Marcos Rojo returns to first team training

fanutd

He is still a few months away from making his comeback according to Jose. I cant wait to see him back, has grown on me massively last season as a CB. I dont trust Smalling and Lindelöf, and Jones can do a Jones at times. Hopefully Rojo can get some game time in November and be fully ready for the busy period in December/January.
Agreed. He was a slow starter but last season he turned in to a right bastard to play against. But our bastard!

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Excellent news. Started very dodgy and went to strength to strength last year. Let's hope lindeloff does the same. We need numbers during xmas.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Jones is in great form. Providing Rojo picks up where he left off last season, who would you have partnering Bailly?

el3mel

Jones is in great form. Providing Rojo picks up where he left off last season, who would you have partnering Bailly?
Jones is in a great form now, but I'll prefer Rojo beside Bailly, though.

However I don't think Rojo will be on fire when he returns and will for sure take some time till he restores match fitness and become sharp enough for EPL again.

Last edited:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Jones is in a great form now, but I'll prefer Rojo beside Bailly, though.

However I don't think Rojo will be on fire when he returns and will for sure takes some time till he restores match fitness and become sharp enough for EPL again.
343? Bailly - Jones - Rojo. Three Mou-type of defenders. But we might miss a composed, calm, ball-playing CB. Too bad Lindelof struggles.

BenjaminP

Baily, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Lindelof, Tuanzebe.

When was the last time we had this plethora of central defenders?

el3mel

343? Bailly - Jones - Rojo. Three Mou-type of defenders. But we might miss a composed, calm, ball-playing CB. Too bad Lindelof struggles.
Even though Rojo is very rush in some of his tackles, I have noticed he's very composed when on the ball, not just a headless tackler.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Jones is our best defender right row. If things are the same then as the are now, the question would be who his partner should be.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Jones is much better on the ball than people give him credit for. He did play in midfield, not once or twice. Rarely makes mistakes with his passing and moves the ball well. Certainly better than anything Lindelof has shown in that regard.

Bailly and Rojo have good technique but the former is prone to lapses of concentration and losing the ball, while the latter tends to clear it impatiently or try too many ambitious long passes.

JMack1234

I'm looking forward to him coming back but i'm a bit backward and English and i've got a soft spot for a player who smashes into a couple of a horrendous challenges and gets away with it.

If I was an attacker i'd scared to death of Rojo and I think him and Bailly could be a formidable at the centre of our defence.

FujiVice

Remember about a year ago when people were questioning whether he would get a start in Sunderland's 11? Mad days.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Rojo has a better mentality and personality than Jones, would rather Rojo partner Bailly.

AXVnee7

Great news. He has improved immensely under Jose. Could even be the most improved player.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Bailly is getting dropped before Jones.
Jones-Rojo did very well during the second half of last season, if they continue in that form there's no need to complain if Bailly gets dropped i guess.

Craig Ward

No need to change the formation.

Rojo will have to work hard and be patient and wait for his chance. The CB sport are Bailly's and Jones's to lose, both are playing well.

We may find Smalling and Lindelof given chances before Rojo as it will take him a while to get back up to speed.

PaulRich

Jones is in the form of his United career IMHO - BUT and it is a big one - you just know he's going to be on the treatment table sometime soon don't you! Having Rojo back will do us no harm at all, he was excellent last season pre-injury.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is it fair to say that's the writing on the wall for Smalling? Don't see us keeping 5 centre backs, specially with Axel coming through too.
Lets see a full season of all our center backs staying healthy before we come to these decisions shall we? For all we know we might end up with Blind and Smalling starting by January.