Marco Silva | No longer Everton manager

Castia

Absolute shambles.

You would think at 10-0 they’d wrap it up or atleast tone it down...why the feck would you go and score 22 goals....lol.

Morpheus 7

I fail to see the point of this game, it's not a proper game to even get fitness up. Who ever planned Everton's pre season is a dope. It's very embarrassing for them other poor fellas. Not to worry though, I'm sure Everton will be put to the sword more than once this season.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I didn't see the whole match but it seemed the Austrians were very sour losers and started to use triangle for their keeper to run up the field, as soon as they were a couple goals down.

From the Austrian camp i've heard some complaints about a possible offside for the 17th goal and that the "game was broken".

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Just on Marco Silva, he was brilliant at Hull. The history books will say “relagated at Hull”, but that’s about as unfair a representation as you can get. He took a completely disjointed side that had zero hope, brought in a bunch of low-budget signings and got them playing like a cohesive team. It really was a night and day difference. One result different and people would have been talking about one of the great premier league survivals.
Can’t comment obviously with personal experience on his time at Watford, but it did seem to be going well up to the non-move to Everton.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well it'll be all downhill from here.

Castia

Fancy being 15-0 up though and still going for goals....makes Everton look like a right set of cnuts imo what a shambles.

Imagine in the 89th minute and your winning 22-0 why are they even playing at that point in a friendly game?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not happy at all. Tosun was isolated too often, no support from the flanks and full backs didn’t get forward. Zombie passing, no midfield movement and Michael Keane was a joke at the back! Coward manager. Lucky we didn’t get beat in this match!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Seems very odd to arrange a game against such poor opposition though.
Sarcastic there, mate. Imagine being a relatively big PL club being bullied financially over renting training facilities in a no man's land from a beer league team. Apparently it's common to play friendlies like that but I just don't see the point. As somebody said, they should've just play their youth team perhaps.

ChaddyP

Fancy being 15-0 up though and still going for goals....makes Everton look like a right set of cnuts imo what a shambles.

Imagine in the 89th minute and your winning 22-0 why are they even playing at that point in a friendly game?
To gain fitness?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Embarrassing for them really. Pick on someone your own size, cnuts.

TommiHelm

This is how I do pre-seasons in football manager to get everyone to 100% fitness and morale. Judging by how well it works there, we better watch out for Everton this season. ;)

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Sarcastic there, mate. Imagine being a relatively big PL club being bullied financially over renting training facilities in a no man's land from a beer league team. Apparently it's common to play friendlies like that but I just don't see the point. As somebody said, they should've just play their youth team perhaps.
Would they even have brought the youth team with them to Austria?

ChaddyP

So is running in a park. This feels like running in a park full of the elderly kicking the shit out of them and mocking them on each lapse.
My guy, I was just answering why they bothered to finish the match.

From the Everton Forum..tough crowd..

Said it when he was at Hull, Watford and when he joined EV.
He's garbage - Wolves have a lesser team and have taken points off the Manchester clubs.

The squad is gash but this fella isn't going to take us places you can see it already.
6 PL games without clean sheets at Everton. In the last 17 PL games without a clean with Everton and Watford. When will we get the first clean sheet?
1 win in 6 is not a good start however you look at it. Defence is still awful and we can't finish. Everton that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I still think he's a decent manager.

Everton just sign good players , not great ones. Walcott, years at Arsenal threatening to be great but never becoming that so don't see why he's a player who should fire them into the top 4.

Richarlison can be a great player but still inconsistant.

Schnderlein...well we saw his struggles at Man. United and he's a player I liked a lot at Southampton.

His sides always seem to pick up stupid red cards at times, first day at Wolves they were 1-0 up and comfortable and then Jagielka miscontrols the ball. At Bournemouth they were 2-0 up I think and Richarlison does a stupid headbutt so potentially 4 points lost there.

Everton also struggle from mentality of never beating Liverpool and so feeling in their shadow constantly.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He can't organize a defence, says me.
What they put out today is far from their first choice defence in fairness, need experience of Coleman back and Mina also in.

Bit like when Man. United put in Darmian and Lindelof and everyone on the main forum wonders why it's near impossible to keep a clean sheet even with De Gea in goal....

Mcking

What they put out today is far from their first choice defence in fairness, need experience of Coleman back and Mina also in.

Bit like when Man. United put in Darmian and Lindelof and everyone on the main forum wonders why it's near impossible to keep a clean sheet even with De Gea in goal....
Not just today though. Teams have kept clean sheets and defended really well with far worse defenders. Mina is yet to play a game for them, so he does not count too.

Ether

Everton's recruitment has been odd, signing Sigurdsson/Klassen/Rooney seems like much of a muchness. Sandro/Onyekuru a bit pointless, whereas Tosun hasn't really made an impact and you wonder whether they would've been better off just giving Lookman a chance in attack.

Tough job after the mess Koeman left behind.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not just today though. Teams have kept clean sheets and defended really well with far worse defenders. Mina is yet to play a game for them, so he does not count too.
I agree, Watford keep 3 clean sheets from their first 4 games last season. Wonder who their manager was....;)

His Hull team also got a 0-0 at Old Trafford.

Mcking

I agree, Watford keep 3 clean sheets from their first 4 games last season. Wonder who their manager was....;)

His Hull team also got a 0-0 at Old Trafford.
C'mon man, we all know a good defence is not all about keeping a clean sheet and such a small sample size doesn't cut it. What happened in the rest of their games before he was sacked?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He does remind me of Roberto Martinez :lol:

I had higher hopes for him but he probably needs more time before we judge. He bought so many new players for Everton itl take a while for them to bed him and then him to understand the squad on top.