Marco Silva | No longer Everton manager

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
C'mon man, we all know a good defence is not all about keeping a clean sheet and such a small sample size doesn't cut it. What happened in the rest of their games before he was sacked?
That's my point though, small sample size for this season aswell, 6 games and in two of them they had a man sent off. Jagielka when 1 up at Wolves and Richarlison when 2 up at Bournemouth.

I just prefer to judge them properly when Mina and Coleman are in that back 4, that's all.

Sigma

He does remind me of Roberto Martinez :lol:

I had higher hopes for him but he probably needs more time before we judge. He bought so many new players for Everton itl take a while for them to bed him and then him to understand the squad on top.
3 of them have hardly played (Bernard, Mina and Gomes). He needs time, its been 6 games.

That's my point though, small sample size for this season aswell, 6 games and in two of them they had a man sent off. Jagielka when 1 up at Wolves and Richarlison when 2 up at Bournemouth.

I just prefer to judge them properly when Mina and Coleman are in that back 4, that's all.
It was 0-0 when he got sent off but your point stands. They have had a man sent of in 2 games, and still gotten 2 points from those games.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I still think he's a decent manager.

Everton just sign good players , not great ones. Walcott, years at Arsenal threatening to be great but never becoming that so don't see why he's a player who should fire them into the top 4.

Richarlison can be a great player but still inconsistant.

Schnderlein...well we saw his struggles at Man. United and he's a player I liked a lot at Southampton.

His sides always seem to pick up stupid red cards at times, first day at Wolves they were 1-0 up and comfortable and then Jagielka miscontrols the ball. At Bournemouth they were 2-0 up I think and Richarlison does a stupid headbutt so potentially 4 points lost there.

Everton also struggle from mentality of never beating Liverpool and so feeling in their shadow constantly.
He is still at Everton?

Their fans hate him from what I have seen on their forum.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes, he's struggled there aswell.

Was subbed after 40 minutes last week although that was in part as his Dad had passed away a few days before I believe.

Alabaster Codify7

just a shittier roberto martinez
Hello Nail. Meet my butty, Head.

Silva is just a shite version of Martinez, agreed. My good mate's a Toffee, and he was piping away about Silva......as I said to him at the time, I have no idea why. He's a mid-table attacking manager who cannot organise anything resembling a defence.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Started really well, fell apart after the Liverpool game. It doesn't matter who our manager is, we always have a horribly defeatist mentality.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Started really well, fell apart after the Liverpool game. It doesn't matter who our manager is, we always have a horribly defeatist mentality.
He is quite good imo. 2 of the goals has been mistakes today (didn't see Delle 's goal today) and you had valid goal disallowed.

Wouldn't complain if he takes over United in the summer.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is quite good imo. 2 of the goals has been mistakes today (didn't see Delle 's goal today) and you had valid goal disallowed.

He is defensively very poor. Not the right time

BaseFishing

Lessons are still to be learned about pragmatic coaches...

His style of play/coaching/management just reminds me of Jose but without the charisma, drive, or past success.

bond19821982

Lessons are still to be learned about pragmatic coaches...

His style of play/coaching/management just reminds me of Jose but without the charisma, drive, or past success.
On one side, we keep saying we should have taken Poch from Southampton while on another side, we are saying Silva is a mid table coach . I really do not see a big difference between Poch at Southampton and Silva at Everton.

Mick321

Picking Davies and Gomes in a 2 v Alli, Eriksen and co was utter stupidity.

bond19821982

Yeah it’s always defenders with him. Never him. Same excuse was used at Watford and they looked better since he left.
We all know what happened with Watford and why he was sacked . He was quite good with them until the speculation .

BaseFishing

On one side, we keep saying we should have taken Poch from Southampton while on another side, we are saying Silva is a mid table coach . I really do not see a big difference between Poch at Southampton and Silva at Everton.
Silva has had a bigger budget and better players I think. But you do have a point. Still, I think Poch's football is more progressive.

AlwaysRed66

Despite all the media having a love in with Silva, he isn't doing any better than Allardyce, considering the position the club was in when he took over last season.

el3mel

He doesn't know how to set a defense. Third team in a row with same defensive problems now.

Decent manager but mental that some were talking about him to get United job.

Vadim

He doesn't know how to set a defense. Third team in a row with same defensive problems now.

Decent managers but mental that some were talking about him to get United job.
People were seriously talking about him as Utd manager? Wow :houllier:

He is another AVB and Martinez. Always plays a high defensive line regardless of how quick or slow his CBS are. This is why his sides concede lots of silly goals.

Vadim

Everton are woeful. Horrible. Cannot see Silva lasting.
The problems run deeper than the manager at Everton.

People keep assuming they have good transfer windows when simply, they don’t. Walcott, Zouma, Coleman, Schneiderlin etc aren’t good enough for a club that apparently wants top 4.

Everton are a million miles away.

crossy1686

career ending
People were seriously talking about him as Utd manager? Wow :houllier:

He is another AVB and Martinez. Always plays a high defensive line regardless of how quick or slow his CBS are. This is why his sides concede lots of silly goals.
You can't fecking make it up can you?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Busted a gut to prise him from Watford. He’s no different to Martinez. Did they pay that compo to Watford in the end after they sacked him?

the_irish123

People just haven't been paying attention to him closely. He didn't even do any good at Watford. Javi Gracia looks twice the manager with the same players basically.

Classical Mechanic

It fine margins in fairness. If he won today they’d be in 7th which would be about par for them. I guess they’d want him to over-perform though.

Last edited:

Red14Devil9

Marcos Silva has a positive and open tactics, but he is the first manager in the Premier League to conceded 6 goals in at home with three different clubs. He really needs to put more attention to his defenses.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Everton seem to be poorly run.

Brought in Koeman. Allowed him to spend 150 mil including spending it on 3 number 10s in the same Summer.

Big Sam was a desperate move to save their season. Marco Silva has also been backed heavily and he's hardly inspiring.

I think they also need a proper director of football or they will just continue wasting money.

Bojan11

Everton seem to be poorly run.

Brought in Koeman. Allowed him to spend 150 mil including spending it on 3 number 10s in the same Summer.

Big Sam was a desperate move to save their season. Marco Silva has also been backed heavily and he's hardly inspiring.

I think they also need a proper director of football or they will just continue wasting money.
Eh they had Steve Walsh and got Marcel Brands last summer.

deafepl

I wouldn't be surprised if Everton sack him after the festive period and bring in van Gaal as a replacement
Let Everton have LVG, Liverpool will drop 6 points to LVG's team.