolutely not down to him. Not only were they at a disadvantage due to one of the worst VAR decisions I've seen, but by the host of injuries they currently have, which means he's had to to play virtually the same XI for weeks now (including midweek UCL and Cup games).

Dortmund should've been 2-3 goals up by HT, given the chances they had already missed before the penalty, and got tired towards the end being down by 1 man.

Ten Haag is a fantastic coach and I really really hope he becomes the United manager, but this match I don't think shows him in an amazing light because he had many advantages and would've been expected to win.
It wasnt a ridiculous red card in my book, although I'd say yellow would have been better.

Dortmund werent better when he got sent off, Ajax was taking control of the game which was to be expected. It was exactly the same thing 2 weeks ago, only that Dortmund maintained it for just a bit longer this time round. It is a stupid tactic to play against Ajax.

After a red card, there is still a match to play and he made some dumb decisions in attempting that. Tigges should have been taken off and not your most offensively threatening player in Hazard who at least has some pace and movement to get in behind. Malen hasnt set the world alight but would be a logical sub from the 70th minute.

Dortmund would have never been able to maintain that pressing the first 20 minutes as they didnt two weeks ago. It is an all or nothing approach from Rose which is only justified when you score one, and maybe even twice. Gone are the days when Ajax players dont have the lung capacity to match with these top teams in Europe, they'll run you ragged. The 10 men certainly didnt help in that case.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Think it's time to add "Sack watch" to the thread title

caid

Think it's time to add "Sack watch" to the thread title
I quite liked that period when every manager thread was a sack watch thread. It comes for them all eventually (or you really wish it would for Klopp and Guardiola).

Devil may care

Why would Dortmund sack him when he's only one point off Bayern in the Bundesliga? I know the CL campaign has been a disappointment but are Dortmund that reactionary?

MrBest

Why would Dortmund sack him when he's only one point off Bayern in the Bundesliga? I know the CL campaign has been a disappointment but are Dortmund that reactionary?
They won't, people are too reactionary. He has a good win percentage, they have not performed in the champions league but are doing well in the league so far. It's his first season, things take time and there best player has had afew injuries this season.

ti vu

People are taking a pissing at Dortmund, for their attempt of banter thrown at us earlier.

Series of bad result in the league, which risk their CL qualification for the next season is often the trigger for their manager's sacking. So as right now, nothing to see here regarding Marco Rose.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What you think about him so far? @do.ob
Started out okay, then football got progressively worse. Has to deal with a crippling injury crisis and some bad luck in the CL matches (e.g. red card against Ajax). It's hard to say what's his fault and what's the injuries. If he doesn't lose the dressing room over this the second half of the season will be the time to judge him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They won't, people are too reactionary. He has a good win percentage, they have not performed in the champions league but are doing well in the league so far. It's his first season, things take time and there best player has had afew injuries this season.
They are way too over reliant on Haaland.

I'd imagine it's hard not to be, but they were being pulled single handedly through games earlier in the season by Haaland.

Now he's injured, the chickens have come home to roost, they now realize how much they need him
They concede far too many goals, and if they are not scoring then that causes trouble, especially in Europe where the level of opposition is a standard above most Bundesliga teams.

He won't be sacked this early, but Bayern will soon pull away and Dortmund won't get back firing until Haaland gets back.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Of course, they also sold their other best player in Sancho and replaced him with a dud in Malen, as they like to do, amazingly run club they are

Who can forget when they replaced Dembélé and Aubameyang with Yarmolenko and Batshuayi..

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As a club they have no ambition. They’re a feeder club for other clubs.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As a club they have no ambition. They’re a feeder club for other clubs.
As a club they have the ambition of their means. Being a feeder club is how they finance themselves.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lets be honest they lost Sancho, now they've lost Haaland for a significant amount of time. That's enough to effect any team in the world.

Malen hasn't settled yet/isn't of the same quality.

It does make me feel a little happy though with all their snide comments over the last few years. You love to see it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Who will they replace him with? The only chance Dortmund will have of anything is if Bayern sell Lewandowski and Dortmund can replace Haaland's goals.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought Dortmund were a patient club. Developing a habit.

Red Royal

Who will they replace him with? The only chance Dortmund will have of anything is if Bayern sell Lewandowski and Dortmund can replace Haaland's goals.
Hope that Bellingham doesn't use it as an excuse to move on. I'd hate it if Liverpool is his next destination.